I tried downloading Pattern lock from AppWorld to my replacement storm and I got a failed to download message. I figured, OK I'll just try again but the download option is gone now. If I go to "My World" on the Appworld menu, the patern lock is at the top saying "starting to download" but never actually does. When I hit the menu button, I don't get an option to delete it like any of the other installed apps. In other words...A short menu.
    So the next step was to remove Appworld completely and re-download it. When I did, I still have Patternlock sitting at the top of the list with a tag "Starting to Download"
    What else can I try?
    I've also tried battery pulls and downloading other stuff, but no effect on the pattern lock.

9530 on Verizon running .148 official
    08-22-09 06:39 PM
    Download patternlock from CB apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 10:30 PM
    This seems to be an on going problem with App World. I have had the same thing happen on my wifes pearl and on my storm. It's a major pain in the ****. The only way I got around it was to install it from CB? Rim needs to fix this issue!
    09-02-09 09:16 AM
    Had the same issue with viigo, I had to download the app outside of appworld but that didn't get rid of the "starting download" issue. I deleted viigo and appworld and reinstalled both with no luck as it seems the bb "remembers" settings when you reinstall an app. I just left it there and it was gone when I updated to .297.

So maybe you need to wipe and reinstall your os to get rid of it if it's that much of a pain, for me, I just ignored it once I dl'd the app directly from viigo.
    09-02-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD