I uprgraded from .75 and i noticed today that when i get a text or an email while im using pandora instead of pausing and starting again after the text was recieved now it pauses then starts the song from the beginning. its not a huge deal but i was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem after doing the upgrade last night.
    04-23-09 03:23 PM
    Yeah, I know this happens to me all the time. Ill be jamming to a little strung out getting my swell on at the gym and then someone will text me and it starts the song over again and also my rep count...Its like I go back in time!

Try putting your phone on "all alerts off" and it will do the trick.

Its common i have heard other people complain about it as well.
    04-23-09 03:31 PM
    How do you guys feel about this app/sound quality?
    04-23-09 03:35 PM
    with pandora it is the same as slacker right now...if you receive txt, mms, email, call anything that has a ringtone set to it it will stop the song and then you have to restart from the beggining...that is like morales said to do all alerts off then the sound will keep going and you have the led to go by for new notification
    04-23-09 03:44 PM
    where do you find Pandora for you BB Storm?
    04-23-09 04:56 PM
    I uprgraded from .75 and i noticed today that when i get a text or an email while im using pandora instead of pausing and starting again after the text was recieved now it pauses then starts the song from the beginning. its not a huge deal but i was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem after doing the upgrade last night.
    Ya Pandora and Slacker do the same for me. Its not a huge deal, but it is a big deal or at least a medium sized deal. Sometime, I end up hearing the same song like 6 times as I get a new email or SMS then another new email...etc.
    04-23-09 05:07 PM
    Try putting the phone to vibrate or silent before you run the app. It solved my problems when songs would restart in slacker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 05:10 PM
    where do you find Pandora for you BB Storm?
    Pandora's website.

Mine sometimes paused and resumed, sometime paused and started over in .122.

I think this is a Pandora bug and nothing to do with the OS. It sometimes (usually) will restart the song if you manually pause and un-pause too.
    04-23-09 05:13 PM
    i found it and already listening on the BB Storm, real sweet. thanks!
    04-23-09 05:23 PM
    What does everyone prefer? Slacker or Pandora.

I heard that they stream different: slacker: in stereo and pandora is in mono.

sorry if there is something up already.
    04-23-09 06:03 PM
    For me, each has it's benefits.

Slacker: higher bit rate, cached stations and stereo
    Pandora: excellent interface, better personalizing of music tastes, and no audio ads

There are other differences, but these are the basics. I like both lol
    04-23-09 07:22 PM
    Ya, I wish the Pandora app had better audio quality. Hurts my ears listening to it... hard to go back to it after listening to slacker.
    04-23-09 07:48 PM
    pandora is also on the app store.....
    04-23-09 11:48 PM
    once I upgraded to .113 I had the same problem. I will try silent or vibrate though, hopefully that helps
    04-24-09 08:50 AM
    Usually putting it on silent does the trick. I hate when I'm about to hit the end of a song I really didn't want to listen to on slacker, then get a bbm or something in the last couple seconds. FAIL.
    04-24-09 05:24 PM
    If you turn only phone calls on it will not stop while playing unless you get a phone call.

I did notice something when I upgraded. I used to be able to play Pandora for a long time without issue. Now I get an error, but I cant remember what it is. Its java.something.something. Anyone know?

java.lang.error
    Last edited by somdfisher; 04-24-09 at 07:38 PM.
    04-24-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD