It's a solid piece of software but the pop-up adds are annoying...
    and it really should support the keys the same way the innate media player does. You have to actually go into the application in order to pause the music instead of pressing the key on the top right. And you have to also go into the app to skip a song, instead of holding the volume button.

Hopefully they change this.

And it doesn't have Caching like Slacker... that's one thing i think they should've put in in some form.
    04-14-09 02:52 PM
    Yeah, Pandora for BB still has a little work to be done. I will continue to use Pandora for the PC, but I'm hooked on Slacker for my BB. Rockin!!!
    04-14-09 03:01 PM
    Same here, it's like i want my pandora channels on my bb, but slacker's just a better app right now.

Plus it seems like it restarts songs if a message comes in while listening to a song.
    04-14-09 03:06 PM
    pandora is so much better I believe...slacker was decent but when i got a text music cut off and would restart very frustrating, but with pandora it stops but then picks right back up so pandora for me all the way
    04-14-09 03:15 PM
    Pandora's song selection is so much better than Slacker's but Pandora has inferior audio quality compared to Slacker. Slacker's cached function is also another plus, but Pandora seems to buffer stations faster. I'll keep both for now.
    04-14-09 05:15 PM
    Pandora's song selection is so much better than Slacker's but Pandora has inferior audio quality compared to Slacker. Slacker's cached function is also another plus, but Pandora seems to buffer stations faster. I'll keep both for now.
    I dis-agree I was really impressed with the audio output of the Pandora APP. I agree that Pandora has a better song selection
    04-14-09 10:03 PM
    Pandora on the Blackberry has much worse sound quality than the iphone version. It's better than nothing, but not as good as it could/should be.
    04-14-09 11:07 PM
    I use pandora more now; its song selection and quick mix are both much better than slacker in my opinion. I keep slacker for caching when I have no data connection on my interstate drives or snowboarding.
    04-15-09 12:29 AM
    Pandora does have a better song selection than slacker, the sound quality is better than slacker to me but the look of pandora on the blackberry is not as good as the look they have for the iphone
    04-15-09 12:38 AM
    It's a solid piece of software but the pop-up adds are annoying...
    and it really should support the keys the same way the innate media player does. You have to actually go into the application in order to pause the music instead of pressing the key on the top right. And you have to also go into the app to skip a song, instead of holding the volume button.

Hopefully they change this.

And it doesn't have Caching like Slacker... that's one thing i think they should've put in in some form.
    Oh, boo frickin' whoooooo! My free music has advertisements on it! Have you ever used Pandora on the pc? It has ads too. Have you ever changed songs on the volume controls of your pc? No, you click the application. So what if you have to open it to change things, it's FREE MUSIC! Not to mention it DOESN'T BUFFER like iheart and has a database 10 TIMES the size of Slacker. The Music Genome Project has been compiling for many years now and is more perfected with every click of the thumbs down or up icons. Not to mention, Slacker has COMMERCIALS. Quit yer' whining and just listen to some tunes. Jebus.
    Last edited by musikmaker19; 04-15-09 at 07:29 AM.
    04-15-09 07:26 AM
    P.s., battery life is hands down the best of any music app on the storm. Iheart drains just like a phone call. Slacker drains due to caching option. Been running Pandora ALL DAY for the last 2 days on top of normal Storm actions (phone calls, web, sms & mms) and I still have at least 40 to 60% at the end of the day.
    04-15-09 07:28 AM
    P.s., battery life is hands down the best of any music app on the storm. Iheart drains just like a phone call. Slacker drains due to caching option. Been running Pandora ALL DAY for the last 2 days on top of normal Storm actions (phone calls, web, sms & mms) and I still have at least 40 to 60% at the end of the day.
    Good info! I didn't check the battery drain on it. I might have to reconsider.
    04-15-09 08:00 AM
    why am i having problems with installing pandora. I go to the site and enter my contact number i get the text to install it and it just take me to a blank pandora page.. Then why in the world is it on the blackberry app world but does not have the download option.
    04-15-09 08:05 AM
    Pandora does have a better song selection than slacker, the sound quality is better than slacker to me but the look of pandora on the blackberry is not as good as the look they have for the iphone
    I struggle to understand how anyone is saying Pandora sounds better than Slacker. In another thread we discussed this at length:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/pa...ml#post2280528

Slacker is in stereo and Pandora uses a mono encoding algorithm.
    04-15-09 08:58 AM
    I struggle to understand how anyone is saying Pandora sounds better than Slacker. In another thread we discussed this at length:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/pa...ml#post2280528

Slacker is in stereo and Pandora uses a mono encoding algorithm.
    It will be okay...
    04-15-09 09:14 AM
    I don't know, but the sound output for pandora seems to be better than slacker on headphones and aux output in the car!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD