As you may have heard, we released 1.1.2 a few days ago for 5.0 devices (in time for the Storm 2!) and now we have completed testing on pre-5.0 devices and are making this release available for everyone. It is now live on our site and you can get it by going to http://www.pandora.com in your mobile browser (set to "BlackBerry" emulation mode, not Firefox or IE).

This version has been submitted to App World and will be available via App World once it has gone through the approval process.

UPDATE: this version has now been approved and should be available in App World

While most of the features in this release pertain to 5.0 API compatibility and new features available in 5.0, there are some general bug fixes and reliability enhancements for all devices. If you've ever had problems with the app hanging or crashing, especially on slower mobile connections, I encourage you to install this latest version and see if it improves your experience.

As always we're available to answer questions at [email protected]

Here are the release notes....

New Features in 1.1.2

* Compatibility with BlackBerry 5.0 firmware:
    - Support for hard or soft media key support on 5.0 devices
    - Support for media controls on wired and Bluetooth A2DP headsets
    - Ability to play/pause/skip and change volume when the app is backgrounded or screen is locked (even for older devices such as the Storm or Bold)
    - Improved scaling of album art

Bug Fixes:

* Fixes for application hanging and/or crashes on slow network connections
    * Possible to get two songs playing at the same time if you thumb down and skip at the same time

NOTE: on 5.0 devices such as the Storm 9530 that do not have dedicated media keys for "next", you can skip to the next track by holding down the VOL UP key. This also means that to turn the volume up you can no longer just hold down VOL UP (or you'll skip to the next track). Instead, click the VOL UP key quickly multiple times until you've reached your desired volume level. If you find that the VOL UP key is too sensitive and you keep skipping to the next song by accident, you can turn down the "Key Rate" in your device settings and it will be less sensitive.
    Last edited by MarcPandora; 11-04-09 at 06:05 PM.
    10-31-09 02:16 PM
    Great, thanks! I have a Bold and have experienced both of those "bugs" with 1.1.1.
    Downloading now.
    10-31-09 02:23 PM
    Thanks!

Love Pandora, especially when in the gym working out, and since the 1.1.1.1 upgrade had been getting the double song playing often.
    10-31-09 02:43 PM
    Awesome! Pandora has been one of my fave apps for a while and should be even better with this update. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 03:03 PM
    The new icon will take tim getting used to though. Haha

10-31-09 03:58 PM
    I do not have a new icon after the update. I do not see the difference. Maybe its just me. Love it anyway!

10-31-09 05:42 PM
    I do not have a new icon after the update. I do not see the difference. Maybe its just me. Love it anyway!

Really? Odd, the icon for me looks like the Precision icons.
    10-31-09 05:44 PM
    I don't see a new icon
    10-31-09 05:54 PM
    Should have did a battery pull before posting. See the new icon. Just wish that I could add songs or artist to stations via the blackberry and I wish there was caching! Now that will make me delete slacker forever. Even though I am thinking about it anyway.

10-31-09 05:55 PM
    I don't see a new icon
    Previous builds have used the "wireframe" type icon for 4.6 and higher OS versions, unless you installed from App World in which case we only had the old-style solid white and blue icon. So you may not see any change in the icon.

Should have did a battery pull before posting. See the new icon. Just wish that I could add songs or artist to stations via the blackberry and I wish there was caching! Now that will make me delete slacker forever. Even though I am thinking about it anyway.
    That feature is on the TODO list so you will probably see it show up - eventually.
    10-31-09 06:27 PM
    downloaded the new update, the icon changed (looked like marcpandora's) then i did a battery pull and it changed back to the original one before. checked my application and i do have 1.1.2 > no issue as long as pandora performs as it has, loving it

**oops** posted to fast lol, thx
    10-31-09 06:30 PM
    I think the "volume" issue sucks big time. Screw being able to skip songs with the rocker switch. Go back the way it was. You can always skip songs from the main screen, so why use the rocker switch on the Storm to switch song?
    10-31-09 09:48 PM
    I think the "volume" issue sucks big time. Screw being able to skip songs with the rocker switch. Go back the way it was. You can always skip songs from the main screen, so why use the rocker switch on the Storm to switch song?
    We've reported the sensitivity to RIM so hopefully they can address it in a future release of the 5.0 OS. Some people consider it convenient in that it lets you skip a song even when the app is running in the background or when your screen is locked.

You can make it a bit better by setting your "Key Rate" to Low but in the meantime we'll see if we can perhaps add an item to the Options menu that allows you to enable or disable the "skip by holding VOL UP key" feature.
    10-31-09 10:15 PM
    quick question -- how come everytime i try to start up my pandora app ; well when i try to create my account cause i dont have one yet but after im done filling out the signup it says creating account but then it says unexpected error occured network has been closed ; something like that . Idk whats wrong .

11-01-09 01:19 PM
    anyone having problems launching this new version from quicklaunch? when i select pandora, nothing happens. never had an issue launching my old pandora. i'm using quicklaunch v2.12.4
    11-01-09 10:13 PM
    quick question -- how come everytime i try to start up my pandora app ; well when i try to create my account cause i dont have one yet but after im done filling out the signup it says creating account but then it says unexpected error occured network has been closed ; something like that . Idk whats wrong .
    It could be a number of things, ranging from a missing or misconfigured APN, firewall rules, etc. If you email [email protected] they can walk you through some troubleshooting steps to figure out what the problem is and hopefully get you listening to music!
    11-01-09 11:55 PM
    Thanks for the update Marc!

Just wanted to add to the post above that even if Pandora's support helps you create your account from the device, I *highly* recommend visiting the full website to manage your account and stations anyway. That's where the real power of the music genome project is, and your stations will be much better if you add several seed examples to each of your stations. IMHO it drastically improves the Pandora experience.

11-02-09 01:08 AM
    It could be a number of things, ranging from a missing or misconfigured APN, firewall rules, etc. If you email [email protected] they can walk you through some troubleshooting steps to figure out what the problem is and hopefully get you listening to music!
    -- thankss ! i just emailed them

11-02-09 06:31 AM
    I love pandora, but I'm having a big problem. The songs pause when they near the end every time. When a song is within 10-25 seconds of the end it stops. I have to hit pause, then hit play to get it to finish.

Any suggestions?
    11-02-09 11:00 AM
    I love pandora, but I'm having a big problem. The songs pause when they near the end every time. When a song is within 10-25 seconds of the end it stops. I have to hit pause, then hit play to get it to finish.

Any suggestions?
    Can you verify that when you start up Pandora, the version on the dark grey splash screen says "1.1.2" at the top left? If you just installed the new version, you may want to do a battery pull to make sure it's completely installed (sometimes the device doesn't do a reset after installing an app when really it should)
    11-02-09 11:19 AM
    no I have 1.1.1 I just downloaded it yesterday and I'm pretty certain I did a pull. I'm doing one now to make sure.

EDIT
    Ok, did a batt pull and still no upgrades showing on app world. Shows 1.1.1.1, which I have.
    Last edited by natypes; 11-02-09 at 11:39 AM.
    11-02-09 11:30 AM
    no I have 1.1.1 I just downloaded it yesterday and I'm pretty certain I did a pull. I'm doing one now to make sure.

EDIT
    Ok, did a batt pull and still no upgrades showing on app world. Shows 1.1.1.1, which I have.
    The latest version hasn't been accepted by RIM for App World yet - the approval process takes some time. In the meantime, you can download the latest version (1.1.2) directly from Pandora's website by pointing your mobile browser to http://www.pandora.com
    11-02-09 12:58 PM
    ok thanks bud
    11-02-09 01:04 PM
    Just upgraded, song pausing at end fixed, like the new features.

Love Pandora. Thanks guys!!!

11-02-09 03:31 PM
    I have a curve 8310 and just updated to 1.1.2. I can't skip tracks by holding the volume key down like you said we should be able to do?

11-02-09 04:11 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD