I recently downloaded this app due to reading that it takes up to 4 pics silencing the shutter sound. After downloading it, I found the camera shutter is still there with no option to silence it. Does anyone else have this working on their phone and am I doing something wrong? Everything I read says it does not work sometimes on a CDMA phone which this obviously is not. Any help is appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 04:13 PM
    I have yet to find one that actually silents the camera that doesn't mess up the phone. I know it's a security feature and all, but still. There are times I don't want a shutter sound, like at my niece's dance recitals.
    03-12-09 04:18 PM
    i am not too sure as i don't use the app but i was told a long time ago about an app called berry annoying! havent found that yet, if no one posts any good solutions just email the apps creator!
    03-12-09 04:20 PM
    oh and have you tried with the phone on quiet yet? as a profile or vibrate?
    03-12-09 04:21 PM
    oh and have you tried with the phone on quiet yet? as a profile or vibrate?
    The shutter sounds remain regardless of what ringer profile you have set. I looked into berryannoying which I found is an app you have to pay for as peek a boo is free. This app would come in very handy in my line of work if I could get it to work correctly.

03-12-09 05:13 PM
    berryexpensive!
    03-12-09 05:24 PM
    This phone does not serve my voyeuristic needs.
    03-12-09 05:25 PM
    Yup doesn't work i cant believe i doesn't for the 8350i what a shocker
    03-12-09 06:07 PM
    Yup doesn't work i cant believe i doesn't for the 8350i what a shocker
    Is that sarcasm I detect? I too find it so hard to believe as well. I guess I'll try and find the time to email the app guy and ask him what the major malfunction is.

03-12-09 08:48 PM
    After downloading the app do not use the camera icon to open the camera, use the pink looking donut in the download folder and there will be no shutter sound for four pics.
    03-13-09 12:20 PM
    After downloading the app do not use the camera icon to open the camera, use the pink looking donut in the download folder and there will be no shutter sound for four pics.
    Are you using the 8350i? I clicked on the peek a boo icon after downloading it and it automatically starts the camera. When it fires the camera it takes a pic within half a second of the app being opened. That initial pic and every other pic after that has the shutter sound. I went on the berry coder website and could not find a way to contact the maker of the app. However when reading the feedback section, I saw other posts from 8350i users saying it was not working on their devices either.

03-13-09 12:35 PM
    yes 8350i, it auto saves the pic and takes four in a row, you can hear the click but it is very faint anyone more than a few feet away would not here it. If you only want 1 pic hit the back button after the camera save the pic. You have to reset the camera each time you want four pics
    03-13-09 12:55 PM
    It is the same volume as it is when you open the camera using the camera icon. I don't know what I can do about it. I have deleted, rebooted, reinstalled, and still the same results. I guess my only option is to try and find an email for the developer and ask what can be done to get this app to work.
    03-14-09 08:54 AM
    Don't know what I did different. Check options>screen/keyboard > convenience key, select peek-a-boo

2nd options>advanced options
    >applications>peekaboo
    >menu key>edit permissions>allow connections,allow interactions and allow user data.

hope this helps, do not know what else I did diff. but will keep thinking and i
    will post any suggestion I think of.
    03-14-09 08:27 PM
    Randy......thanks for your help with this. I downloaded again and followed your instructions to a T. Still have shutter sound no matter what I do. Oh well.....

03-14-09 11:17 PM
    so it works without sound for you randy?
    03-14-09 11:18 PM
    Sorry for the delay, been sick. Yes there is a very faint shutter sound not loud enough to here e few feet away. do not know what i did different to make it work.
    03-25-09 01:23 PM
    I have uninstalled/reinstalled this app four times all with no luck. The app takes a pic immediately upon being fired up and the shutter sound is the same as the regular camera icon. I sent an email to the developer almost two weeks ago with no response. Don't know what else to think or do.

03-25-09 03:17 PM
    hey guys i wanted to shine some light on this issue here with berryannoying

I have berryannoying on my 8350i phone before the recent phone OS update it was working perfectly i installed it once and the shutter sound went away, as soon as i update the OS to .128 the shutter came back but its not as loud as it would be if i didn't have berry annoying my next thing to try is completely Reset the whole entire phone and have that be the first application i install, and see what the outcome is.

I cant really say dont upgrade your phone to the new OS, because alot of fixes are on the release but on the older release the shutter is silent.
    05-01-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD