I upgraded to the new 5.0 OS and I love it. Have no problems with it except for Pandora. When you want to control volume up and press the up button it switches to the next song. To get the down volume is so hard I feel like I am going to break my buttons on the storm 1. Does anyone have any problems like this. I deleted it and downloaded it again. Still same problem and I did a quickpull reset still the same problem.
    11-19-09 08:59 AM
    Does your media player do the same thing? If so it is just a setting on your phone issue. Try options>screen keyboard>keyrate medium slow or slow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 09:16 AM
    Your right it has nothing to do with Pandora. Either the OS messed my volume control up or my phone is busted. I tried the different key rate options. When I try it on ringtones and press volume up it keeps skipping to the next rightone. Very strange, I never had this problem before upgrading to the 5.0 OS. I have two days left on my warranty.

Thanks.
    11-19-09 09:37 AM
    I am wrong that isn't it. I had the same problem and the fix was along those lines . Sorry did you try doing a search I swear that the answer is in here.

11-19-09 10:18 AM
    It's supposed to skip to the next song if you hold the up volume button down.
    11-19-09 08:12 PM
    Thanks for all your support. I do know that the up volume key is suppossed to skip songs when pressed and held down for a sec. My problem is just lightly pressing the up volume which I always used to do is not bringing up the volume control. The down button is a little easier to bring up. So now I hold down the down control button bring up the volume control and quickly gently hit the up control to make it slightly louder. One thing I have also noticed as Pandora is playing, I believe it gets louder on its own. Has anyone else noticed this.
    11-20-09 08:27 AM
    I can confirm this issue as well, BOLD .314 here, didn't appear until pandora 1.1.2 and still exists in 1.1.2.1, it's not a keyrate issue, it's inconsistent too. 1 out of 10 times I press volume buttons the volume will change, other times it skips songs

11-24-09 07:31 AM
    Well if it's happening on another device line then it sure sounds like a Pandora issue.

EDIT: Or an issue with 5.0 & Pandora
    11-24-09 08:04 AM
    I've got a Storm w/ 5.0 and the lastest Pandora. Having same problem...

Workaround...

Use the down button so that you won't forward to the next song...

Click the down volume button until the speaker volume display appears on your screen. As long as the display appears your volume buttons will work. It will remain on the screen as long as you're adjusting the volume.

Don't hessitate too long though because it doesn't remain on the screen long if it's inactive.
    12-06-09 03:18 PM
    If you have a problem with this lower your key rate in Screen/Keyboard options.

Pandora is controlled the same as the native media Player now in 5.0 OS....this it actually really cool. You can skip songs by hardkey control..if you have a handsfree headset the call button will pause/play Pandora for you...if you have BT media controls you can use them to pause/play/skip/change volume....

The only issue I have been having is occasionally a song will play all garbled and like a scratched CD or something....also occasionally a station just hangs but that has always happened ....
    12-07-09 04:54 PM
    Speaking of volume control... It seems like I remember reading about this issue somewhere, but I can't find it now.

When listening to Pandora with headphones, the volume resets at each song. If I turn the volume down past the mid-point, it suddenly gets louder. Then I repeat the whole process.

I sometimes use a bluetooth headset (S9) and I suspect that there is some kind of conflict between bluetooth and phone's volume controls because sometimes I can only turn the volume up so far with bluetooth controls before it max out (beeps twice), yet I can adjust the volume with the phone's buttons with no problem.

I guess I just present two issues, but maybe their related in some way? Any experts out there who have solved this little annoying glitch?

EDIT: I think I fixed it. I had bass boost on and audio boost off. Turning off the equalizer and turning on audio boost seems to have made things normal. Doesn't seem like it should have mattered, but I know the media player is not a logical thing.
    Last edited by twester65; 12-20-09 at 09:09 PM.
    12-20-09 08:52 PM
    I've got a Storm w/ 5.0 and the lastest Pandora. Having same problem...

Workaround...

Use the down button so that you won't forward to the next song...

Click the down volume button until the speaker volume display appears on your screen. As long as the display appears your volume buttons will work. It will remain on the screen as long as you're adjusting the volume.

Don't hessitate too long though because it doesn't remain on the screen long if it's inactive.
    I ran into this same problem and using this trick worked great.
    08-20-10 10:54 AM
    Thanks neilpie! Thats a nice solution to a crummy problem. Wish Pandora would do away with that feature.
    09-01-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD