I know I should probably upgrade to a new phone, but I recently updated the software to enable my 8800 view videos, and it has work with YouTube and others. But I cannot get Pandora to work on my phone it tries connecting and testing the WAP2 connections and then the MDS connection and then i get an error message "Coul not connect to Pandora. Please ensure you have sufficient network coverage and try again" I have full coverage with EDGE TMobille. Does anyone know how to get this to work, is there a setting I have to do with my phone. What is WAP2 and MDS connections? Thanks,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 10:04 AM
    It may not be worth your effort. I have never gotten Pandora to work reliably on my Blackberry Bold, and believe you me I have spent many hours, many changes of OS version. I have wiped the blackberry down to nothing but an operating system and Pandora.

Oh, I can get the program to launch, but every five minutes or so it pauses for 20 seconds. It's not network lag, because Pandora on my PC never pauses, connected to the exact same network. Besides, if I click the trackball during the 20 second pause, the music will resume immediately. If it was network lag, clicking the trackball wouldn't instantly un-lag it.

I have spent many many hours, and my conclusion is that either Pandora won't run consistently on the Bold and most customers just chalk it up to network lag, or there is something about my specific Blackberry 9000 hardware that is different from everyone else's.

All I'm saying is you may want to measure the effort required for you to get Pandora to launch on your bb, against the possibility that it may never work right, even if you get it to launch.

-Charlie
    12-07-09 12:32 PM
    i goit the same thing with my bold. it has never worked. tried it all. i gave up. it never connects. but my co-worker has Bold as well and his works fine. who knows.
    01-29-10 07:41 AM
    Are you on BIS or BES?

It sounds like you are running on BES if you are trying to go over MDS (which should be a connection to your company's network).

I think Pandora works with BIS-B and TCP connections. Not sure about WAP, but I would doubt it would work over MDS unless your company opens up access.
    01-29-10 08:09 AM
    I know I should probably upgrade to a new phone, but I recently updated the software to enable my 8800 view videos, and it has work with YouTube and others. But I cannot get Pandora to work on my phone it tries connecting and testing the WAP2 connections and then the MDS connection and then i get an error message "Coul not connect to Pandora. Please ensure you have sufficient network coverage and try again" I have full coverage with EDGE TMobille. Does anyone know how to get this to work, is there a setting I have to do with my phone. What is WAP2 and MDS connections? Thanks,

I had this same problem with my 8320. I think it was a connection problem but it works perfectly on my bold.

01-29-10 08:30 AM
    I am having the same problem. In Toronto/Rogers on my Bold and BIS and getting the same error. Is this app worth the effort? Been dying for a good internet radio station.
    02-03-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD