I'm just curious. I would love it if there were. Please let me know.

I just got my first BB 2 weeks ago and I'm definitely hooked!
    02-26-09 09:14 PM
    i need one too. my zip code tells me i have a lot of pedophiles on the loose.
    03-01-09 06:06 AM
    I'm just curious. I would love it if there were. Please let me know.

I just got my first BB 2 weeks ago and I'm definitely hooked!
    i`m afraid there is none, bb doesn`t have accelerometer so there is no chance getting info about motion
    03-01-09 08:35 AM
    i need one too. my zip code tells me i have a lot of pedophiles on the loose.
    maybe looking into encyclopedia for word - pedometer will prevent you looking like an ***** next time
    03-01-09 08:36 AM
    BB Maps can show mph...would you be able to convert that info to what you need? Just a thought..it's early and I haven't been to Starbucks yet
    03-01-09 10:01 AM
    Got a feeling dleccord was pulling your chain. Sensayuma, folks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 10:32 AM
    Yah pretty sure he was messing around... I was about to throw in the pedobear comment but seeing as how there's no sense of humor, ill just keep him locked up for now... No harm done :X

03-01-09 06:11 PM
    About the only thing you could use would be some of the GPS programs to track your position, such as GPS Logger. There are other GPS tracking programs as well. Several of them can even have your saved tracks viewable on Google Earth. Most of them will will tell you how far you have travelled (although not how many steps you have taken).

03-01-09 07:07 PM
    To figure that part out you just need to measure your average stride length and do a little math.

I think you're better off buying an actual pedometer.

03-01-09 11:29 PM
    Okay you have pay for it but the best app out there – and the ONLY app that does all of this ( and I have tired them all)!!! AllSportGPS from AllSport GPS phone- and web-based application for fitness performance tracking

It is the complete app for tracking running, walking, biking, and more. It tells you complete details like:
    MPH, Average MPH, pace, average pace, distance, elevation changes, etc. Even calcs Calories burned based on weight and height info. And when you are done it uploads it automatically to your account on their website. On the website you can do all kinds of things and it even keeps track of daily, weekly, monthly miles/calories walked, ran, biked, etc. You can have it plot the track on any type of map, street, or Satellite, etc.

From your blackberry you can even get a map of your path for recent recorded sessions. It will even do all kinds of pacing like (for runners) 5-Ones (run for 5 min, walk for 1 min) for those of you that know Jeff Gallowy’s book of running. You can even create your own events.

It is by far the best app ever and well worth the money. When my wife and I go for long walks on the beach I can actually track how far we have gone so we know when to turn around.

Beleive me I have tried every app to try and simulate what AllSportGPS does and NONE of them do everything that this app does. And it's very easy.

If you get a call in the middle of you session, AllSportGPS - keeps tracking in the background.

It will show you when you slow down, and speed up on a chart -very kewl - i can see when I have to stop while walking my dog because he has to do his business and I can see how long I was stationary for. Not sure how useful this information is but maybe I can analyize it and see if my dog really had to go or he's just marking hehe

It totally is awesome if you are into running, walking, hiking, etc...

It is very accurate becuase I have ran with it many times and if you do the math manually it is accurate. I usually put it in my coat pocket or back pocket while walking or carry it in my hand or strap my Berry to my arm while running (berry is in a case). Works great.
    Last edited by RazorV; 03-03-09 at 09:56 AM.
    03-03-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD