I got a warranty trade-in on my VZW Storm 9550 last October due to a faulty touch screen. The unit was a refurb, but excellent condition, so all was good there. I've had no issues up until now - everything seems to be working as it should.

Flash forward to today. I installed the Pandora app on my 9550, and I was surprised to find a list of stations already set up when I started the app. I went to the "options" screen, and found this:

I partially obscured the email. I don't know who that email belongs to, but it was already set up when I started the program. Does Pandora automatically upload account settings based on the handset's PIN #? I'm thinking the email account belongs to the person that owned this unit before me. I could easily delete the stations (or change them/add stations) if I was so inclined.

This doesn't seem like a good thing...
    04-17-11 01:57 PM
    I got a friend to give me his old blackberry after I had a mishap (accidentally destroyed) with mine. After I unlocked his phone, completely wiped it, and installed a new OS, I had the same issue as you. So yes, they must store it by pin on their server.

I guess we need to register the new phone immediately with Pandora before we sell our old ones. Seems like a potential problem though to have to do that.
    04-17-11 11:17 PM
    OP -- if I were you I'd contact Pandora directly to ask them about your situation since I've found their customer service to be pretty responsive previously when emailing them Qs. Also, I think Pandora even has a section in the Apps portion of CB and some Pandora reps who check CB with some regularity, so maybe if you post a Q in their forum they'll reply to the post or PM you.
    04-19-11 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD