When I download it and start the application it comes up with the error "The application pandora $2dradio has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by you IT policy". And since its for personal use and not linked with any corporate networks or anything, I was wondering why I keep getting this message. I tried deleteing and re-installing and that doesnt seem to help anything. I sometimes get the same message with opera mini, but a simple delete re-install always fixes that one. any suggestions?
    03-20-09 09:59 AM
    Are you using BIS or BES? Sounds like BES to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 12:18 PM
    well I'm not sure I know one is for corporate setting and on is for personal everyone else use. so it's the latter. What I'm trying to say is that is should be letting me and its not. And if anyone else is having this problem and knows how to fix it that would be great....because I love pandora and am really happy that it is finally out for the blackberry. now if it would only work for me...
    03-21-09 01:07 AM
    I had this problem with Twitterberry even though I don't use BES and I don't have any traces of an IT policy left over on my phone. Turns out that by default, the firewall doesn't allow split-pipe connections (connections to both inside and outside the firewall) for security reasons.

There are two ways to fix this: 1) Turn off the firewall. This is probably not preferable since your BlackBerry will prompt you whenever you run a program that needs to connect to the internet. 2) Load a blank IT policy that allows split-pipe connections. The downside to this is that you won't be able to turn off your firewall.

Download the policy.bin from here and follow the directions to load it to your BlackBerry (ignore the fact that it says for OS 4.2 and earlier): Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    03-21-09 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD