My only thing about Pandora now, is that you are limited to 40 Hours a month. I used to listen to it all the time on my computer, and now it's on my phone, and it counts for both.
    07-16-09 02:00 PM
    The only reason i am keeping slacker is that i can cache a bunch of stations, don't think its possible with pandora yet
    07-16-09 02:33 PM
    Marc - is 1.1 specifically for .151 - or are are other goodies in there?
    07-17-09 06:51 PM
    My only thing about Pandora now, is that you are limited to 40 Hours a month. I used to listen to it all the time on my computer, and now it's on my phone, and it counts for both.
    wwwhatttt??????
    07-17-09 09:40 PM
    wwwhatttt??????
    Yup...take a look here. FAQ

This sucks. I listen to Pandora at the gym and that will quickly suck up my 40 hours every month.

I guess I will have to listen to Slacker on my computer so I don't chew up my hours...
    07-19-09 09:14 AM
    $36/year. 1 less trip to Starbucks every 2 months gets you all the higher quality music you want.

There are options to pay less - or, just use Slacker after you burn your 40 hours. I would think if you exceed the 40 hours, that the $3/month is probably worth it.
    07-19-09 08:44 PM
    $36/year. 1 less trip to Starbucks every 2 months gets you all the higher quality music you want.

There are options to pay less - or, just use Slacker after you burn your 40 hours. I would think if you exceed the 40 hours, that the $3/month is probably worth it.
    I don't think it is.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:54 AM
    Pandora is by far my most used app, the only issue with the free version is you can only skip 6 songs in one hour on one station. Either way it's worth it, the free version works perfectly for me!
    07-20-09 11:12 AM
    Pandora is by far my most used app, the only issue with the free version is you can only skip 6 songs in one hour on one station. Either way it's worth it, the free version works perfectly for me!
    easy work-around is to just create another station with an extremely similar band/song. for instance i listen to "slightly stoopid" all the time. if i run out of skips i just switch to my "sublime" station or another similar station. no biggie.
    07-20-09 01:18 PM
    I love Pandora for Blackberry, and yes, unfortunately, the .151 radio doesn't play nice with it. I read on one of the forums that a Pandora programer indicated that the .164 build will correct the problem...so great for Pandora and great for us if we are getting a .164 OS. Until then, I will listen till it glitches, then switch over to Slacker with cached stations on my memory card. I hate to do a reset several times a day unless its really necessary.I use both services a great deal. I do wish that you could get an upgrade to get unlimited skips on Pandora too.
    07-20-09 01:26 PM
    i swapped out the 151 radio file for the 132 radio file and i don't get any of those errors. easy to do.
    07-20-09 01:37 PM
    FYI: Pandora 1.1.1 was recently released. So far it plays well with .151 and will even pause and continue the song that's playing when you get an alert instead of starting the song over from the beginning.
    07-30-09 07:50 PM
    Sorry, but I upgraded to .151 and Pandora 1.1.1 and I'm still getting these:

Originally Posted by AMGala View Post
    I just upgraded to .151 yesterday and installed Pandora 1.1.0. Upon loading Pandora I get the following errors:

"Unexpected network error occurred: Failed to open UDP socket while checking licensing"

followed by:

"Unexpected network error occurred: Failed to open UDP socket while signing in"

and then it brings me to a screen that has the options "I have a Pandora account" and "I am new to Pandora". When I try to log in I get a similar error.
    07-31-09 12:11 PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to use a Jabra BT8040 bluetooth earpiece with Pandora. It works great until a selection ends, then when Pandora starts the next tune, it disconnects from my Jabra. I have to press the ear piece button to restart the connection each time. Is there some setting that I can use to make it stay connected to my Jabra?

Thanks in advance.
    08-01-09 09:14 PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to use a Jabra BT8040 bluetooth earpiece with Pandora. It works great until a selection ends, then when Pandora starts the next tune, it disconnects from my Jabra. I have to press the ear piece button to restart the connection each time. Is there some setting that I can use to make it stay connected to my Jabra?

Thanks in advance.

Yes press the blackberry button and go to the options. Then enable bluetooth. Hope it helps.
    08-02-09 08:30 AM
    Yes press the blackberry button and go to the options. Then enable bluetooth. Hope it helps.
    Thanks a lot. That did the trick! It was really embarrasing and funny the first time I used my new Jabra at work. The first tune finished thru the bluetooth and then the next one started, blasting thru the handset
    08-02-09 09:06 AM
    Sorry, but I upgraded to .151 and Pandora 1.1.1 and I'm still getting these:

Originally Posted by AMGala View Post
    I just upgraded to .151 yesterday and installed Pandora 1.1.0. Upon loading Pandora I get the following errors:

"Unexpected network error occurred: Failed to open UDP socket while checking licensing"

followed by:

"Unexpected network error occurred: Failed to open UDP socket while signing in"

and then it brings me to a screen that has the options "I have a Pandora account" and "I am new to Pandora". When I try to log in I get a similar error.
    This is a .151 OS issue that affects apps that use an constant HTTP connect. Fix supposedly addressed in new .164 OS (not released/leaked yet). Hoping it does...crossing my fingers!!!
    08-13-09 08:31 PM
342 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD