so ive noticed that pandora drains my battery way faster than slacker does... has anyone else seen the difference or am i imagining things
    03-30-09 02:30 PM
    Havn't noticed it. I'm on .199.
    03-30-09 02:31 PM
    Haven't noticed, but, for me, Pandora streams smoother (on EDGE) than Slacker. And, that includes me having a paid subscription to Slacker ....
    03-30-09 02:55 PM
    yeah im on .199 too thats why i was so suprised normally i only have to charge every other day.
    03-30-09 03:50 PM
    i really like(liked) both at first but i have been having issues with both lately
    03-30-09 04:57 PM
    I've used both a lot lately.
    Pandora has been working great and gets to the next song in about 3-5 seconds.

Slacker on the other hand, takes about 5 minutes to load and about a minute to get to the next song.

I prefer Pandora now.
    + More song choices.
    03-30-09 05:32 PM
    and neither of these programs work if you dont have data plan? only wifi..=/
    03-30-09 06:33 PM
    Count one more for pandora....slacker was wayyyyyyy to slow. Like how u can just pick a band on pandora. Still trying to figure out if u can make a station with multiple bands though please chime in if any one knows

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 06:38 PM
    i tried both. deleted pandora. it would freeze up more for me, and plus it would only play bands and artists not general music genres
    (maybe it doesnt, i dunno, i gave it 15minutes before i deleted it )
    03-30-09 06:41 PM
    I like Slacker a lot better. Probably because I'm never looking to listen to a certain artist over and over again. I like to mix it up.

03-30-09 06:45 PM
    Back on topic. I have noticed a decrease in battery consumption using it but I do like it better. Car charger FTW
    03-30-09 07:09 PM
    Is Comedy & News available on Pandora like Slacker?
    03-30-09 07:53 PM
    Like both for different reasons.

Try using the Slacker cache feature. Works well with no radio usage and you can define custom channels with no subscription, within limits.
    03-30-09 07:57 PM
    I like pandora loads faster bit I like the genre options of the slacker...but sometimes it takes forever to load
    03-30-09 08:11 PM
    Both apps seem to drain my patience. Slacker was a bit better but neither made the cut.

03-30-09 09:37 PM
    Both apps seem to drain my patience. Slacker was a bit better but neither made the cut.

So ...

You now listen to ... what?

FlyCast is good. What else?
    03-30-09 09:51 PM
    Slacker for the caching of stations! Plus it now supports bluetooth. I wouldn't use either if I had to wait for it to stream and buffer...no patience for that nonsense!

03-30-09 10:17 PM
    Slacker for the caching of stations! Plus it now supports bluetooth. I wouldn't use either if I had to wait for it to stream and buffer...no patience for that nonsense!

So, my question is ... again ...

What would you use?

Nothing?
    03-30-09 10:19 PM
    Quick question... slightly off topic. I have tried both slacker and pandora. Slacker works well while on wifi but when on edge all it does is load and nothing else ever happens. When I installed pandora all I ever got was the initial "pandora" screen then it errors out no matter if i'm on wifi or edge. Any ideas?
    03-30-09 10:23 PM
    So, my question is ... again ...

What would you use?

Nothing?
    I use Slacker for the reasons I gave. I recommend it over Pandora.

03-30-09 10:28 PM
    I use Slacker for the reasons I gave. I recommend it over Pandora.

Point missed.

I'll let it go.
    03-30-09 10:32 PM
    Point missed.

I'll let it go.
    Sorry, I thought you were the OP and you were wanting comparisons between the two. I would probably use nothing. I have plenty of music loaded on my sd card.

03-30-09 10:53 PM
    Sorry, I thought you were the OP and you were wanting comparisons between the two. I would probably use nothing. I have plenty of music loaded on my sd card.

Got it.

I really wanted to know. Hadn't thought about the card (duh).

Thanks, Yorkshire.
    03-30-09 10:57 PM
    Well, at least you get a battery drain. I upgraded my OS so I could load Pandora onto my phone. I can't get it or Slacker.
    03-30-09 11:08 PM
    Yeah, and you know what? The OP wasn't even asking for comparisons on which is better...it was about observations on battery life. Oh dear, bed time for me..

03-30-09 11:10 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD