Does anyone have a good solution for a password manager? Ive tried a few. I'd like to have one that has good syncing or online storage capabilities. I've had to wipe several times and had those fatal error where I lost everything. Ive tried to use Evernote but its difficult to change data.
    Ive looked at Asendo Datavault but its expensive. Even a simple note editor that stores txt files on a card might work. THoughts?
    11-13-09 12:33 PM
    you can use bbnotepad if you want to save/review txt files to the card and it's free.

BBNotePad Home
    11-13-09 01:14 PM
    Keepass is what you're looking for. You need Keepass for PC, then go to F5 BlackBerry Utilities for the BB app. It ties into BB desktop manager and syncs with Keepass on your PC.

Both the PC version and the BB app are free..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 06:37 AM
    Where can i download Keepass for Windows. If i load keepass for windows on the pc ( i am currently running Vista ) , i want to use only a password for accessing my passwords and not a key file. Also i want to sync my passwords between windows and blackberry.
    Currently i use the Password keeper that comes with Bold - it does not keep a backup anywhere. So if i were to lose my blackberry or damage it i am scared of losing all my passwords.
    11-14-09 11:10 PM
    Try:

KeePass Password Safe

If I recall you can use either a password or key file. You will have to get the appropriate BB version to match the Windows version.

Then in Desktop Manager, you have to reconfigure the sync application.
    11-14-09 11:56 PM
    Are these password keepers both for windows and Blackberry safe. Can someone break into them if he got hold of my laptop and mobile - let us say an expert on password hacking . It would be disastrous if someone hacked into my password keeper as he would get access to all my accounts.
    11-15-09 07:33 AM
    Are these password keepers both for windows and Blackberry safe. Can someone break into them if he got hold of my laptop and mobile - let us say an expert on password hacking . It would be disastrous if someone hacked into my password keeper as he would get access to all my accounts.
    Well, if someone managed to guess your GLOBAL password, you could be compromised. But password keeper (the BB app) is designed to erase the entire data file if some guesses wrong 10 times. Pick a password that's hard to guess and it would be safe.

I really don't know about the other apps and how they handle this stuff.
    11-15-09 09:01 AM
    Does KeePass just store your passwords or does it fill them in when needed on a website?

I use a product on my desktop called SignupShield that remembers my login name and password so every time I go to the site it automatically signs me in.

If KeePass doesn't do this does anyone know of a program that will do it on a BlackBerry?
    11-18-09 06:22 AM
    Keepass does NOT fill in passwords - it is a vault to store them.
    11-18-09 10:17 AM
    Thank you.
    11-18-09 10:26 AM
    You're welcome.

I was born in Bronx Hospital - many years ago!!!!
    11-18-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD