Which one do you guys prefer or recommend??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 09:19 AM
    I use Pandora. Never tried slacker.
    05-08-09 09:32 AM
    Yeah I use Pandora too. I just downloaded Slacker Radio. Its pretty good. You can do a lot more w/ it. It has pre set stations and when listening to a song you can get the artist's bio and reviews on the album. Sometimes it makes my phone run real slow. So IDK which I'm gonna use.

05-08-09 09:47 AM
    Slacker station cache-ing is the best feature on either (IMHO). It saves battery and keeps your connection free so it won't slow down web browsing (etc...) while you're listening to music. But in general, people pretty much use whichever they picked up first (be it on the PC or the Berry) and are happy with it. Slacker's biggest downsides are the sometimes buggy install process, having to recache stations after an OS upgrade, and the shear size of the program.
    05-08-09 09:56 AM
    I would recommend FlyCast. I like it because it has winamp style shoutcast. I'm a big fan of winamp radio though. Otherwise - Pandora.
    05-08-09 10:13 AM
    I love the station caching ability of Slacker, and the clarity is amazing as well!
    05-08-09 10:18 AM
    Right now I'm using Slacker bc it has pre made stations which is a big plus. Pandora just let's you search and play.

05-08-09 12:06 PM
    I am a big fan of Pandora as well. I was so excited when they made a version that worked on my 8900. I already used it on my PC and had a lot of stations built up, so it is very convenient that I can also use it on my BB.

To be fair though, I have never used Slacker.
    05-08-09 12:20 PM
    Slacker due to audio quality + caching.

If Slacker implemented Pandora's learning, it would kill Pandora.
    If Pandora implemented caching + higher audio quality, it would kill Slacker.
    05-08-09 12:30 PM
    Yeah I like for its simple and clean look. It seems faster too but the search results are not always the greatest. Slacker just has more to offer.

05-08-09 12:38 PM
    Used Pandora first but made the switch to Slacker due to caching and higher quality audio. Caching not only impacts battery life (in a good way) but also allows you to listen to music in gym dungeons, on a plane, overseas, etc.

05-08-09 12:55 PM
    I prefer Slacker for the reasons sited above. I like the diversity of the music on the stations (I listed mostly to Adult Alternative and New Blues). I found the music on Pandora was getting to be *too* much the same (I guess because it's *trying* to find music that matches my taste). I just think Slacker is more interesting.
    05-08-09 11:12 PM
    05-08-09 11:16 PM
    I prefer Slacker for the reasons sited above. I like the diversity of the music on the stations (I listed mostly to Adult Alternative and New Blues). I found the music on Pandora was getting to be *too* much the same (I guess because it's *trying* to find music that matches my taste). I just think Slacker is more interesting.
    Yeah Pandora goes the safe route and plays what you already flagged much more often. That's good and all, except when I'm trying to find new and different stuff...
    05-08-09 11:28 PM
    I used Pandora now. I had Slacker, and my phone would reset about every 5 minutes while Slacker was playing. Never figured out why, so I uninstalled it and got Pandora. Have not had a problem since.
    05-11-09 07:50 PM
    i like slacker because i can customize my own station, love/ban songs/artists and the sound quality is awesome!
    05-11-09 09:22 PM
    I loved Slacker for a long time, I liked the idea of caching stations and all the options I could use on Slacker. Iwas really against Pandora at first but I now favor Pandora more because its simply smarter. It plays exactly what I like and streams very well without interfering with my other apps. As someone else mentioned, I would definitely go with Slacker if they made its system smarter.
    05-11-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD