Anyone know of a program that will read Pdf files, word docs, powerpoint etc. It doesn't nessessarily have to edit but, would be nice. I want it to read email attatchments. I don't think I want eoffice because, I have read so many negative posts about it. I like my media files too much! Anyone know of any programs like this? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 02:03 PM
    upgrade to OS 4.5 you get docs2go!
    10-18-08 02:10 PM
    eOffice will work with media files as long as you do an OTA install so that you can go back and remove module dynoplex_jsr_211. It's an eOffice java media module of some sort. Removing allowed it to work with no problems.

10-18-08 02:28 PM
    Docs-to-Go is a good free solution for OS4.5 users for Office files. It does not support pdf files however. BeamBerry is a subscription-based app that supports pdf. I haven't used it.

10-18-08 04:29 PM
    eOffice will work with media files as long as you do an OTA install so that you can go back and remove module dynoplex_jsr_211. It's an eOffice java media module of some sort. Removing allowed it to work with no problems.

Hey CD, can you remove that: module file: (dynoplex_jsr_211) file with my Blackberry or do I have to DM remove the file? I would upgrade to OS 4.5 but my Provider US Cellular rep said it would be best to wait until the bugs are worked out of it. I know that 4.5 OS is more stable for At&T and T-Mobile etc.

10-18-08 05:54 PM
    Here are steps I created in order to run eOffice on blackberry OS 4.3
    I will see if I can get a Moderator to post this in the How To Forum for others to view.

How to view your media files with eOffice 4.5 installed on your blackberry

If you have eOffice 4.5 installed on your blackberry you may experience issues such as:
    1) no longer able to view YouTube videos
    2) no longer able to view video files from you blackberry device

It seems as though module dynoplex_jsr211 (associated with eOffice 4.5) is the culprint.
    After removing the module, you should be able to view your videos again while still having eOffice 4.5 installed on your blackberry device.

How to remove module dynoplex_jsr211 with an OTA installation of eOffice 4.5:
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Menu Key > Modules > Scroll down and select dynoplex_jsr211 > Menu Key > Delete

How to remove module dynoplex_jsr211 via Desktop Manger installation of eOffice 4.5:
    C:\Program Files\DynoPlex\cods\dynoplex_jsr_211.cod (Delete this file)
    C:\Program Files\DynoPlex\cods\ dynoplex_efile.alx (*Edit this file using TextPad)
    * Edit using TexPad instructions:
    1) Open dynoplex_efile.alx with TextPad
    2) Scroll down and highlight dynoplex_jsr_211.cod
    3) Delete
    4) Save File
    Now when you install eOffice 4.5, the dynoplex_jsr_211 module will not be installed, and the dynoplex_efile.alx will no longer look for it as a reference

TextPad can be downloaded from the following site:
    TextPad - the text editor for Windows

This should fix the issue with eOffice and your media player.
    These instructions may or may not work for you.
    They are steps I created myself in order to resolve the issue, and they worked for me.
    It seems as though eOffice 4.5 does not cause this issue with OS 4.5; only OS 4.3 & earlier.
    10-18-08 07:54 PM
    Thank You CD. I will follow your advice. I think this post will help others too. It would be a good one for the" how to forum". I know a lot of people don't want eoffice because of the media file controversy it has caused.

10-18-08 08:10 PM
    Hey,

the app you talked about "eoffice", is it for free or how much does it cost?
    And: Could I edit Word/Powerpoint docs with eoffice or only view those docs?

Greetz
    pflaume
    10-19-08 04:38 PM
    eOffice is $29.95
    You can edit, view, and create Word files & Excel files.

The mouse pointer in the software is rather slow to me. I usually disable it within the program and use the scroll feature instead, which is much faster.

I feel as though Docs To Go edges eOffice slightly, but if you do not have the OS 4.5 upgrade installed on your blackberry this will do.

eOffice™, DynoPlex Inc.
    10-19-08 04:52 PM
    Hey,

the app you talked about "eoffice", is it for free or how much does it cost?
    And: Could I edit Word/Powerpoint docs with eoffice or only view those docs?

Greetz
    pflaume
    I can tell you that, you can purchase Eoffice for $29.95 at the Crackberry Store. I am not aware of any software like that you can download for free? The word is that OS 4.5 has Docs to Go included. You should be able to edit Office Documents. However, depending on which OS you are running; I would consider the comments posted above about eoffice. Note: There are other posts on this subject that you may want to read about Eoffice before you buy. After reading other posts about eoffice, I was motivated to open this post.

10-19-08 05:04 PM
    eOffice is $29.95
    You can edit, view, and create Word files & Excel files.

The mouse pointer in the software is rather slow to me. I usually disable it within the program and use the scroll feature instead, which is much faster.

I feel as though Docs To Go edges eOffice slightly, but if you do not have the OS 4.5 upgrade installed on your blackberry this will do.
    I have OS 4.5 installed and Docs2Go.
    I used it only 1 time now, cause I thought i could only view docs.

But I found a article at the WWW which said you could use a emty word-template and edit it, so I don't need to buy Docs2Go Premium.
    I tested that and I think I'll use this in future ^^
    Maybe I'll test the eoffice demo someday ^^
    But as pupil I don't have so much money to buy that expensive software

Anyway, Thanks for your help and the information

Greetz
    pflaume
    10-19-08 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD