Anybody else having issues with Pandora? mine will only play 2 or 3 songs in a row and then it gets hung up...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 11:59 AM
    Same issue. Slacker is doing the same thing (with a strong signal). This has been going on for over a month.

I tried updating to the latest OS. I will give feedback as to whether or not it helps. What OS/Pandora and version are you running?

I have been keeping Pandora up to date, running the .656 beta.
    06-09-10 05:18 AM
    I've been running Slacker on .580 with no problems.
    06-09-10 06:24 AM
    I'm having issues with Pandora as well.

I'm on .656
    06-09-10 07:23 AM
    Haven't used it in a while through 3G, but it used to to happen almost every time. Maybe its a tmob thing

Works flawless on wifi though.
    06-09-10 08:30 AM
    .680 had no effect on Pandora or Slacker. Going to try downgrading to the latest official T-Mobile release (586). When I was running the 5XX betas, I wasn't having any problems.
    06-09-10 03:32 PM
    I've been getting the "tunnel error" when on 3G. Works fine on wifi though. Slacker and Grooveshark work fine for me.
    06-09-10 06:31 PM
    Same here...thought it was just my weak signal at the gym, but used to play all the time and if it did cut out came right back in the closer I got to the front of the building.

Now it does it all the time...annoying.

06-09-10 07:07 PM
    Hmmm I have Pandora 1.1.3.4 and have no issues. I am also using the lower quality setup too for slower connections, even though I have a great connection.

I cannot tell the difference in sound quality and never have buffering or getting hung up. Does it just happen or when you try to forward past a song?
    06-09-10 07:40 PM
    It typically happens at the end of a song (not always; I don't usually skip). It's like it buffers the song, then it times out. Can you tell me what phone and OS you are running?
    06-09-10 08:25 PM
    Wednesday: Wiped and downgraded to official T-Mobile .586, every app was redownloaded, media card cleared of everything but pictures.

Apps:

BerryWeather
    Battle.net Authenticator
    Dictionary.com
    One Touch Flashlight
    Pandora
    Poynt
    Slacker

I did not reinstall SmrtGuard.

Testing Pandora over UMA was successful (as already stated). Will test 3G tomorrow.

Thursday: Nothing has changed. I suspected the problem might have been constant hand offs between EDGE and 3G, so I forced EDGE. Didn't help.

I have no idea what the problem could be.
    06-10-10 03:44 PM
    The newest official OS (.743) fixes the Pandora issues.
    06-11-10 03:50 PM
    Not for me... Now it says I cannot connect to Pandora and to check that I have sufficient coverage... 3G, full bars!!! Did 3 battery pulls and still can't connect! WTF!

06-12-10 11:09 PM
    I had problems getting it to start the first time. What version are you running? Have you tried Slacker?
    06-13-10 09:09 AM
    Slacker runs but freezes after 3 or 4 songs. I'm running latest version on .743 build.

06-13-10 10:50 AM
    Anyone know why my Pandora won't connect?

06-14-10 07:10 AM
    I haven't used Pandora yet using my data connection. I am lucky enough to have wifi at home and work, which are the two places I use Pandora. I streams fast and fierce on wifi, no problems.
    06-14-10 08:38 AM
    Anyone know why my Pandora won't connect?

That is exactly how you go about getting someone to diagnose your problems. LOL.
    06-14-10 09:20 AM
    Multiple posts in this very thread with the details of build, version, etc... Just seeing if anyone has any new info.

06-14-10 11:46 AM
    Pandora freezes on bold 9650 .699. After 2 or 3 songs skipped. Works fine if I don't skip songs. Annoying

06-22-10 10:39 PM
    I have a tmobile bold 9700 runnining OS 5.0.586. Pandora used to work great for me on both 3g and Wifi.

Recently however, it pauses for like 5 minutes in between songs like some of you have already said. It doesnt seem to have a problem when on wifi, only on 3g. However my 3g signal is strong and its having issues in places where I know pandora previously didn't have any issues (so i dont think its a connection issue).

The only thing I can think of is i upgraded the OS to .586. Not sure if thats the problem. I tried reinstalling pandora and that didnt help. I think theres another OS update I might try that next. Its really weird, and searching the forums it seems like a good number of people are having similar issues. Hopefully pandora or blackberry can address this.
    07-03-10 04:59 PM
    My 9630 Tour does not have WIFI, so I only use 3g for Pandora. My Pandora began crapping out on me too recently. It became unusable. A couple days ago, i upgraded to Pandora version 1.1.3.5. Works perfectly now.
    07-03-10 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD