I have an excel spreadsheet on my office server containing sensitive information. I would like to attach to sheets to go, but would need to password protect the document. Does anyone know if this feature is available in the basic Documents to Go program?

Thanks All.....
    05-03-09 08:28 PM
    If your Excel spreadsheet is in Excel 2003 format (an .xls file), then Sheets To Go supports password protection. If it is in Excel 2007 format (an .xlsx file), however, then it will not work. Ironically, if you try to open a password-protected 2007 file, you will get the error message, "Sheet To Go does not support password protected files."
    05-03-09 09:17 PM
    Password protected files are only supported by the premium edition of the app according to dataviz. I don't know if it would work with the standard edition since the only time that I've open password protected files was when I had the premium edition installed. But documents to go only supports protected files from office 97-2004 (2004 is mac edition of office).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 09:30 PM
    Thanks everyone for your input. I have several versions of Excel so will try to get this to work.
    05-04-09 06:24 PM
    Maybe try saving it as Excel 2003, if you have 2007.

Would love to find out what, if anything, you figure out for this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 06:33 PM
    Password protected files are only supported by the premium edition of the app according to dataviz.
    Exactly so....

DocID: 14182 - Does Documents To Go for BlackBerry support password-protected files?
    05-05-09 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD