Is there a way to stop Pandora from auto-start playing music when you load the application?

And it seems to not recognize that headphones are plugged in. Is there a option somewhere to switch this?

Thanks
    03-27-09 08:48 AM
    Is there a way to stop Pandora from auto-start playing music when you load the application?

And it seems to not recognize that headphones are plugged in. Is there a option somewhere to switch this?

Thanks
    Once Pandora has started playing, press the Blackberry key, then select 'Activate headset'.

A PIA, yes. View it as a feature, not a bug.
    03-27-09 09:32 AM
    I noticed some quirkyness when starting Pandora...and then plugging in head phones. Mostly I have them connected already though so its not an issue. I did however have some issues with volume last night. Since my berry is being a PITA with getting stuck on "scanning" every time I try to play my mp3's (not many mind you) I have started just using Pandora. Last night at the gym I fired it up and some of the songs where at different volume levels. I was doing a set and and had the volume all set and the next song was blasting loud and I was like wtf! But it seemed only to happen on 1-2 songs.

I think its in beta for what its worth.
    03-27-09 09:35 AM
    There doesn't seem to be a way to stop it from automatically playing. But you could Pause it right away!
    03-27-09 09:45 AM
    Thanks for the input everyone. This normally isn't an issue unless if I'm at work, and all of a sudden have some random music blasting through the speaker!
    03-27-09 10:12 AM
    I've noticed the lack of "normalized" volume on Pandora as well. It's really an issue at work.
    03-27-09 11:38 AM
    When I play a song on Pandora and I hit the Blackberry Button it does not give me the option to activate the headset..... Any suggestions
    03-31-09 10:25 AM
    I have used Pandora for Blackberry on my 8330 for over a week now and have had none of the problems listed above except the auto start, and as far as i am concerned that is the way it should be.

I can plug and unplug head phones whenever i want and it switches automatically.

I use a Blackberry Stereo Bluetooth Gateway and it switches from that to the car hands free bluetooth automatically as needed for a call.

When the Profile is set for tones to be played on message receipt it transfers off of the Stereo Bluetooth Gateway automatically and once i have looked at or acknowledged the message it transfers back automatically.

I used it for over 4 hours on a car trip up to Maine this past weekend with out a drop out of music. And there was no level changes between songs, they all played at a consistent level. I also listened to it on the 4+ hour ride back from Maine, with out issue.

This works so much better than Slacker.

This is an awesome application, and it works just as i feel it should. Of course this is my opinion, but i have had it work just as i would have designed it to.
    03-31-09 11:28 AM
    Does it have to be a blackberry earphones or can you us just any old earphones to listen to pandora? I can change it to the headset when I in my music file but not in pandora....Any suggestions
    03-31-09 12:22 PM
    When I play a song on Pandora and I hit the Blackberry Button it does not give me the option to activate the headset..... Any suggestions
    I have the same problem...Did you get an answer? Thanks
    04-04-09 02:24 PM
    Please help with this matter. I too, am having this problem with Pandora not recognizing my headphones. It will play through my headphones for two seconds then the music will play through the bb speaker. I have use several different brands and styles of headphones resulting in the same results. I too also did not notice an active option when I press the ball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 08:19 PM
    Hello all, the problem you all are having is one that troubled me as well, but I have solved the issue (and no it is not your phone!). The issue has to do with Pandora software and how blackberry software interprets it. Sometimes on download, Pandora software gets glitchy. The first thing you have to do is uninstall Pandora. To uninstall, go to your options, (the wrench for most) and go to applications, find Pandora, click on the menu button and then delete it. Your blackberry should prompt you to restart...do it...if not, turn it off first then take the battery out, if not you risk data corruption and loss. Then from your computer (not blackberry) go to Pandora and resend yourself the link. Follow the link and when its time to install, DO NOT CHECK SHOW PERMISSIONS (plenty of time to do that later). After Pandora installs hit your END button then the blackberry menu button and go to the Pandora Application. You will notice that all your stations you had saved, are still there. Click on play and plug in your headphones...enjoy!
    07-07-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD