>>just let the screen run for a while and it will eventually say your session has expired.

That did not work. I left it for over an hour last night. Tried it again this morning.
    04-15-09 01:10 PM
    lol i guess i like to many songs and didnt realize it does have a skip limitation , darnit i thought it didnt oh well i suppose
    04-15-09 01:18 PM
    i can't get this to work on my storm with tmo! i downloaded no prob. when opening it says it can't connect to pandora, please ensure you have sufficient network coverage. i have EGDE before i open pandora, but it switches me to edge. anyone else having this?
    04-15-09 01:26 PM
    the issue is when you close pandora but do not sign off. I did that yesterday and then today I had the long wait for the session expired message.
    That's what I'm not clear about. Where's the logoff option? BB Menu - Shutdown Pandora. That's what I do. I come back in a day later and I'm already signed in.
    04-15-09 01:28 PM
    Pandora is the best but sound quality is lacking a bit on my storm
    04-15-09 01:31 PM
    i can't get this to work on my storm with tmo! i downloaded no prob. when opening it says it can't connect to pandora, please ensure you have sufficient network coverage. i have EGDE before i open pandora, but it switches me to edge. anyone else having this?
    Hey i have the same problem, any solution for this? Thanks guys in advance...
    04-15-09 01:51 PM
    You need to log off when you are finished listening so that your session doesn't expire and you get hung for a few minutes. I wish that there was a way to save log in info and just reset your session from the menu. The whole thing about having to re-enter the log in info is kind of a drag but I am liking the app still.

Vic or Marc? any ideas on a fix?
    Each time you start up Pandora, it will create a new session for you and that session will last up to 4 hours. If you listen to music for longer than that period of time, you may get an error message at which point you can just exit Pandora, restart, and it will start a new session and continue playing the same station you were listening to. I know this isn't ideal and we're working on a solution that will automatically renew your session.

There is no need to log off and re-authenticate each time. The main reason we provide a "log off" option (located in the station list screen's menu) is for households with multiple Pandora accounts.
    04-15-09 01:52 PM
    any 1s fone restart at random?mine did that with slacker and the people at verizon said that it was cause of slacker.and than it stopped and now its doin it again with pandora.ne 1 else have this problem?
    04-15-09 01:58 PM
    this one is just like slacker. 6 skips per hour. i just got that message.
    04-15-09 02:00 PM
    Each time you start up Pandora, it will create a new session for you and that session will last up to 4 hours. If you listen to music for longer than that period of time, you may get an error message at which point you can just exit Pandora, restart, and it will start a new session and continue playing the same station you were listening to. I know this isn't ideal and we're working on a solution that will automatically renew your session.

There is no need to log off and re-authenticate each time. The main reason we provide a "log off" option (located in the station list screen's menu) is for households with multiple Pandora accounts.
    unfortunately, if you do not log off from your session(blackberry storm user) you will get stuck waiting with the pandora screen until you get the error and then you will be able to sign back in. There is a quirk going on that I have produced and it is a bit of a pain to deal with. it took me quite a while to re-enter my log in info and then start listening again. I believe it is tied to the session expired issue but the start up is still cached from the last session when the user did not sign out. having the ability to save user log in info and be able to edit that in an options in menu would be cool. thanks for the response Marc.
    04-15-09 02:07 PM
    ok one big beef i have found...

the song restarts when you get a message/email/alert. its starting to **** me off.
    Just set your profile to vibrate only and it will not restart the song when you get a message
    04-15-09 02:13 PM
    unfortunately, if you do not log off from your session(blackberry storm user) you will get stuck waiting with the pandora screen until you get the error and then you will be able to sign back in. There is a quirk going on that I have produced and it is a bit of a pain to deal with. it took me quite a while to re-enter my log in info and then start listening again. I believe it is tied to the session expired issue but the start up is still cached from the last session when the user did not sign out. having the ability to save user log in info and be able to edit that in an options in menu would be cool. thanks for the response Marc.
    Make sure when you quit the app it's fully shut down, not just backgrounded. If you are in the BlackBerry main menu and you hit the "menu" key, if you see an entry for "Pandora" then it's still running in the background. There should be an option in most screens in Pandora to "Shut Down Pandora" which fully shuts it down.
    04-15-09 02:23 PM
    Make sure when you quit the app it's fully shut down, not just backgrounded. If you are in the BlackBerry main menu and you hit the "menu" key, if you see an entry for "Pandora" then it's still running in the background. There should be an option in most screens in Pandora to "Shut Down Pandora" which fully shuts it down.
    thanks marc
    04-15-09 02:31 PM
    My Storm freezes or restarts every time I use Pandora, after a few minutes of play. I do exit everytime I use it. Makes no difference.
    04-15-09 02:58 PM
    I am learning so much about my BB Storm. I will never be able to go back to a phone agaiin. CB and the many members have helped me with several issues and I'm learning more each day.

I just may be a dufus, but Pandora is loaded and I am currently using the Quick Mix, but the sound is blaring out of my phone. I cannot use the side buttons to lower the volume. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? I love Pandora.

Thanks for a great app.
    04-15-09 03:26 PM
    I am learning so much about my BB Storm. I will never be able to go back to a phone agaiin. CB and the many members have helped me with several issues and I'm learning more each day.

I just may be a dufus, but Pandora is loaded and I am currently using the Quick Mix, but the sound is blaring out of my phone. I cannot use the side buttons to lower the volume. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? I love Pandora.

Thanks for a great app.
    The volume buttons only work when Pandora is running in the foreground. If it's running in the background, you need to first open it up either by clicking on the application icon or selecting "Pandora" in the global menu - then use the volume controls. Unfortunately this is a limitation in the BlackBerry API - there's no way for us to detect key presses (such as the volume keys) once the application is running in the background.

Marc @ Pandora
    04-15-09 03:38 PM
    When I visit pandora.com from my storm it says my device is not supported?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 03:50 PM
    Marc and Vic,

first off, i love the pandora app. and the concept of genomes. one question though,

When you did listening tests to compare side-by-side mono vs stereo encoding, did you look at the stereo content of the songs you were examining, or was it the same set or types or a huge variety?

I'm wondering since different types of music, even different eras, use stereo effects differently; Classical, folk, and some modern jazz makes extensive use of stereo effects, to the extent that a classical composition when summed to mono will produce horrendous comb filtering due to stereo mic'ing techniques at differing distances, meanwhile much modern music is summed to mono very much to increase things like low end through two speakers, vocal presence, cymbal clarity (i'm thinking now of rock and hip-hop/rap, country, pop etc). Early beatles was stereo to the extreme.

all that to say i'm sure it all comes down to what types of music you listen to; some will always sound better stereo, some will always sound better mono.

Would there be an option or could it be implemented that as per a certain song's characteristic a single genome flag could exist for stereo content, perhaps doing a M/S conversion and comparing the relative energy of each signal? and then shazaam send the mono songs in mono, and the stereo songs in stereo?

Or do you guys do that already? its a subjective, measurable, quantity. i.e. a good candidate for a genome that could be analyzed by a simple iterative computer technique (M/S Convert> (stereo energy)/(mono energy)= ___% > genome as percentage.

oh.. i'm an electrical engineering musician nerd.
    Last edited by collegeberry; 04-15-09 at 04:04 PM.
    04-15-09 03:59 PM
    I do have a random question. It seems that everytime I load Pandora on my phone now after a song finishes it doesn't automatically move on to the next one, I have to manually do it myself, seems a bit odd since it just started doing that today and I basically drive a 10 mile radius, I thought it was a low signal issue but I have full service where I am. Any thoughts? Or has anyone experienced this as well?
    04-15-09 04:02 PM
    Thank you Marc. I got back into Pandora and my volume keys worked this time. Thank you. I love this new toy. I don't know enough about the different radio apps to know if it has any problems, so to me Pandora is fantastic. You guys rock.
    04-15-09 04:04 PM
    Would there be an option or could it be implemented that as per a certain song's characteristic a single genome flag could exist for stereo content, perhaps doing a M/S conversion and comparing the relative energy of each signal? and then shazaam send the mono songs in mono, and the stereo songs in stereo?

Or do you guys do that already? its a subjective, measurable, quantity. i.e. a good candidate for a genome that could be analyzed by a simple iterative computer technique (M/S Convert> (stereo energy)/(mono energy)= ___% > genome as percentage.

oh.. i'm an electrical engineering musician nerd.
    That seems a bit more complicated than it needs to be - but interesting nonetheless!

I think the simplest next step would be to add a user option to select between stereo and mono.

Marc @ Pandora
    04-15-09 04:11 PM
    I do have a random question. It seems that everytime I load Pandora on my phone now after a song finishes it doesn't automatically move on to the next one, I have to manually do it myself, seems a bit odd since it just started doing that today and I basically drive a 10 mile radius, I thought it was a low signal issue but I have full service where I am. Any thoughts? Or has anyone experienced this as well?
    This appears to be a possible bug in the Storm's firmware. We're working with RIM to confirm this, and to see if there's a workaround. For now, we've found that pulling out the battery and putting it back in sometimes helps.

Marc @ Pandora
    04-15-09 04:13 PM
    how do I get rid of the keyboard?

I also do not have any controls on the screen... thumbs/ skips / pause / stations

any ideas??
    04-15-09 04:46 PM
    is there anyone here able to download storm to there 9500??
    04-15-09 04:59 PM
    how do I get rid of the keyboard?

I also do not have any controls on the screen... thumbs/ skips / pause / stations

any ideas??
    It sounds like you might be running in compatibility mode. Make sure you're running the latest version (1.0.2) and check your application settings (Options -> Advanced -> Applications -> Pandora). If compatibility mode is turned on for Pandora, turn it off.

is there anyone here able to download storm to there 9500??
    We currently only have the 9530 enabled in our servers - it's my understanding that the 9500 is not available in the US. Are you using an unlocked 9500 on a US carrier?
    04-15-09 05:05 PM
342 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD