I've used Pandora on my Storm 2 for a while and noticed this irritating problem several months ago just too lazy to do anything about it till now. I have latest version of Pandora 1.18 or somethin' like that and during EVERY song I have weird problem with the song stream pausing (technically not pausing cause song comes back after pause ahead of where it left) every few minutes. I have downloaded program direct from website, deleted and reloaded program. Is anyone else having this problem with the Storm 2 or other BB phone. Love Pandora and don't like Slacker and don't want to lose it but this is annoying!!!!
    04-30-11 11:01 PM
    Ok. I went and looked around in my options on phone, saw that cell broadcast settings was turned off so I turned it on and wala! Pandora is no longer fading out every song. Feel free to tell me why this would or woudn't affect Pandora???
    05-01-11 12:19 AM
    thats odd, i wouldnt think that would effect it.
    05-01-11 02:04 AM
    I've used Pandora on my Storm 2 for a while and noticed this irritating problem several months ago just too lazy to do anything about it till now. I have latest version of Pandora 1.18 or somethin' like that and during EVERY song I have weird problem with the song stream pausing (technically not pausing cause song comes back after pause ahead of where it left) every few minutes. I have downloaded program direct from website, deleted and reloaded program. Is anyone else having this problem with the Storm 2 or other BB phone. Love Pandora and don't like Slacker and don't want to lose it but this is annoying!!!!
    I don't use Pandora or Slacker, but I do use Sirius/XM app and I have the same problem, esp when I'm not on wifi. I can have a full 3G BB signal and it'll tell me it can't find data but as soon as I exit the program and restart it, it'll get a data connection and I'll be fine. This happens on wifi connection also. I just figure nothing is perfect. I get to stream my radio at work since IT blocked the online radio player.
    05-02-11 01:37 PM
    Any idea on what the cell broadcast settings actually controls?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 03:58 PM
    I have this same issue! I will try the cell broadcast option to see if it fixes mine as well. I've noticed I have no issues on wifi, therefore telling me it's a problem with the network regardless of signal strength.

I've reloaded both the app and the OS but to no avail. I know there are still other variables I cannot test, but I've concluded the most logical explanation would be network speed. If it was a memory or other phone issue, I'd have the same problem with wifi enabled. (theoretically)

I think I'm going to call verizon and ask them about this. I've also noticed that the majority of people posting problems (this thread and another) are Verizon customers. This also furthering my assumption of it being a network-based issue.
    06-10-11 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD