I use slacker radio and like it. It is alot like satellite radio that is the reason I like it.
    04-19-09 04:24 PM
    Prefer Slacker
    04-19-09 06:14 PM
    Ok I have been using a few of them for a few days and I have found that I really have no use for iheartradio. I like Pandora when I am listening to headphones, but when I hook up my phone to my car stereo via AUX cable, I find that the sound is 10x better using Slacker. I am guessing this is due to the fact that Pandora is in mono and Slacker is in stereo. Thanks for all of your opinions!
    04-19-09 07:37 PM
    Ok I have been using a few of them for a few days and I have found that I really have no use for iheartradio. I like Pandora when I am listening to headphones, but when I hook up my phone to my car stereo via AUX cable, I find that the sound is 10x better using Slacker. I am guessing this is due to the fact that Pandora is in mono and Slacker is in stereo. Thanks for all of your opinions!
    WHAT?! Pandora is in Mono? What moron at that company decided that was a good idea? Even FlyCast is Stereo.
    04-19-09 07:49 PM
    WHAT?! Pandora is in Mono? What moron at that company decided that was a good idea? Even FlyCast is Stereo.
    Yeah... that's what I read over in the Pandora thread. I believe it was one of the Pandora guys that stated that somewhere in the middle of the thread.
    04-19-09 07:59 PM
    I listen to mostly Trance. Does Pandora have such channels? I prefer Flycast for this music choice alone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Enter an artist's name. You'll get a channel to listen to.
    04-19-09 08:05 PM
    Well, I have tried Pandora and and Slacker. I loved Pandora, but the streaming sometimes got anoying.

I recently tried Slacker and I love it. It works a lot like Pandora, but once you have chosen your favorite stations (up to 25 and can be changed) it downloads those stations to your phone so you do not have to worry about the interuption from normal streaming music. Unlike Pandora (or at least I could not find it) Slacker also has stations set up - the most popular in different categories. So if you like Country let's say, there are like 3 stations in that category that you can choose. If you end up not liking them, just uncache them and replace it with something else.

You also have the same feature as Pandora where you can enter an artist name or song name to create a station based on that type of music. I think most of it is your preference. My fiance loves Pandora and I love Slacker.

As for lyrics, Pandora gives those to you and you have to upgrade Slacker to get those, but I honestly don't care. if I really wanted to know the lyrics, the internet is a button away.

Both of them can run into the background while you are doing other programs, which is nice.

I would just try them both out and see what one you like the best!

I'm having a hard time deciding what is the best program to use. Is it true that Pandora can't stream local stations? What is your favorite radio app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 06:26 AM
    One more thing I forgot...because Slacker cache's the music, it saves on the battery. Pandora dies after 4 hours of running. I don't know about Slacker, but I run it when I sleep and it is still going when I wake up. Constantly connecting to the internet suck up battery life.
    05-16-09 06:40 AM
    You guys don't feel that with Pandora your variety suffers. I mean, you put in the name of a singer or group and it seems on that station every other song is in fact, that group. I dunno, I'm gonna try slacker. Pandora does have excellent sound quality however.
    05-16-09 11:41 AM
    Well, I have tried Pandora and and Slacker. I loved Pandora, but the streaming sometimes got anoying.

I recently tried Slacker and I love it. It works a lot like Pandora, but once you have chosen your favorite stations (up to 25 and can be changed) it downloads those stations to your phone so you do not have to worry about the interuption from normal streaming music. Unlike Pandora (or at least I could not find it) Slacker also has stations set up - the most popular in different categories. So if you like Country let's say, there are like 3 stations in that category that you can choose. If you end up not liking them, just uncache them and replace it with something else.

You also have the same feature as Pandora where you can enter an artist name or song name to create a station based on that type of music. I think most of it is your preference. My fiance loves Pandora and I love Slacker.

As for lyrics, Pandora gives those to you and you have to upgrade Slacker to get those, but I honestly don't care. if I really wanted to know the lyrics, the internet is a button away.

Both of them can run into the background while you are doing other programs, which is nice.

I would just try them both out and see what one you like the best!

Great post btw.
    05-16-09 11:43 AM
    deff love slacker...i patched a headphone cord to my aux in on my cd player in my car and use it all the time!!!
    05-16-09 12:08 PM
    With a Storm OS 4.7.141, both Slacker and Pandora have started locking up the past few days. It's been about 2 weeks since I downloaded and started listening to each. Not happy with this - is anyone else having issues w/ OS 4.7.141? Seems like Slacker locks up just a little more than Pandora, but I do more switching with Slacker because there are more channels readily visible/available.
    05-16-09 03:17 PM
    With a Storm OS 4.7.141, both Slacker and Pandora have started locking up the past few days. It's been about 2 weeks since I downloaded and started listening to each. Not happy with this - is anyone else having issues w/ OS 4.7.141? Seems like Slacker locks up just a little more than Pandora, but I do more switching with Slacker because there are more channels readily visible/available.
    I have OS .141 with the 5.0 Java files and use pandora at work daily and it works fine. No lock-ups no nada
    05-16-09 04:02 PM
    I posted this in a similar thread a couple of weeks ago:

Ok, my review. I have been a huge Slacker fanboy since it became available for the Storm. Before Slacker, it was Moodio, so it wasn't hard becoming a Slacker fan. The big advantage Slacker has is the caching of stations. That I do like a lot. I've been doing a lot of travelling since switching jobs and must travel about 500 miles every weekend. I installed Pandora a couple of weeks ago when it became available, but wasn't impressed at all. Maybe by bad luck I was getting the station and then it would start buffering so I'd go back to Slacker. Well, those issues with Pandora seem to be over and I'm having great success with Pandora now. If there is one complaint about Pandora however, is the fact that if I pick "Metallica" as my favorite artist, every 4th song is Metallica. Foo Fighters, same thing, about every 4th song is a Foo Fighters song. Also I've noticed that the related artists all seem to be in the same rotation. For example, with Tool as my favorite - I get Rage Against the Machine, S.O.A.D. and Disturbed a lot. I wish there was more of a selection of artists.

Overall though, I do find Pandora is now my choice for listening to music and the audio quality is better in my car stereo than with Slacker. Slacker does have a much better selection of songs when you can cache, and the delay between songs is much quicker when cached vs. not cached on Slacker.

I must also mention iheartradio - its great for listening to my favorite stations back home when I'm at my new location, and I get to listen to the Penguins games with Mike Lange and Phil Bourke instead of whoever the announcers were for the Flyers, Capitals and now Carolina. iheartradio does buffer a lot though when driving.

Slacker - 3 of 5 stars
    Pandora - 4.5 of 5 stars
    iheartradio - 2.5 of 5 stars
    05-16-09 10:26 PM
    Is Pandora downloadable in Canada??
    10-03-09 12:51 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD