It sounds like you might be running in compatibility mode. Make sure you're running the latest version (1.0.2) and check your application settings (Options -> Advanced -> Applications -> Pandora). If compatibility mode is turned on for Pandora, turn it off.
    THANK YOU!!
    04-15-09 05:08 PM
    Marc and Vic,

first off, i love the pandora app. and the concept of genomes. one question though,

When you did listening tests to compare side-by-side mono vs stereo encoding, did you look at the stereo content of the songs you were examining, or was it the same set or types or a huge variety?

I'm wondering since different types of music, even different eras, use stereo effects differently; Classical, folk, and some modern jazz makes extensive use of stereo effects, to the extent that a classical composition when summed to mono will produce horrendous comb filtering due to stereo mic'ing techniques at differing distances, meanwhile much modern music is summed to mono very much to increase things like low end through two speakers, vocal presence, cymbal clarity (i'm thinking now of rock and hip-hop/rap, country, pop etc). Early beatles was stereo to the extreme.

all that to say i'm sure it all comes down to what types of music you listen to; some will always sound better stereo, some will always sound better mono.

Would there be an option or could it be implemented that as per a certain song's characteristic a single genome flag could exist for stereo content, perhaps doing a M/S conversion and comparing the relative energy of each signal? and then shazaam send the mono songs in mono, and the stereo songs in stereo?

Or do you guys do that already? its a subjective, measurable, quantity. i.e. a good candidate for a genome that could be analyzed by a simple iterative computer technique (M/S Convert> (stereo energy)/(mono energy)= ___% > genome as percentage.

oh.. i'm an electrical engineering musician nerd.
    Sound is great! Trouble is, mine seems to be all mono not stereo. I thought it might be my stereo bluetooth so i switched to my studio headphones and still was mono.

Is there a switch? Anyone else have any problems with this?
    04-15-09 05:35 PM
    hhhhmmm... I am also not getting stereo sound from Pandora. Both Slacker and local mp3s give me stereo sound so I'm not sure what the deal is. I downloaded Pandora from App World. Anyone know what the issue is?
    04-15-09 05:51 PM
    i see you are on verizon, same here. but i can not get pandora to work on my storm , any clues? thanks
    04-15-09 06:10 PM
    Yep, according to an earlier set of posts, they are only transmitting in mono --which "bytes" :| Oh well, maybe later I guess.
    04-15-09 06:12 PM
    Can someone PLEASE post the OTA link as I can't load using my BB browser because of my company's firewall. Thanks.
    04-15-09 06:16 PM
    i see you are on verizon, same here. but i can not get pandora to work on my storm , any clues? thanks
    Mine installed with no problems, and the sound is very good, other than being mono.

Did you download from the Pandora website?
    04-15-09 06:22 PM
    Can someone PLEASE post the OTA link as I can't load using my BB browser because of my company's firewall. Thanks.
    I don't know if there is an OTA yet.

However, If you have a friend who can log in at home and then goto Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music they can enter your BB phone number. That is OTA but only from the website not third party OTA which is what I was thinking about above.
    Last edited by peike; 04-15-09 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Modification to info
    04-15-09 06:28 PM
    you can just go to Pandora.com via the built in browser.
    04-15-09 06:31 PM
    I don't know if there is an OTA yet.

However, If you have a friend who can log in at home and then goto Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music they can enter your BB phone number. That is OTA but only from the website not third party OTA which is what I was thinking about above.
    I entered my phone but it only sends the website. Since it can't get there with the BB browser, I can only get to the site with IE which the site then doesn't recognize my phone. Same thing happened with Slacker. I really need the third party OTA. Thanks.
    04-15-09 06:35 PM
    For those of you who don't believe something until you see it on a website - we've updated our website! It now reflects support for Storm and Pearl Flip (as well as the previously supported models).

Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

As always, you don't need to send an SMS to get the download link - the download link is just Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music so if you don't mind typing a URL in your mobile browser, that's probably just as fast!

Marc @ Pandora
    Last edited by MarcPandora; 04-15-09 at 06:36 PM. Reason: fixing url text
    04-15-09 06:35 PM
    For those of you who don't believe something until you see it on a website - we've updated our website! It now reflects support for Storm and Pearl Flip (as well as the previously supported models).

Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

As always, you don't need to send an SMS to get the download link - the download link is just Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music so if you don't mind typing a URL in your mobile browser, that's probably just as fast!

Marc @ Pandora
    I understand but for some of us on corporate BES, our firewalls block streaming sites. As a result, I can't get to your site using the BB browser.
    04-15-09 06:41 PM
    you guys have the best access to info
    04-15-09 06:46 PM
    I am really glad that Pandora is on BB now. I love listening on the PC, and can listen on Storm now.

Seems better than Slacker, although, I did like the music sync that Slacker has. Nevertheless, once Pandora is in stereo it will be great.

Does MarcPandora have any idea when the stereo will come out?
    04-15-09 07:06 PM
    Hey Marc - Any chance of Stereo? An unscientific sampling here seems to really want it. . .
    04-15-09 07:25 PM
    I am still unable to login. I get a continuous "Signing In" message with a swirly icon. I have battery pulled, downloaded a new version of the app, tried to create a new account -- nothing seems to work.

I am running the STD Verizon version of the OS.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    04-15-09 07:58 PM
    I understand how pandora works but could someone please explain the buttons? I know thumbs up does and thumbs down won't play the song again. I read if you hit thumbs down for the same artist twice it will delete it from the list. Wyat if I still want the artist in the play list just not the song? Also what does bookmark song and artist do? I tried reading the FAQ for internet pandora but it is a little different. I read through this whole thread and couldn't find an answer. Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 11:21 PM
    Hey Marc - Any chance of Stereo? An unscientific sampling here seems to really want it. . .
    Similar to how we didn't make any promises or speculation on when the Storm build would be delivered, I can't make any promises or speculation around changes in our audio streams for BlackBerry. However, audio quality and listener experience is a top priority for us, and clearly there is a demand for multiple types of audio streams. I'll keep you posted... just keep reading these forums.

Marc @ Pandora
    04-16-09 12:01 AM
    I understand how pandora works but could someone please explain the buttons? I know thumbs up does and thumbs down won't play the song again. I read if you hit thumbs down for the same artist twice it will delete it from the list. Wyat if I still want the artist in the play list just not the song? Also what does bookmark song and artist do? I tried reading the FAQ for internet pandora but it is a little different. I read through this whole thread and couldn't find an answer. Thank you!

The FAQ entries for thumb up and thumb down still apply to the BlackBerry client: FAQ

As for bookmarks, you can only add bookmarks (song and/or artist) from the BlackBerry client, but to do anything with them you need to go to your profile page on a computer: Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

From there, you can listen to 30-second samples of bookmarks, get links to more information, and have the option to buy tracks from iTunes or Amazon.
    04-16-09 12:07 AM
    How do I get this to work in Canada. Supposedly some people have gotten this to work here... I keep getting a message saying "Sorry, Pandora is not available in this country."
    04-16-09 12:09 AM
    How do I get this to work in Canada. Supposedly some people have gotten this to work here... I keep getting a message saying "Sorry, Pandora is not available in this country."
    Unfortunately our licensing only allows us to play in the US. I can't get into the details of how we determine where a device is located, but needless to say we are constantly updating the algorithms and data -- so if by chance someone outside the US happens to be able to use the service, there is no guarantee that it will continue to work for them in the future.
    04-16-09 12:28 AM
    I am still unable to login. I get a continuous "Signing In" message with a swirly icon. I have battery pulled, downloaded a new version of the app, tried to create a new account -- nothing seems to work.

I am running the STD Verizon version of the OS.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    If you are having problems connecting, please email [email protected] and they will be able to walk you through some steps to try and troubleshoot the problem and hopefully get it working on your device. Thanks!

Marc @ Pandora
    04-16-09 12:31 AM
    Thanks for the links Marc! We appreciate you checking up here and helping and keeping us updated.

04-16-09 12:32 AM
    Does hitting the thumbs down key for the same artist still delete them from the list? What happens If I still want them on the playlist just not those two songs? I don't see a triangle on the screen where I can do that. Maybe its just cause its not ready for the storm yet.

04-16-09 12:37 AM
    Pandora works great. I told a couple of my coworkers about it and thet will download as well.
    04-16-09 06:41 AM
342 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD