I'm having a hard time deciding what is the best program to use. Is it true that Pandora can't stream local stations? What is your favorite radio app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 02:13 PM
    i use pandora and slacker why not have them all there free...dont be memory scared, there are too many people on here concerned with it..imo its not that big of a deal do a batt pull in the morning on your way to work while your in line for a coffee and you'll be all set
    04-15-09 02:20 PM
    I'm having a hard time deciding what is the best program to use. Is it true that Pandora can't stream local stations? What is your favorite radio app?

Slacker and Pandora don't stream local stations, but iheartradio does. Slacker and Pandora are more like free music services that just play music, more like XM or Sirius.
    04-15-09 02:21 PM
    This ip the worst part of the mobile version we don't get to see sarahs beautiful smile

04-15-09 02:27 PM
    i use pandora and slacker why not have them all there free...dont be memory scared, there are too many people on here concerned with it..imo its not that big of a deal do a batt pull in the morning on your way to work while your in line for a coffee and you'll be all set
    Yeah I actually do have all three of them on my BB. I was just curious who liked what better.

Ps thank you

04-15-09 03:16 PM
    Slacker and Pandora don't stream local stations, but iheartradio does. Slacker and Pandora are more like free music services that just play music, more like XM or Sirius.
    Thank you for the tip!

04-15-09 03:16 PM
    I like how slacker is setup. But I really like what Pandora has to offer.
    04-15-09 03:19 PM
    I use the radio mostly for talk and news shows. Except for two comedy stations, slacker is all music, and I think Pandora is all music too.

Iheart radio is a subset of clear channel stations so at least there are some great talk stations - KFI in LA being one of them.

If skyfire will allow BB owners to listen to stations that broadcast via flash, then that will pretty much put an end to my need for 3rd party radio software.

I use Radiotime on my desktop but even their mobile version can't play flash.

Currently, Moodio.fm has several flash stations in their list. I don't know if they have access to a non-flash link for those stations that is not currently public information, or if they are rebroadcasting a flash link through their servers.
    04-15-09 03:25 PM
    So with Pandora, you have to create your own stations? Nothing pre-defined?
    04-15-09 03:34 PM
    Pandora. I had Slacker and iheartradio and dropped those two for Pandora for now.
    04-15-09 03:36 PM
    So with Pandora, you have to create your own stations? Nothing pre-defined?
    Kinda but not really.
    You put in a band name, say Metallica, and it will play songs by Metallica and bands in the same genre of Metallica like Iron Maiden or Pantera. I like it.
    04-15-09 03:52 PM
    Kinda but not really.
    You put in a band name, say Metallica, and it will play songs by Metallica and bands in the same genre of Metallica like Iron Maiden or Pantera. I like it.
    ok... so just like Slacker... but you can't cache the stations...
    04-15-09 04:31 PM
    iheartradio for local talk while i'm at work early and pandora for artist stations..
    04-15-09 05:27 PM
    Kinda but not really.
    And you can create multiple stations that way and do a "Quick Mix," which pulls from all your stations.
    04-15-09 05:43 PM
    I like slacker a lot, i just downloaded it cause i didnt know what the big deal was about it since everyone talked about it here...but it's a REALLY cool app. It keeps you updated with all the new songs too.
    04-15-09 05:44 PM

Got plenty of space for them all. Each one has a place for me.
    04-15-09 05:46 PM
    Slacker user here!
    04-15-09 06:11 PM
    I like Slacker the most. To me it has the best sound quality, I like Pandora for the song selection option, but I am not a big fan of Iheartradio
    04-15-09 06:16 PM
    I use iheartradio for local stations and pandora for a user made station. I think slacker and pandora are very similar. But in my opinion, pandora is a thousand times better than slacker.

04-15-09 06:54 PM
    I like Slacker the most. To me it has the best sound quality, I like Pandora for the song selection option, but I am not a big fan of Iheartradio
    ..I use all three; Slacker seems to have the best feature set, interface, and sound quality, but I already had a Pandora account set up at home. The sound quality issue is addressed on another thread.. for the most part I don't think it is noticeable through cheap headphones, but when using a wired connection to my home or car stereo the difference is much bigger.

I like iheartradio for radio.. talk, news, etc..

The missing choice from your list is FlyCast; I think it has a very UGLY user interface, but it does offer a much different choice of media than the other three. there is a review of it here:

BlackBerry Storm App of the Day: FlyCast Free Radio with 1200 Stations - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS
    04-15-09 07:28 PM
    What is a "batt pull"????
    04-15-09 08:32 PM
    I like slacker a lot, i just downloaded it cause i didnt know what the big deal was about it since everyone talked about it here...but it's a REALLY cool app. It keeps you updated with all the new songs too.
    I'm wid him.
    Slacker is coolishhh
    04-15-09 08:40 PM
    What is a "batt pull"????
    Taking the battery out. To reset your phone.
    It is mostly done after downloading apps.

if don't want to do this, just dowload "QuickPull"
    04-15-09 08:42 PM
    Why do you have to choose? All 3 of them are free. I use all of them depending on what I feel like listening to at the moment.
    04-15-09 08:45 PM
    Pandora Experience This may explain how pandora works
    04-15-09 08:47 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD