One knock I have on Pandora is the general lack of pre-made stations. Slacker radio's default stations are actual radio formats. Top 40, Adult Contemporary, Hip-hop and R&B hits, etc. These formats generally play songs that span across multiple genres. Pandora, on the other hand, uses very specific genres for their defaults. So, if I want top 40 music, I have to settle for Pop instead, and the two are not synonymous. Slightly frustrating. But, once again, the sound quality is way better than Slacker, as is speed.
    04-13-09 08:18 PM
    Nice. I like the speed and functionality. Gotta test it for a couple days before I dump slacker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 08:20 PM
    Why am I not getting a download button anywhere?
    04-13-09 08:25 PM
    Slacker screwed up my berry too much. I've been playing with Pandora and it is way better.

04-13-09 08:27 PM
    I am loving Pandora so far and I'm so happy the mobile version works in Canada!
    04-13-09 08:39 PM
    But, once again, the sound quality is way better than Slacker, as is speed.
    What could I be doing wrong here? I get much less high end clarity using Pandora than I do with Slacker. There are no settings to tweak for stream quality right? I am listening to some Chili Pepers on medium volume and it's distorting as well. I am not audiophile by any means but I know the difference in sound between a CD and a worn cassette tape and that's exactly what I am talking about here between Slacker and Pandora.
    Last edited by Quanius; 04-13-09 at 09:01 PM.
    04-13-09 08:48 PM
    What could I be doing wrong here? I get much less high end clarity using Pandora than I do with Slacker. There are no settings to tweak for stream quality right?
    Might be your connection. If your connection is weak, the bandwidth might be low and you should hear a difference in quality. And, if that's not the case, you might just be the anomaly. That's the one bad thing about these forums. Just because one person claims to have amazing results with an app, doesn't make it so. Same thing with these beta OS's...some report great battery life with one and someone else will report awful battery life with the same OS. Nobody is necessarily right or wrong. Sometimes people just have different results with the same exact software.

If anything, just delete and reinstall.
    04-13-09 09:00 PM
    Sweet! This just made my day. I much prefer Pandora over Slacker.
    04-13-09 09:03 PM
    Pandora is awesome! Quality is great, and no breaks. Even better, after just over an hour of listening, it only drained about 3% battery.
    04-13-09 09:04 PM
    been jammin to it now for an hour or so.. my favorite app thus far.

great program for when im on the motorcycle.
    04-13-09 09:06 PM
    ok one big beef i have found...

the song restarts when you get a message/email/alert. its starting to **** me off.
    04-13-09 09:25 PM
    Just downloaded it. It's very smexy. Only issue is the same thing that ppl have been saying. When you get an alert, the song starts over.
    04-13-09 09:29 PM
    LOL, I just received this email today

Thanks for writing in, kklier.

We're always open to different channels of offering Pandora to our listeners. We don't offer support for the Storm at the moment, but we're definitely aware of the demand from Pandora listeners. Though I can't give (or guarantee) you a particular date, offering Pandora on The Storm is something that we're thinking about and exploring the possibilities for....

Thanks for your support!
    04-13-09 09:39 PM
    This is great.

04-13-09 09:42 PM
    My wife is loving Pandora on her Storm. :>
    04-13-09 10:08 PM
    Just downloaded it. It's very smexy. Only issue is the same thing that ppl have been saying. When you get an alert, the song starts over.
    I just loaded it myself. It is VERY SMEXY
    04-13-09 11:31 PM
    great program for when im on the motorcycle.
    Unless I'm missing something, you can't cache like you can with Slacker. So, when I'm riding my motorcycle I don't want stations rebuffering when hitting dead zones or low signal areas. This is where Slacker still has the edge so far for me. Next question, what are you using to listen to streaming music and are you a helmet wearer? In PA, helmets are optional but I wear one anyway. I have never found a good headset that fits comfortably in my ears under my helmet so just curious. Slightly off topic so if you want to PM me, thats fine too.
    04-13-09 11:41 PM
    Got an email mid-song, didn't start over.
    04-14-09 12:23 AM
    For those of you on ATT are you having any issues getting it to connect? When I load the app it goes to edge for some reason? Not sure what the **** is going on but the same thing would happen with FML. Any advice would be great.
    04-14-09 01:17 AM
    Lovin this app, kinda sad though since I used to rely on Slacker so much and now it looks like I may be ditching that.
    04-14-09 01:39 AM
    This is what I keep getting when trying to access Pandora.

Hope someone has some insight. I can give you any info if you think of something I may need to reset. I checked my permissions and it has allow so Im not sure if I need to change that. I have EDGE prior to accessing and once I access the app it goes to edge.
    04-14-09 02:00 AM
    does it work for canada?
    04-14-09 02:20 AM
    Of course this comes out on the day that I introduce my gf to Slacker Radio.

Pros: Songs change faster than when I listen to Slacker
    Cons: I have to know what i want to listen to, no genre preset stations like with slacker.
    04-14-09 02:42 AM
    Gonna have to try this. I have Slacker and kinda like it so far. If this is better that would be amazing.
    04-14-09 04:01 AM
    Lovin this app, kinda sad though since I used to rely on Slacker so much and now it looks like I may be ditching that.
    I think Slacker and Pandora compliments each other - since both are free, why is anyone choosing just one or the other? I find Pandora to be faster on the load than Slacker, and what seems to be better quality sound plus the "quickmix" is nice. However, I find that it's great to have the 'cached' selection on Slacker, saves on battery plus you can still listen to songs when on a plane and elsewhere where you can't get a solid signal. Both have a place on my Storm
    04-14-09 06:12 AM
342 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD