We've just put out an update to the Pandora BlackBerry app - version 1.1.5. This update includes support for "Universal Search" on devices running 6.0, as well as support for the upcoming BlackBerry Style 9670. Other minor fixes have also been included (full release notes below).

It is available immediately by pointing your mobile browser to the Pandora website at http://www.pandora.com. If you have an earlier version of Pandora installed already, you can get the update by starting Pandora and selecting the "New Version Available" menu item. We'll be updating App World as well, so it should be available there within a few days.

As usual, our help desk is available for handling any questions or problems you may have at [email protected]

Release Notes

New Features
    • Support for BlackBerry Style 9670
    • Universal Search integration (6.0 OS)

Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed some display issues that sometimes occurred when bringing Pandora into the foreground
    • Bookmark Artist was not showing the "Bookmark Added" message (even though the bookmark was actually added)
    • In 6.0, the popup context menu was showing after selecting menu items with the trackpad
    10-29-10 10:51 AM
    Search does not do anything.

VZW
    10-29-10 03:07 PM
    Search does not do anything.

VZW
    You might need to reboot your phone or start Pandora at least once so that it can register itself as a search provider with the system.
    10-29-10 03:11 PM
    No luck tried search and no results with Pandora...

What are we missing here.
    10-29-10 03:27 PM
    No luck tried search and no results with Pandora...

What are we missing here.
    Oh I know what's up - you're using a 9650 and we are still serving up the 5.0 build for that device (since 6.0 isn't officially out yet for it). I'll update our servers to look for the 9650+6.0 combo and serve up the 6.0 build. I'll post and update to this thread when it's done. Do you know which other in-market devices are out there running pre-release 6.0 firmware?
    10-29-10 03:31 PM
    Good deal!!! As for 6.0 just the 9650 has a pre released OS for 6.0
    10-29-10 03:32 PM
    Good deal!!! As for 6.0 just the 9650 has a pre released OS for 6.0
    Okay, it should be set up now to serve the 6.0 build to that device/OS. Try installing Pandora again and let me know if it works for you. Thanks!
    10-29-10 03:49 PM
    Oh good, I'm not going nuts, thanks for the quick response Marc!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 03:50 PM
    any point in a Storm2 user to update??
    10-29-10 04:31 PM
    any point in a Storm2 user to update??
    Everything that was added or changed in this release are in the release notes, so I'd say it's your call!
    10-29-10 05:21 PM
    Did you guys get rid of the touch screen menu when you tap the screen? It was nice to have the on-screen 6.0 short menu rather than having to press the menu key and hit text links.

Will the icon menu be brought back to 6.0 touchscreen devices??

Now I need to go find the old 1.1.4 to downgrade to get that feature back. I use that way more than i would use the universal search feature.
    10-30-10 06:32 PM
    There was a bug where if you used the regular menu and selected an item with the trackpad, it would then show the popup context menu after executing the menu item. This wasn't desired behavior. The fix for this bug also removed the popup menu when tapping the background. We'll work on implementing the 6.0 popup context menu properly in a future build.
    10-30-10 10:24 PM
    Is there any word on having what we're listening to on Pandora show up in our Status on Blackberry Messenger?

I thought i had read that BBM was going to allow applications to make this possible?

Just curious as I think it would be a great thing to have the ability to do.
    11-01-10 02:27 PM
    Is there any word on having what we're listening to on Pandora show up in our Status on Blackberry Messenger?

I thought i had read that BBM was going to allow applications to make this possible?

Just curious as I think it would be a great thing to have the ability to do.
    Good idea. I'll send your suggestion on to our product team.
    11-01-10 02:51 PM
    would you be able to have the site serve up the 6.0 version for the 9700 running 6 now? When I go to pandora.com it just says phone not supported
    11-02-10 10:01 PM
    would you be able to have the site serve up the 6.0 version for the 9700 running 6 now? When I go to pandora.com it just says phone not supported
    Okay I just changed it - give it another try.
    11-03-10 12:46 AM
    Okay I just changed it - give it another try.
    Ok the site is letting me hit the download link now, but I am getting a 907 invalid COD error. When I hit details its giving a HTTP Error 404: not found.
    11-03-10 06:50 AM
    Hi Marc..any help here would be great, downloaded the new Pandora version this a.m. and any time I try to run it, I get an error message "Error starting Pandora $2dradio: Module 'pandora$2radio' does not match codfile timestamp of sibling module 'pandora$2radio-2"

I'm not to tech savvy, any advice would be great. My ears are lonely at work.
    11-03-10 09:54 AM
    Does it seem like the audio quality has gone down on this version? I feel like the bit-rate has dropped significantly and there doesn't seem to be a real difference between the High and Normal audio quality seetings in the menu.
    11-03-10 10:12 AM
    Hi Marc..any help here would be great, downloaded the new Pandora version this a.m. and any time I try to run it, I get an error message "Error starting Pandora $2dradio: Module 'pandora$2radio' does not match codfile timestamp of sibling module 'pandora$2radio-2"

I have the same problem. Although mine ends in 'pandora$2dradio-1', it's essentially the same issue.

Running Curve 8900.
    11-03-10 11:01 AM

Same issue here but my error ends in 'pandora$2radio-1'. I tried a battery pull and downloading again with no luck. Any idea what I should do?
    11-03-10 11:02 AM
    Same issue here but my error ends in 'pandora$2radio-1'. I tried a battery pull and downloading again with no luck. Any idea what I should do?
    I have the same issue, BB 8900. It is also showing 1.1.4 as the download file, though it does show it as an update.
    Last edited by asspin; 11-03-10 at 11:37 AM.
    11-03-10 11:25 AM
    Same issue on Tour 9630
    11-03-10 11:35 AM
    Okay...I just downloaded again, not through App World, but through the BB browser on Pandora...it worked, no problems, and it's the correct version, 1.1.5 I guess just keep trying? Thanks...
    11-03-10 11:44 AM
    Okay it looks like there was a problem with a push last night, and some pieces from the old version were pushed out causing some problems.

It should all be fixed now - if you've had problems installing the app please try again! Also, the 1.1.5 release is now available in App World.
    11-03-10 11:45 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD