Just got my bbcurve 8330 it comes with a slacker link preloaded but I read a couple threads about battery life I see they now have a pandora app pros cons either? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 03:16 PM
    I have neither, but being here alot, seems Pandora is the way too go...
    05-19-09 03:17 PM
    There's a ton of threads on this, or you can read the differences on my site.
    05-19-09 03:36 PM
    Pandora has a better music selection but slacker supports BT stero on the storm and well... Pandora doesn't... Kinda sucks if your using one.

05-19-09 04:36 PM
    Pandora, I had Slacker but it kept resetting my 8330.
    05-19-09 04:44 PM
    They are both free. I suggest trying them bith and see what you like better.

Personally I like Pandora. I think it plays a better selection of music and like the clean interface.

05-19-09 05:55 PM
    I've used both and I like Pandora a lot better. Especially using 3G or EDGE. It plays smoother and cleaner interface.

05-19-09 06:10 PM
    Pandora is faster on EDGE for me. I think Slacker is more interactive and robust.
    05-19-09 07:00 PM
    I like Pandora a lot more than Slacker.
    05-19-09 07:01 PM
    I've tried both and I like Slacker. I found Slacker to have a better mix of music, and they give you more options for setting up stations (search for song/artist and customize, create your own, pick from preset stations). Slacker also has the ability to cache so it can save battery life. Just my $.02.

05-19-09 08:39 PM
    I have a 3 1/2 year old girl and she loves slacker. For the wiggles of course. When I search for the wiggles in pandora all I got was their xmas album. But with Slacker waaaaaay more options for the wiggles albums. Plus i like the comedy channel on slacker
    05-19-09 08:45 PM
    Slacker has worked great for me. The sound quality is amazing...

05-19-09 09:05 PM
    Thanks a bunch I've been trying em out so far pandora seems to be the preference, the comedy station on slacker was a bonus but it took to long to load, pandora has a better punk station so I'm thinking I'm going with pandora thanks for all the help

05-21-09 03:13 PM
    For me, I would have to go with Pandora. It runs a lot smoother than does Slacker. And I appreciate the clean UI as well. However, Slacker does have the larger variety of music. That's just an unbiased opinion for you. That's why I still have both installed on my phone. But I use Pandora far more often.

05-21-09 04:19 PM
    Slacker is awsome!!! I had pandora but replaced it with Slacker!!!
    05-21-09 04:42 PM
    Because Slacker can cache stations it is fully usable on an airplane or in any place where you don't have access. Also, it's algorithm to create stations I find far superior to Pandora. I kind of think of Slacker as Pandora 2.0.

Bob
    05-21-09 05:32 PM
    Slacker has higher fidelity, slower to load but better than pandora IMO

05-21-09 09:27 PM
    Hi fellas I have pandora Iheart and slacker and I can only use slacker what I can do
    05-22-09 03:26 AM
    Also, it's algorithm to create stations I find far superior to Pandora.
    Then you haven't spent any time getting to know how to use Pandora's site. It's FAR more intelligent when it comes to learning your tastes and analyzing similarities in the patterns of stuff you like/dislike. It's also got a higher selection of non-pop.

Slacker has it's advantages, but smarter stations ain't one of them IMHO. Pandora's site creates amazingly custom-tailored stations.
    05-22-09 05:52 AM
    I have also had both and I think I like Pandora better with a few exceptions. Pandora seems faster on my Storm but in navigation and network-wise. The only thing that I miss with Pandora is not being able to select a station by genre on my device. I know I can access the genre stations online and then access it on my device, but it would be nice to be able to access them on the device as well. Also, I think the Slacker library is a more extensive.

Another thing I've noticed with Slacker is that my notifications get screwed up after using the program simetimes, especially for extended periods of time. It's usually fixed with a battery pull but still kind of annoying. Maybe this is just a problem with the Storm.

Slacker:
    Pros - Bigger selection; stations by genre; station caching (if you're into that sort of thing); able to play search songs immediately
    Cons - Slower navigation; only allowed 6 skips per hour in free version; notifications are affected(?)

Pandora:
    Pros - Quicker navigation
    Cons - Stations by genre not available on device; only allowed 6 skips per hour in free version; unable to play searched songs immediately (Pandora FAQ)
    Last edited by QuezXLV; 05-28-09 at 12:16 PM.
    05-28-09 11:57 AM
    Pandora has never played a bands Christmas songs in the middle of spring. I can't say the same for slacker.

I also could not find a way to ban just a song in slacker, I had to ban the whole artist from a station, unless I was missing it. With Pandora you can ban just a song or the artist.

I also like that I can bookmark songs in Pandora and then go back into the website and see what songs I bookmarked should I want to actually buy them
    05-28-09 12:30 PM
    I also could not find a way to ban just a song in slacker, I had to ban the whole artist from a station, unless I was missing it. With Pandora you can ban just a song or the artist.
    ? All you do is click the Ban button... It's easier to find the ban button than "Ban Artist" in the menu.
    05-28-09 12:35 PM
    Pandora is the best imo
    05-28-09 12:39 PM
    I have tried both and Pandora seems to be the better one.
    05-28-09 12:41 PM
    Pandora seems better for artist-specific stations, but Slacker seems better for a broader range of music. Slacker on BB also has better sound quality than Pandora (and also seems to take slightly longer to load songs as a result).

05-29-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD