Just picked up the Blackberry 8530 with Virgin Mobile and having problems with Pandora and Live365. Pandora takes a good amount of time to access a channel and seems to freeze up when getting to the 4th song every time. Live365 doesn't even work, can't even get it to play a song as it continues to buffer ( after 5 minutes I gave up on it). Anybody know the problem?
    Last edited by LASlim; 05-31-10 at 02:26 PM.
    05-31-10 02:17 PM
    Just picked up the Blackberry 8530 with Virgin Mobile and having problems with Pandora and Live365. Pandora takes a good amount of time to access a channel and seems to freeze up when getting to the 4th song every time. Live365 doesn't even work, can't even get it to play a song as it continues to buffer ( after 5 minutes I gave up on it). Anybody know the problem?
    I have the VM (U.S.) 8530, also, so I know what you're talking about: just to help centralize the issue for message board ops, are you accessing the live365 site directly, or going in through any stations? I tried both ways. The live365 just re-directs back me to the main page, and when I try through a station's web site, the listener window opens, and then I get a message that the browser's too slow or need a browser add-on.

VM (U.S.) 8530: it's no-go on a lot of streaming audio sites. Help needed.
    06-01-10 07:34 AM
    Live365 has a mobile app which I downloaded however as stated does not work with this phone. Constantly buffers no matter what channel you go to without ever once getting to actually playing the song. As for Pandora the mobile application no longer works. Once clicking on the app it is in a constant "load" state when clicking on any channel. Youtube now is beginning to show the same signs as videos are now starting to play with a bit of buffering going on throughout and not being able to play straight through. Programs have been deleted and added again but to no avail.
    The reason for my purchase of this phone was for streaming music and being able to play videos without problem however as this time this phone just isn't working out. Unfortunatly it looks like I might be returning it soon if there is no solution. I've seen in other posts that others have experienced this same problem with other carriers when it comes to Pandora and have had the problem corrected but there are not enough Virgin Mobile users as of yet.
    06-01-10 09:13 AM
    Tried via WiFi as well with all bars but the same thing going on.
    06-01-10 01:03 PM
    I have the BB curve 8530 and i cant find pandora. I searched in the free apps. Nothing. How do i go about finding it. Plus is it worth getting. I ride motorcycle and have speakers in helmet and need something to listen to. Besides ipod. Or is there something else i could down load. Something better???

Thanks
    06-01-10 06:21 PM
    I have the BB curve 8530 and i cant find pandora. I searched in the free apps. Nothing. How do i go about finding it. Plus is it worth getting. I ride motorcycle and have speakers in helmet and need something to listen to. Besides ipod. Or is there something else i could down load. Something better???

Thanks
    Go to Blackberry App World and just type it in the search or it should come up automatically under one of the popular free apps as well. Or you can just go to m.pandora.com and download it from there as I think the one they have is an updated version. However, I wouldn't even think about doing it just yet as it's not working. It freezes up as does Live 365 which will not even play a song but rather continue to say Buffering then Connecting and then buffering again for as long as you let it. It's definitly a problem on Virgin's end with this phone. so....

I decided to call them a few minutes ago. They were completly lost with regards to this situation and I ended up wasting 20 minutes of time. They said to take out the battery, the tried updating my profile,etc. Nothing work so I ended up hanging up on them. Hopefully somebody here will be able to figure out the problem. Seems like just a glitch somewhere but something that will make me take back the phone.
    06-01-10 07:55 PM
    I am over a week and still going with the absolute worst customer service experience I've had in my lifetime--Virgin Mobile.

Had them port my number from my old provider, which every customer rep confirms they did successfully--but then Virgin keeps saying they're working on activating my line, yet haven't done so yet. Last week they said it was because they were having troubles with their new Blackberry systems internally, would have it fixed by Friday. Saturday they said they were putting in a trouble report and it would be done in probably in a day. The 'manager' I spoke with, "Armando", said I could call and check back with him, but he'd also call me, then he left a message saying he'd call back as I couldn't reach him. No sign of him since. On Sunday they said they'd give me a free month's service if it wasn't fixed by Tuesday. On Tuesday they said the reason it wasn't activated was because I hadn't set up payment for their continuing service yet--even though I had asked how to arrange payment the week before and been told I couldn't do that until after I received an invoice after the phone was activated. Then they said they'd done whatever and I'd have service within 24 hours. Today they said I had to talk to the porting department and the woman in the porting department said I didn't have my service yet because they had only received the request from whatever other VM department yesterday and it takes more time than that. I then asked for a porting department manager and after being told I would be transferred, but held on hold for 25 minutes I hung up and am venting here.

No service for more than a week, a different excuse every day, put on hold endless times (when snippets of loud music play interrupted by a dj telling you to buy the music, such as the dj gets your hopes up that you're back to a human, but it's not a human. A terrible system to get in to a person, including the annoying 'Alex' virtual representative. Have to go through all that, then wait to be transferred to their Blackberry department, but that doesn't always work, so you may get another 20 minutes account grilling from a non-Blackberry guy before being transferred again. All around truly the most horrible customer service experience I've ever had.
    06-02-10 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD