BoyGeniusReport just announced that pandora is now available for blackberry. I guess everyone but T-mobile can use it. Not sure why they can't though.

Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

Enjoy!

Edit: Storm version not out, I guess, but I am going to try the Bold version.
    Last edited by Rch1214; 03-18-09 at 05:21 PM.
    03-18-09 08:38 AM
    Damn it, its not working. Apparently it works on select phones for select carriers. It does say on the website more phones coming soon.
    I get a "uncaught java error" when trying to open it. I'm going to try to reboot and see if it works then.

Edit: I doesnt work for the storm. You can get the program to start up if you keep compatibility mode enabled but an error comes up saying "the phone is not supported."
    Last edited by Rch1214; 03-18-09 at 08:50 AM.
    03-18-09 08:43 AM
    Apparently it's a hit or miss situation. I have Pandora working (streaming right now) on my Alltel 8130 but it wont work on my brothers Alltel 8130. Its also working on my cousins Verizon curve but I'm not sure what model.
    03-18-09 09:05 AM
    It seems to be detecting BB's server in Canada and assuming that's where I am, too, and says that allowing me to use it would violate a license agreement.
    03-18-09 09:21 AM
    It seems to be detecting BB's server in Canada and assuming that's where I am, too, and says that allowing me to use it would violate a license agreement.
    I read the same things is happening to people in the US who are near the border. Weird!
    03-18-09 09:26 AM
    Just sent pandora support an email asking if and when a storm version will be available. I also asked why the service could not be used canada.
    If they get back to me I will keep the thread posted.
    03-18-09 09:34 AM
    Isnt this kind of like Slacker??
    03-18-09 09:52 AM
    it actually exactly like slacker, but some people believe that the song choice availability might be better with pandora. Plus its something new to try.
    03-18-09 10:23 AM
    Isnt this kind of like Slacker??
    Its better than Slacker, and I love Slacker. No commercials, waaaaay bigger library. Someone want to email Pandora and get the lowdown on the Storm release date?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 10:25 AM
    Its better than Slacker, and I love Slacker. No commercials, waaaaay bigger library. Someone want to email Pandora and get the lowdown on the Storm release date?

already email them about an hour ago but haven't received a response yet
    03-18-09 11:01 AM
    Rch1214 & musikmaker19

Thanks for the clarifications....Ill have to give this a shot!!
    03-18-09 11:05 AM
    thanks for this
    03-18-09 11:07 AM
    Just got word from Pandora about the storm...here is their response

Thanks very much for writing.

We're still working to bring Pandora to more Blackberry devices. If fact we would love to be on as many phones as possible. Since each version of Pandora software for a portable device needs to be separately developed and approved by the cell carrier, some are going take longer to build than others.

I don't know exactly when it will be available for the Storm but I would encourage you to stay tuned to our "On the Go" page ( Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music ) for updates.

As for not being available in Canada; we can actually only legally offer Pandora services to listeners within the United States at this time. Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses to accommodate them in other countries.

Thanks for listening in the meantime!

cheers-
    Tom K@ Pandora

So hopefully soon! but who knows
    03-18-09 05:07 PM
    Pandora's library doesn't even touch Slackers. I have both on my PC and only one constantly introduces me to new music....it ain't Pandora.

BTW- I'm not saying either one is bad, I really like both.
    03-18-09 05:24 PM
    I put in my phone number like hours ago and never recieved the download link yet?? Whats the deal?
    03-18-09 05:39 PM
    Slacker had app available very quickly ill stick with who supported us 'lowly' storm users MONTHS ago !!!

03-18-09 05:41 PM
    It only works for a few models and only on att, sprint, and verizon. Curve, Bold, and Pearl
    03-18-09 05:43 PM
    It seems like the app would work on the storm in compatibility mode, considering it actually loads up. However they got an OS/model/something check in place so it won't run. If that could be removed, I don't see why it would not work at least in compatibility mode.
    03-18-09 06:26 PM
    It seems like the app would work on the storm in compatibility mode, considering it actually loads up. However they got an OS/model/something check in place so it won't run. If that could be removed, I don't see why it would not work at least in compatibility mode.
    probably just stick with using slacker and waiting...doesn't seem worth it.
    03-18-09 07:49 PM
    I downloaded it to my storm, and it would ask if I was aware that this would take up a lot of memory, etc. and then when I tried to click "yes" it would just freeze. Might as well just wait for the Storm version to come out. It's a bummer they came out with this for every other model of BlackBerry except for ours.
    03-19-09 04:49 PM
    Finally got the link for the download a few minutes ago and downloaded it and its a no go for me!! Oh Wells
    03-19-09 05:56 PM
    I noticed that it was now available for BB earlier this morning, and saw that the Storm wasn't supported yet. Oh well. I've never tried Slacker, and I'm hesitant to start a new service up since I've been with Pandora so long... nothing against Slacker or Last.fm or any of those other services, I guess I'm just lazy. I'll wait for Pandora I think.
    03-20-09 12:03 PM
    Pandora doesn't work for the Storm. Disabling compatibility mode doesn't do anything, you just get an error that ur phone's not supported. Stick w/ Slacker imo.
    03-20-09 01:19 PM
    I was so excited for a minute there but you guys are right that it doesn't work for the Storm.

I like Pandora better than Slacker because I've already created a pretty substantial and good playlist on Pandora. I would've loved to switch over to Pandora and use my current playlist on there instead of creating a new one on Slacker.

Oh well, guess I'll wait and see if they'll eventually make it compatible with the Storm. =/
    03-23-09 07:45 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 with alltel and I went to the pandora website on my bb browser and downloaded pandora and it worked!
    06-24-09 04:56 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD