I cannot for the life of me get bluetooth tethering working with PdaNet. I have Windows XP on a netbook with a cheap USB Bluetooth dongle and a purchased copy of BlueSoleil. I have a BlackBerry Bold 9000.

It works fine with a USB cable, though through bluetooth it doesn't even connect. I managed somehow to get it working once, though the connection stopped working after loading 2 web pages. The instructions on their website are awful and not specific. It even contradicts itself once where it tells you to enter 123 as the modem number, though near the end it tells you to enter #777. The instructions say Blackberry, though the screenshots are for a Treo.

I redid everything and documented it in detail, just in case I missed something...

Turned off the Blackberry's included dial-up networking service.
    Went to the blackberry's bluetooth options, then hit listen.
    In Bluesoleil, I pressed pair. It prompted for a password, I typed 12345, I then typed 12345 on the phone and pressed enter.
    On the phone, it said "Pairing complete. Connect to scout (My laptop)?" I pressed Yes.
    On the computer, it said that a bluetooth device, my phone, is trying to access something related to audio. I let it time out since I didn't need it.
    Started PDANet on the phone and pressed "Enable Bluetooth".
    On the laptop I right clicked the phone and pressed "Search Services".
    Pressed connect bluetooth dialup networking.
    On the phone I accepted the connection request.
    On the laptop, It gave me a country, carrier and connection type. I answered Canada, Rogers Wireless and Other (The other option was GPRS).
    I left the username and password blank and put 123 in the phone number and pressed finish. Briefly, a window popped up saying "Prepare to dialup" and then it went away. It didn't connect.
    Last edited by BJ0; 06-08-10 at 11:50 PM.
    06-08-10 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD