Are there any different ways to unlock my Torch. The one thing I can't stand about it is having to type my password on the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 10:58 AM
    download pattern lock from appworld
    08-24-10 11:00 AM
    Can't figure out how to set the permissions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 11:09 AM
    Go to Options - Device - Application Management

Find the Pattern Lock app, click on it and then select edit permissions.

Do not forget to do a battery pull after changing the permissions.
    08-24-10 11:12 AM
    This app is exactly what I'm looking for when I get my 9810 this Tuesday. However, I downloaded it for my wife's 9800 just now and the app freezes a lot. 3 times in the last 5 times of using it. So I either have to do a battery pull or wait for the backlight to time out and then it works fine.

Anyone else have this freeze on their 9810? The last thing I need is to have to get into my phone asap and then I can't unlock it b/c the lock app is frozen.

***EDIT***
    I think I found the bug. If your press the "Lock Now" icon, then press the upper/left lock button (on your device - you will see a pop up window that says "Screen is locked. Press the Lock button to unlock") but when you press the upper/left unlock button again, it brings you to the pattern lock screen and it's frozen, it FREEZES the app and you have to wait for the backlight to time out for it to reset and work properly. Anyone else try this to see if it happens to them? Again, this is on my wife's 9800 not 9810.

I had to disable the default password lock and then use this app to get it to work. Which is kind of a bummer b/c now holding down the ALT key and then pressing the return key on the physical keyboard doesn't password lock the 9800 any longer.

Is there any way to change the time from 24/hour format to 12 hour?

I also found another paid app that locks your device - but it's not available for the 9810...Ultimate Lock
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 09-04-11 at 11:48 PM.
    09-04-11 11:21 PM
    deUnblock. Best unlocking app I've use to date.
    Nickerz likes this.
    09-05-11 03:39 PM
    deUnblock. Best unlocking app I've use to date.
    This looks good! I'll have to do the trial and see if I like it. Thanks for sharing!

I really like the concept of PatternLock. By the way "A+ Pattern Lock" IS available for the 9810 but "PatternLock" is NOT available yet. Why? Especially since the A+ Pattern Lock doesn't look as good and is buggy.

I sent A+ Pattern Lock a video showing them the bug that freezes their app so I'll let everyone know if they fix it or even respond.

I also sent an email to PatternLock @ [email protected] asking them to make this available for the 9810. I received an auto reply that tells me they most likely won't even read my request to make their app for the 9810, here is their response...

"Please visit our frequently asked questions page on our website for answers to common questions and problems. Please read through the general, purchasing/downloading, and application specific sections thoroughly to see if your question is already answered there. You can access it by visiting the following link: Tafasa :: Support / FAQ

For frequently asked questions and guidelines related to theming PatternLock, please visit: Tafasa :: PatternLock Theming

If your question or problem is not answered in the FAQ, someone will contact you with a response as soon as possible. Please note that you will only be contacted by a support representative if your question is not already answered in the FAQ. If you feel like the FAQ did not help you, and you have not received a response, please send another email indicating that this is your second contact. This is an automated message.

Thank you,
    Tafasa Support"

...so we'll see if someone does end up contacting me since my request isn't covered in the FAQ page.
    09-05-11 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD