04-08-10 07:27 PM
126 1234 ...
tools
    I wrote pandora when I first got my Curve and they wrote back right away, but I have never seen or receive any type of projected timeframe or even a real confirmation that an application is in the works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 10:03 AM
    If I could get Pandora and Shazam on my Curve my phone would then be PERFECT.
    12-07-08 10:38 AM
    I've actually talked to Pandora about the inability to use their system with Blackberry, and they seem to think there aren't enough Berry users to warrant the effort. They said that they're working on building apps for "less complex" phones, and phones that have a larger user base (?!?!?).
    Wow, they think that 21 million subscriber base is too small a target (that doesn't count in the others that buy it just for wifi only)

...Hello John

Each version of Pandora software for a portable device needs to be separately developed. Software for PDA devices like Blackberrys require extensive testing before they can be certified by the carriers. Unfortunately that means delays before Pandora will be available on them. We are working on it. I don't know how long it will be. I hope not too long.

Thanks for writing. We love feedback and we read absolutely everything!
    Yeah, sure. Every BB app is certified by the carrier
    that was a BS answer they gave you. Even Google Maps is not certified by most (if any) carriers. Hopefully they release it soon, though
    12-20-08 08:52 AM
    I second moodio.fm.

I just read about it on this thread, went to the site, added a few sites, changed quality to max (52k/s stereo aac) and then browse to the mobile site.

Easy and good quality.

Brandon
    BB Storm running .83
    01-07-09 08:18 PM
    Yeah, that was nice... started playing a station for about 30 seconds, then my curve crashed and reset... wonderfull.
    01-08-09 12:46 PM
    Check out flycast.fm. It's a new service and it works with the Blackberry.
    01-12-09 08:52 PM
    Or Slacker if you have O.S. 4.5 or higher.

here: Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations
    01-12-09 09:32 PM
    Or Slacker if you have O.S. 4.5 or higher.

here: Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations
    It works on 4.3 too. I've have flawless performance on it using my Sprint 8330 on 4.3.
    01-12-09 09:54 PM
    It works on 4.3 too. I've have flawless performance on it using my Sprint 8330 on 4.3.
    Ditto. Works great, provides some similar functionality to Pandora (as far as creating a station based on an artist), interface is pretty slick, and the ability to cache stations is pretty darned nifty.

This being said, if Pandora were to create a BB-compatible app, I would convert in a heartbeat.
    01-19-09 09:35 AM
    im over xplayer, i use slacker
    01-19-09 09:41 AM
    I've actually talked to Pandora about the inability to use their system with Blackberry, and they seem to think there aren't enough Berry users to warrant the effort. They said that they're working on building apps for "less complex" phones, and phones that have a larger user base (?!?!?).
    I contacted Pandora just the other day, and they had quite a different response: "Each version of Pandora software for a portable device needs to be separately developed and approved by the cell carrier. We're currently working to bring Pandora to more devices including the Blackberry.

I don't know exactly when it will be available but I would encourage you to stay tuned to our "On the Go" (www. pandora.com/on-the-go) for updates."
    01-19-09 05:20 PM
    Thanks for all the info in this Thread. I would simply like to ask Pandora to consider if the president has a Blackberry, with law exemptions for strictly personal use, he might long to synch the BB with his online Pandora account. Just a Thought.

Arizona Republic Article: www. azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2009/01/23/20090123obama-blackberry0123.html Obama is keeping his BlackBerry

NYTimes Pic of Obabma and his BB:
    http: //graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/11/16/us/politics/16blackberry_span.jpg
    01-23-09 01:09 PM
    Def Go For Slacker For Bb. It Works Great And Its A Sweet Looking App.
    01-23-09 02:55 PM
    Have:

Slacker
    Flycast
    BerryTunes (holdover from my 8830 days)

I use Slacker for some and Flycast for others. Come to think of it ... I don't use BerryTunes much anymore.
    01-23-09 03:59 PM
    Noo they need to make a Pandora app for T-mobile bb. I used pandora on my friends iPhone and I think that's the onl reason why I would pefer an iPhone rather then a BB, even though I'm madly in love with my curve.
    02-08-09 05:17 PM
    I use slacker and I'm liking it more and more everyday. My favorite option in that whole app must be "ban this artist", lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 06:30 PM
    If I could get Pandora and Shazam on my Curve my phone would then be PERFECT.
    Agreed!
    I had it on my iPhone and it was great in the car. I could charge my phone and listen to satt. like radio.
    02-10-09 07:20 PM
    I'm currently using the Slacker Radio app and it works pretty well. The only thing I don't like about it is that it stops every time I get an email. Does anyone know if there is data usage limits to using internet radio? I have Verizon and heard that there was a 5GB limit each month, which sounds like a lot, but if you stream music all day you could go way over. Help?
    02-20-09 01:02 PM
    I'm currently using the Slacker Radio app and it works pretty well. The only thing I don't like about it is that it stops every time I get an email. Does anyone know if there is data usage limits to using internet radio? I have Verizon and heard that there was a 5GB limit each month, which sounds like a lot, but if you stream music all day you could go way over. Help?
    My phone vib then makes a noise for emails and txts and if i don't catch the email or txt b4 my phone makes a noise then slacker stops playing music, but if i open the email or txt while vib'ing then the music doesn't stop. That might help. Good luck
    02-20-09 02:51 PM
    The 5gb limit is if you tether your phone; the BB data plans are unlimited, truly.

As for the music stopping, it only does that if its an audible tone. What I've heard of some people doing, and have tried myself, is turn the phone to vibrate and then there's no interruption.
    02-20-09 04:35 PM
    As for the music stopping, it only does that if its an audible tone. What I've heard of some people doing, and have tried myself, is turn the phone to vibrate and then there's no interruption.
    That is correct. Vibrate and the slacker keeps playing music.
    03-02-09 10:24 AM
    you can goto pandora's site, click on mobile at the top....

yup, curve is supported as well as the bold and the pearl... hope this helps
    03-18-09 08:19 AM
    Is there a direct download link for this? I entered my number on the site which said it would text me the download link. Haven't gotten it after 5 minutes, am I just being impatient?
    03-18-09 09:58 AM
    If you go to pandora.com/blackberry on your blackberry, it takes you to a mobile site to download it.
    03-18-09 10:01 AM
    If you go to pandora.com/blackberry on your blackberry, it takes you to a mobile site to download it.
    Thanks! I was using Opera so it was just taking me to the full version of the site. Downloading now.
    03-18-09 10:06 AM
126 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD