Yay! Listening to Pandora now. I love it.
    04-14-09 07:09 AM
    I tried it last night and and found I could only get music in mono, so I switched to Slacker. My phone was flipping between 1X and 1XEV, so I suspect that Pandora may have automatically adjusted the quality downward to assure a reliable feed. I will test it at work when I have a faster data connection.
    04-14-09 07:41 AM
    Here is my review:

Pros:

1) I'm a Pandora user on my PC so it's nice to see that they support the Storm.
    2) App is graphically slightly less polished than Slacker but it seems to be glitch free and efficient which is something that Slacker seems to need many revisions to get to.
    3) Song selections seem to make more sense than Slacker at times. Slacker seems to think all metal is the same and I get progressive power metal and death metal all in the same channel, not cool.
    4) App loads faster and it doesn't give me user error like Slacker does for some reason before logging in.
    5) Songs load faster(maybe a con really)

Cons:
    1) Like Slacker, still skips a beat at 11-12 seconds. Must be a BB issue. OS related?
    2) Umm, how do I say this since it contradicts what so many have already said. Oh well, here goes...After listening to some songs with my NuForce NE-7M IEM's, I unfortunately have to rank the audio way below Slacker. It has very little dynamic range and every songs sounds dull, mushy and lifeless. No amount of volume raising saves this from being an audio nightmare. My point of comparison was listening to the same song on Pandora that I already had on MP3 loaded on my Storm. The Pandora version made me want to skip it. The MP3 version was so much more full of life and the sound stage was incredibly more open. I then went to listen to a few Slacker songs and again, I'm hearing that open sound stage and range that I could hear with my MP3.

Final Thoughts:

While I like the app and it may prove to be better in the long run, I think Pandora is either compressing these streaming songs too much or is dynamically transcoding them depending on connection speed or network load. Either way, it's an audio disaster at this point and I can no way recommend this over Slacker unless you listen to music through the built in speaker and then I'm sure it makes very little difference.
    04-14-09 08:22 AM
    Might be your connection. If your connection is weak, the bandwidth might be low and you should hear a difference in quality.
    If anything, just delete and reinstall.
    I uninstalled, reinstalled, 5 bars 1XEV and still same bleh sound quality.
    I ALSO noticed that I get a skip at 13 seconds which happens with slacker as well! Coincidence?
    I'm usually on the winning end of success with 3rd party apps so I guess this was overdue

Really dying to hear at least one other person with similar results to mine to help troubleshoot causes.
    04-14-09 08:22 AM
    Here is my review:

While I like the app and it may prove to be better in the long run, I think Pandora is either compressing these streaming songs too much or is dynamically transcoding them depending on connection speed or network load. Either way, it's an audio disaster at this point and I can no way recommend this over Slacker unless you listen to music through the built in speaker and then I'm sure it makes very little difference.
    THANK YOU!
    We agree on this one huge point.. If some more people come to this conclusion maybe we could spin off a seperate thread to identify if there is truely a s/w issue that splits off higher fidelity quality from poor quality.
    04-14-09 08:32 AM
    Great App. Running very smooth on my .75 Storm. Gave me the option to sign in and uploaded my stations. Audio quality is great (a little better than Slacker IMO). No breaks in the stream unless I receive an alert then the song pauses for a moment and returns to where it left off (song did not restart for me). I checked Pandora's site and they still don't show as available for the Storm so thank you OP (swahba), this is exactly why I love CrackBerry Nation, we seem to know before everyone else. I'm surprised Kevin or Bla1ze hasn't put this up on the featured post.

I downloaded directly from my storm using this link originally posted by flashman03 earlier in the thread:

Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

Above is my opinion based on my experiences, be sure and try all the streaming radio apps (especially the free ones) until you find the one that works best for you.
    04-14-09 08:50 AM
    [QUOTE=Skyeclad;2276457] 2) Umm, how do I say this since it contradicts what so many have already said. Oh well, here goes...After listening to some songs with my NuForce NE-7M IEM's, I unfortunately have to rank the audio way below Slacker. It has very little dynamic range and every songs sounds dull, mushy and lifeless. No amount of volume raising saves this from being an audio nightmare. My point of comparison was listening to the same song on Pandora that I already had on MP3 loaded on my Storm. The Pandora version made me want to skip it. The MP3 version was so much more full of life and the sound stage was incredibly more open. I then went to listen to a few Slacker songs and again, I'm hearing that open sound stage and range that I could hear with my MP3.
    QUOTE]

+1

Pandora sounds terrible. Oh well, it is free (you get what you pay for).
    04-14-09 09:03 AM
    I'm not able to download it for some reason. After entering my phone # and selecting my carrier (verizon) I get a text message that just says visit the following URL from your phone's web browser, the link just takes me back to the Pandora home page
    04-14-09 09:16 AM
    Sound quality is great for me! Pandora>>>>Slacker

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 09:19 AM
    Pandora sounds terrible. Oh well, it is free (you get what you pay for).
    Slacker is free and sounds fantastic. I would give Pandora awhile to at least officially release Storm support and then a few upgrades to sort out these issues as the masses start providing feedback.

When anyone mentions sound quality would you indicate your OS version?
    I am on 0.113
    04-14-09 09:23 AM
    Pandora performs better than slacker ever did for me. The sound quality is great and I don't have to wait ages like I did on slacker. I am enjoying it a lot and it is almost as good as a beta release for me. I am on .114hybrid right now. Perhaps the issues others are having in this thread may be pertaining to their network coverage area. I am sort of on the fringe of mine and it is very smooth. I guess every storm is different though.
    04-14-09 09:30 AM
    I'm not able to download it for some reason. After entering my phone # and selecting my carrier (verizon) I get a text message that just says visit the following URL from your phone's web browser, the link just takes me back to the Pandora home page
    Make sure your internet browser is set for BB. I was set to firefox and it did the same thing.
    04-14-09 09:57 AM
    This is what I keep getting when trying to access Pandora.

Hope someone has some insight. I can give you any info if you think of something I may need to reset. I checked my permissions and it has allow so Im not sure if I need to change that. I have EDGE prior to accessing and once I access the app it goes to edge.
    Once again I am asking for some assistance. Everyone just keeps blowing by.
    04-14-09 10:00 AM
    THANK YOU!
    We agree on this one huge point.. If some more people come to this conclusion maybe we could spin off a seperate thread to identify if there is truely a s/w issue that splits off higher fidelity quality from poor quality.
    Seems split between those who think it sounds fine and those who think it sounds over-compressed. My guess is that the fast song load speed over Slacker is indicative of small file size and hence, over-compression.

Just to be honest, I'm no crazy audio-phile who can take apart a songs many layers. So for me to say that the difference is like night and day says a lot. Pandora's sound is very, very mushy with no highs and no bass. Maybe it's just easier to tell with my Nforce IEM's but I can't ignore it.
    04-14-09 10:00 AM
    Make sure your internet browser is set for BB. I was set to firefox and it did the same thing.
    Great, that did it thanks for the help.
    04-14-09 10:08 AM
    Mine sounds fine. The DL was easy (one failed dl and then a successful one)

I deleted slacker and flycast. No competition!
    04-14-09 10:15 AM
    I am getting the same thing as well...could be bc Im deep inside a huge old office building???
    04-14-09 10:15 AM

I'm also getting this error but I have no idea why or how to fix. As Flashman originally posted about getting knocked down to edge. When I try to access Pandora, i get the no connection error, but when i go back to my homescreen I'm still at EDGE. Wierd. I've been waiting on this download too since I use Pandora on my pc.
    04-14-09 10:21 AM
    Ive tried different tricks, ive been running my browser with no APN settings at all and that didnt work, put in the Cingular Wap settings and that hasnt worked. Im guessing if us that are running any radio code other than .90 might be the reason. Any other suggestions please post.
    04-14-09 10:50 AM
    just deleted slacker.

downloading pandora as we speak
    04-14-09 11:03 AM
    Mine sounds fine. The DL was easy (one failed dl and then a successful one)

I deleted slacker and flycast. No competition!
    I'm with you! Bye Bye Slacker and flycast! My Pandora is working GREAT
    04-14-09 11:09 AM
    I didn't think we were going to get the love so soon. Really glad to see that they have a version for us. DL'ed, logged in, and bang, all of my stations right there waiting for me.

Rock on, Pandora.
    04-14-09 11:24 AM
    sick
    i cant wait to download it
    04-14-09 11:25 AM
    awesome app, works well on my Storm .114
    04-14-09 11:36 AM
    I can't get pandora to work for my phone. I have .122 installed on my phone. Could that be why? everytime I click the link that Pandora sends me I get send to their page but I never get asked to download anything. I'm using the BB browser too. Any help?
    04-14-09 12:00 PM
342 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD