04-27-10 08:14 PM
87 1234
tools
    You have my exact setup, even connected to UMA and it worked for me at first try.

Just by curiosity, turned off wi-fi and do the whole reset cycle again just trying it over EDGE at first try as this is the only thing I did different than you, buty after that I was with UMA at home all night without issues.
    Not working for me! I tried downloading and installing a couple of times to my 8900 (on T-Mobile, OS .199).

I start it up and see what I'm assuming is the startup screen -- but then it doesn't go any farther.

I have a great UMA signal here -- I also went into Application Permissions and "allowed" Internet, etc for the app (rather than "ask"). Still nothing.

I just did a battery pull and will see what happens. Frustrating! I love Pandora on the pc, and would love it on the 8900...

OK...back from the battery pull, and this time I'm past the logo. A couple of "tunnel failed" errors, then the log in screen popped up -- I filled in account info, and watched the little circular animation for a while before giving up.

I shut it down -- tried to restart -- and I'm stuck on the startup logo screen again!

Any ideas???
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 06:28 AM
    Bluetooth so I can wear my headphones. Not so that I can plug in an adapter. Slacker has the optiom to turn on bluetooth and be able to listen through your bluetooth headset

03-26-09 08:29 AM
    @erasat, et al -

Tried it again this morning - this time in the car on the way to work, having only an EDGE signal (no WiFi/UMA). This time I got to the login screen, successfully logged into the account I've been using on the PC with Pandora, and it started working.

Pandora paused the music 3 times over the course of about half an hour, without me touching the device. Each time, I clicked the right arrow ("play" button) and the song resumed. For whatever reason, there have been no more occurrences of that in the last 45 minutes of use.

So erasat might be right: perhaps the original start up / login has to happen over EDGE? Not sure why that would make a difference. What's interesting is that now, in my office where I have a UMA connection, Pandora seems to work -- but the UMA connection here is flakey (as I've reported in other posts). At home, at Panera, BestBuy, my local library, etc UMA is rock solid -- at my office, the connection fluctuates between UMA and EDGE -- I was hoping .199 would fix that, but it hasn't. Could be something unusual about our WiFi config here, but it's not worth me taking the time of my network admin to track it down right now.

I'll be curious to see if Pandora works at home tonight on UMA, now that I've handled the authentication part over EDGE.

BTW: I can see this becoming yet another addictive use of my BB -- anyone have a sense of the way Pandora uses battery? What's the impact on a full charge?
    03-26-09 09:52 AM
    Works fine for me with minimal lag. Thanks for the OTA link! I think I like this better than Slacker and Flycast

03-26-09 10:19 AM
    One of the top apps for the 8900. I like Slacker's band bios though. So much potential for both apps.
    03-26-09 10:26 AM
    Not working for me. After entering the username and password I get a black screen with a white, spinning "signing in" logo that doesnt go away. (I have left it for 15+ minutes)

Using a unlocked Rogers 8900 with 4.6.1.174.
    Pandora 1.01.
    APN is set to wap.voicestream.com
    Firewall is set to allow
    connected to a wifi network that works for browsing
    03-26-09 11:10 AM
    ran it during half of my workday yesterday and it worked great. longer pauses between songs compared to slacker but the pandora playlist i find much better.
    03-26-09 11:15 AM
    i did notice my phone running slower, then realized pandora was running in the background. clicking "close" isn't enough, you have to choose "shut down pandora" to prevent it running in the background and slowing your phone down.
    03-26-09 12:08 PM
    I downloaded Pandora, now it's stating the "Data Usage Warning," I have the 24.99 plan, so does that cover it? I dont' want to go over my plan. And would it simply work on WIFI??
    03-26-09 03:11 PM
    I'm sure that's just a general message the app tells to everyone in case they do not have an unlimited data plan.
    03-26-09 03:18 PM
    Been trying it out. Not that it is not a cool app but so far not too pleased. I have yet to listen to a tune that has made it all the way through without pausing. I will keep on truckin' though.
    03-26-09 03:49 PM
    n/m no work in canada!
    03-26-09 03:53 PM
    It works great on my 8900
    03-26-09 04:56 PM
    I am having same problem as others-tunnel errors and not able to complete sign up or login runs for long period with nothing progressing.
    03-26-09 08:02 PM
    Oh well. Pandora worked on EDGE while I was driving in to work this morning. It worked on the WiFi/UMA connection I had in my office. Now that I'm back home, it will NOT work with my home UMA connection. It sits on the Pandora logo spash screen for a while, then after 5 mins a popup appears saying "Unexpected network error occurred: null while Signing in"

Then...after I cleared the error msg, the sign in screen appeared, prompting me for user name and password. I entered this, and I'm now I'm watching the spinning "signing in" msg...

"Signing in" spinner has been going for about 6 or 7 minutes now. Clearly not going to work with my home UMA setup. Pity...wish I knew what was different between the WiFi setup here and at work, especially since I can do everything else over UMA at home (web, email, IM, phone, youtube, etc).

STOP THE PRESSES!!! I backed out of the "signing in" screen after 10 mins. Checked the BB's app switcher and verified that Pandora was off, and then clicked the icon again. As expected, it sat as the Pandora spash screen for several minutes...and then out of nowhere it started -- playing the last custom "station" I was on several hours ago at the office.

Now I don't know WHAT to think. It's slow to start up at home with UMA, but it eventually works. I'm also finding that on my home UMA connection it's VERY slow between songs. I just hit the "skip" button, and it took about a minute before anything happened. Current behavior is WEIRD: I just watched it skip through 3 different songs, and now it sounds like 3 of them are all playing at once. I can hear "The Fray", "Kelly Clarkson" and "Katherine McPhee" all at once (NOT a pleasant mix!).

Seems to me that this still needs some work, although the potential is great once they get it working...
    Last edited by vinmontRD; 03-26-09 at 09:50 PM. Reason: it suddenly started working!
    03-26-09 09:40 PM
    Bluetooth so I can wear my headphones. Not so that I can plug in an adapter. Slacker has the optiom to turn on bluetooth and be able to listen through your bluetooth headset

I used my Moto S9 bluetooth headset with Pandora. There is not an option, but if you connect your headset prior to starting the app, it should work. I did not try the AV controls yet.
    03-26-09 09:50 PM
    thanks! works good.
    03-26-09 10:09 PM
    it works GREAT at the wifi connection at my house but cant get it to work over edge when i leave my house... why does that happen? can anyone help? thanks in advance guys...
    03-26-09 10:49 PM
    I just installed Pandora on my 8900 (.168)

Worked flawlessly over UMA, so I turned off Wifi and tried just edge. Seemed to work flawlessly, so I skipped songs to see what would happen. Seemed to work okay, but kinda paused here and there.

Either way, I love having Pandora on my phone!
    03-27-09 03:53 PM
    Sweet jesus Pandora on BB! I soaked myself!
    03-27-09 09:01 PM
    I really like the pandora but i have been having issues today..

At first everything worked great...then for the past few days it would pause in the middle of a song so much that i would give up and turn it off.

Then today i cancelled my hot spot because i have the tmo loyalty plan now and dont need to pay the extra 9.99 so i turned off the wifi and tried to turn on pandora and got an error...did a battery pull and was asked to sign in to pandora so i did and the signing in thing just kept going and going and going and going.....20 mins

so i gave up and closed it down.
    03-28-09 07:38 PM
    Pandora did not work well for me @ all. I had major buffering issues and lags. I deleted it after a few hours of tinkering.

03-28-09 09:17 PM
    it worked perfectly for me
    03-28-09 10:41 PM
    am going to give it a try tomorrow when i switch back to my 8900 i like iheart radio alot is pandora better???
    03-29-09 01:26 AM
    I like Pandora a lot on the PC, and for the short time I've been able to get it working on my 8900 it seems promising. But it's not a solid enough experience yet on my device to make it worth using on a regular basis.
    03-29-09 09:07 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD