As you may know, we released version 1.1.0 of Pandora for the BlackBerry last week and for most people it has been working great. However, for some devices (and even just some particular cell towers) there were networking problems resulting in hangs and/or HTTP 502 errors. We have since resolved this issue and have published an update.

Please upgrade to this version, even if you haven't been having issues, as there are a few other minor fixes included. If you upgrade to 1.1.1 and still experience issues, please feel free to write us at [email protected] or PM me on this message board. There is currently one outstanding issue that we're investigating which is that sometimes the application may hang (or even sometimes crash) when playing music over a very slow mobile connection. Until this specific issue is fixed, you may have better luck switching to "Normal" audio quality (from the Options menu) which uses a lower bitrate.

Download directly from your Mobile Browser:
    http://www.pandora.com

It may take a few days for this update to appear on App World.

Pandora 1.1.1 Release Notes

- Fixed HTTP 502 issue (and other networking-related issues such as the "connection closed" problem on the 8350i)
    - Fixed volume going to "full" after an audio system alert (phone, email, IM) on Storm
    - For listeners who use the low end of the volume scale, the jump from 3 bars to 4 bars isn't as jarring anymore
    Last edited by MarcPandora; 07-30-09 at 11:04 AM. Reason: adding link to 1.1.0 release notes
    07-29-09 05:36 PM
    awesome thanks. ill give it a try.
    07-29-09 11:48 PM
    I was getting plagued too, by the 502 error. It was a constant battle just to let me get on. Then once I did (if I did), after the first song, it'd stop playing.

I just downloaded 1.1.1, and so far everything seems to be smooth sailing. Thanks to the team for fixing it. I use Pandora daily, and this was an extreme disappointment when I got 1.1.0, cause I prefer using my phone to the computer. 1.1.1 fixed it right up.

Thanks!
    07-30-09 12:08 AM
    Is this version more stable than 1.0.3? Only prob I have is the hang ten seconds into a song. I'd have to skip or completely restart to work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 12:44 AM
    Is this version more stable than 1.0.3? Only prob I have is the hang ten seconds into a song. I'd have to skip or completely restart to work

What version of Pandora are you using that hangs 10 seconds into the song? I assume from your profile header you have an 8350i. We found that on certain Wi-Fi routers, the 8350i would hang on startup using 1.1.0 (while working fine on other Wi-Fi routers, go figure). Our fix for the HTTP 502 error in 1.1.1 seems to have fixed this, at least on our 8350i test device. I'd be interested to hear if it solves your hanging problem.

EDIT: sorry I re-read your profile and see that you're actually on a 8330M (must have seen Nextel and assumed 8350i). I'd still be interested to hear if 1.1.1 fixes your hanging problem. Are you running a leaked/beta OS? Sometimes those can cause problems, too.

Marc
    Last edited by MarcPandora; 07-30-09 at 12:54 AM.
    07-30-09 12:52 AM
    Any chance of getting Pandora to pause music when the headphones are unplugged?

Also, what about adding more artists to a station feed from the phone?

Love the app, keep up the great work!
    07-30-09 02:10 AM
    Hey I have an idea for a new patch. Unlimited skips .

07-30-09 02:35 AM
    I just noticed that when you're listening and you get an audible alert (an e-mail for instance) the song no longer starts over. The song pauses, your BB sounds the alert, and then continues the song right where it left off! This has been a big issue for a lot of people and I'm glad they finally fixed it.
    07-30-09 08:58 AM
    Hey I have an idea for a new patch. Unlimited skips .

I just noticed that when you're listening and you get an audible alert (an e-mail for instance) the song no longer starts over. The song pauses, your BB sounds the alert, and then continues the song right where it left off! This has been a big issue for a lot of people and I'm glad they finally fixed it.
    Yes, this issue has been fixed. Enjoy!

Marc
    07-30-09 09:06 AM

I have the same problem. I have to unplug/replug my headphones to get sound at the beginning of a new song. Other than that it is working great!
    ~~
    Storm 9530
    OS v4.7.0.151 (Platform 4.0.0.186)
    ~~
    07-30-09 09:19 AM
    I have the same problem. I have to unplug/replug my headphones to get sound at the beginning of a new song. Other than that it is working great!
    ~~
    Storm 9530
    OS v4.7.0.151 (Platform 4.0.0.186)
    ~~
    Seems to be doing the same thing after I get an email. :\
    07-30-09 09:31 AM
    Thanks for the heads up... I'll check it out after the reboot! I had been noticing the errors but figured it wasn't a common issue...
    07-30-09 09:38 AM
    Seems to be doing the same thing after I get an email. :\
    Ok, it has something to do with the blue tooth (BT). I noticed it was playing my next song and BT would pickup after an email notification as well. I disabled BT (inside pandora only) and it works fine!
    07-30-09 10:15 AM
    I am still getting the "Unexpected network error occurred: Out of memory error while applying your thumb up".
    07-30-09 10:29 AM
    Thank you so much for this! Pandora worked like a dream on my old curve, then once I got my storm I updated to 1.1.0 and had nothing but problems. So again, thank you!

07-30-09 10:49 AM
    I am still getting the "Unexpected network error occurred: Out of memory error while applying your thumb up".
    Are you by chance using 4.7.0.151 on your Storm? If so, there are known bugs in that firmware that causes out of memory errors with applications such as Pandora that make a lot of HTTP connections.

Marc
    07-30-09 10:54 AM
    Thanks. Works great on .130.
    07-30-09 10:57 AM
    Thanks for posting the update. I wasn't having any problems but DL'd anyways. Thanks again.

07-30-09 11:23 AM
    Are you by chance using 4.7.0.151 on your Storm? If so, there are known bugs in that firmware that causes out of memory errors with applications such as Pandora that make a lot of HTTP connections.

Marc
    Yes I am. My IT manager says this is fixed in .164 supposedly.
    I will trying running it and not doing any "Thumbs Up/Down" or "Skips" and see how it goes...
    Thanks
    07-30-09 12:16 PM
    Yes I am. My IT manager says this is fixed in .164 supposedly.
    I will trying running it and not doing any "Thumbs Up/Down" or "Skips" and see how it goes...
    Thanks
    Yes, RIM has reported this issue as fixed in .164 and later.
    07-30-09 12:18 PM
    Gotta say two things. First thanks for the update. Second thanks to Pandora for their participation in these forums and for being accessible to all of us with questions and concerns. This is how companies should interact with their end users if at all possible.
    07-30-09 02:57 PM
    ^ Seconded! Thanks for actually taking the time to fix glitches, even if only a very few experience them.

07-30-09 03:00 PM
    Thanks. I didnt even know there was an upgrade. Works great.
    07-31-09 11:35 AM
    Jus updated!thanx!

07-31-09 05:38 PM
    when i visit pandora.com on my storm there is no link to download the upgrade???? anyone know why and where i can get the upgrade? thank you
    You may need to change your BB Browser to run in BlackBerry 'Emulation Mode'. From your mobile browser select MENU -> Options -> Browser Configuration -> Emulation Mode and make sure it is set to "BlackBerry"

Marc
    07-31-09 07:00 PM
131 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD