Is your BlackBerry browser identification set to "BlackBerry", or is it cloning Firefox or IE? (You can determine this by opening your BB browser, hitting the BB button, then selecting "Options" -> "Browser Configuration" -> "Browser Identification". For most OTA downloads, it'll need to be set to "BlackBerry".)
    Yep, that was the issue..sorry i was unable to come back and say it was resolved. I was set to firefox...its very nice to have a working pandora app, but i gotta agree with the above poster. Its pretty slow for me, but im still happy. Gonna test it on wifi later tonight
    03-25-09 07:23 PM
    we need a pandora update that allows bluetooth
    03-25-09 07:27 PM
    I am so absolutely thrilled about this! When they first came out with the blackberry version but without T Mobile I was pretty upset! I listen to Pandora all day long in my office. It's amazing... I am headed to Hawaii this next week and I am hoping I can tune in and listen while at the pool. Thanks for listening Pandora!!
    03-25-09 08:01 PM
    Anyone else having real slow load times?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 08:04 PM
    Um....Not so much.
    Very slow. Even over a wifi connection.
    And the pop up ads are annoying.

I prefer Slacker.

So far, a lot faster than Slacker, since the startup, starting the Song, and changing songs, and before I forget, tons of more songs choices than slacker, and this is all coming from a guy that loves Slacker...

Yes, ads can be little annoying, not that much for me
    03-25-09 08:11 PM
    we need a pandora update that allows bluetooth
    Pandora is blasting the walls of my apartment through a Bluetooth Stereo Gateway now. Bluetooth works great on the Blackbery stereo gateway and the Motorokrs. Bluetooth support is blaring in my ears.

Last edited by lazerus; 03-25-09 at 08:33 PM.
    03-25-09 08:30 PM
    Not working for me! I tried downloading and installing a couple of times to my 8900 (on T-Mobile, OS .199).

I start it up and see what I'm assuming is the startup screen -- but then it doesn't go any farther.

I have a great UMA signal here -- I also went into Application Permissions and "allowed" Internet, etc for the app (rather than "ask"). Still nothing.

I just did a battery pull and will see what happens. Frustrating! I love Pandora on the pc, and would love it on the 8900...

OK...back from the battery pull, and this time I'm past the logo. A couple of "tunnel failed" errors, then the log in screen popped up -- I filled in account info, and watched the little circular animation for a while before giving up.

I shut it down -- tried to restart -- and I'm stuck on the startup logo screen again!

Any ideas???
    03-25-09 08:46 PM
    Same for me (8900 ATT) it starts up now with this new update which it didn't do before. On startup a few tunnel errors, trying to sign in it just says signing in forever. App permissions all set to allow, and yes my apn is set correctly :P. Hopefully next version works for me that is.

03-25-09 08:54 PM
    Not working for me! I tried downloading and installing a couple of times to my 8900 (on T-Mobile, OS .199).

I start it up and see what I'm assuming is the startup screen -- but then it doesn't go any farther.

I have a great UMA signal here -- I also went into Application Permissions and "allowed" Internet, etc for the app (rather than "ask"). Still nothing.

I just did a battery pull and will see what happens. Frustrating! I love Pandora on the pc, and would love it on the 8900...

OK...back from the battery pull, and this time I'm past the logo. A couple of "tunnel failed" errors, then the log in screen popped up -- I filled in account info, and watched the little circular animation for a while before giving up.

I shut it down -- tried to restart -- and I'm stuck on the startup logo screen again!

Any ideas???
    Check your TCP/IP settings. Set the APN to wap.voicestream.com
    No user name or password.

Evo, your APN should say wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1
    03-25-09 08:57 PM
    Sweet thanks for the heads up, works great
    03-25-09 09:05 PM

Any ideas???
    I had to disable Firewall before it worked.

03-25-09 09:08 PM
    Works great. Thanks for the info!

03-25-09 09:13 PM
    Thanks guys...still no go. Change APN from epc.tmobile.com to the old wap.voicestream.com and it made no difference. Changed it back to epc.tmobile.com - still doesn't work. Tried a battery pull - still no joy.

Re: Firewall - I checked, and it already WAS disabled. Not the issue for me.

So frustrating! Youtube works just fine with this OS, especially over UMA. Why no joy with Pandora???
    03-25-09 09:25 PM
    DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS APP

It works on my 8900, sort of. When i skip to the next track it freezes half of the time and i have to restart my phone. Other times when i skip a track it takes 1 to 2 minutes. This is over wifi not edge. It should be flawless. When i get on Pandora with my ipod touch, it works without any lag. If the curve has 802.11b/g wifi like the ipod touch and i'm using the same connection (my wireless network in my apt) Why does the curve barely work?
    03-25-09 10:04 PM
    Technically, I don't think this app is meant for the 8900 yet. I think the update gave us the ability to download it and run it. But tmobile is still technically not supported

03-25-09 10:27 PM
    Works flawlessly and without lag, freezing, rebooting, etc. for me on wifi. I would assume different phones are going to experience different results due to phone settings, memory available, apps/themes installed, OS, etc. Don't just assume that the app. is a POS.

03-25-09 11:29 PM
    Oh man! I loved Pandora on my iPod touch... This is awesome!!!
    03-25-09 11:44 PM
    Love pandora and I'm so glad this works. Puts crappy slacker to shame!

03-25-09 11:45 PM
    Takes like 20 years to switch songs. Sometimes they switch to a different author and sometimes the songs pause for no reason.

03-25-09 11:48 PM
    I am glad to give this a try. Just used the link to dl. Going to play with it but for some reason I never keep these kind of apps on my phone long. Hopefully pandora is better

03-25-09 11:53 PM
    Works flawlessly and without lag, freezing, rebooting, etc. for me on wifi. I would assume different phones are going to experience different results due to phone settings, memory available, apps/themes installed, OS, etc. Don't just assume that the app. is a POS.

I'm not trying to sound condescending, but in that case forgive me if i expect my 8900 to work as advertised. I have plenty of memory and the stock OS installed. Program works flawless on ipod touch over the same wifi connection. No reason this should be any different.

I don't believe it's the phone, OS, or any of the things you listed.
    03-26-09 12:04 AM
    Mine froze up a couple times as well and randomly paused one song without me touching the trackball
    03-26-09 12:28 AM
    So far I'm pleased with it but I just installed it so I haven't had much time with it. One thing I've noticed tho, the side volume buttons only work when I'm in Pandora.

03-26-09 01:21 AM
    Mine froze up a couple times as well and randomly paused one song without me touching the trackball
    I'm having the same problem. Hope this gets fixed soon. Seems like pandora has a larger song library then slacker.
    03-26-09 02:47 AM
    Cool! I used Pandora on my laptop years ago but kind of forgot about it until now. Works great on my 8900!!!
    03-26-09 04:54 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD