is this the same version that is on app world right now?
    07-20-09 10:02 PM
    I am really diggin Pandora. So much that I switched it out and deleted Slacker

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 12:41 AM
    Don't we paid customers get better quality sound on desktop and app or just desktop version?

Thanks, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 01:30 AM
    is this the same version that is on app world right now?
    App World has now approved 1.1.0 so the latest version should be up there now.

Don't we paid customers get better quality sound on desktop and app or just desktop version?
    The 192kbit audio streams are currently only available on the desktop (in the Flash-based player as well as the standlone player).

Marc
    07-21-09 12:31 PM
    I keep getting an error when signing in "unexpected http error occurred: 502 while verifying username/password" I press "OK" and it says "signing in" and will just hang there. Any suggestions?
    07-21-09 02:22 PM
    One quick update on the networking issues - for those of you with Wi-Fi BlackBerries having problems -- try turning off Wi-Fi to see if that solves your problem. If it does, please send me the make and model number of your router. We've found at least one model of router (a Netopia) that is causing "connection closed" problems.

Marc
    I don't have enough posts to PM. But if I turn off wifi then open pandora it works. Then turn wifi back on and it continues to work. Verizon FIOS Actiontec M!424-WR. On the TMo Curve 8900.
    07-21-09 05:54 PM
    Well I use to think that Pandora kicked Slacker's a$$, but not since this update. Now I have no option but to pay if I want to listen for longer then a week. The 'lowest' volume setting is just as loud as before if not more so. And whenever I get a notification the volume goes to damn near max and blows my eardrums out. Slacker may drain the crap out of my Storm's battery but at least I won't be deaf.
    07-22-09 08:23 PM
    Well I use to think that Pandora kicked Slacker's a$$, but not since this update. Now I have no option but to pay if I want to listen for longer then a week. The 'lowest' volume setting is just as loud as before if not more so. And whenever I get a notification the volume goes to damn near max and blows my eardrums out. Slacker may drain the crap out of my Storm's battery but at least I won't be deaf.
    I'll have a look at the issue with the loud volume after a notification - it sounds like the device is not setting the volume to the correct level after resuming music. Can you let me know what version of the OS you are running on your device, so I can try to replicate it on my Storm?

As for the minimum volume setting being too loud, I'm afraid it's not actually possible to get any quieter than that. As of the 1.1.0 version of Pandora, the minimum volume (1 bar) equates to a volume setting of 5/100 using the BlackBerry audio APIs. Any lower than 5 and the device mutes the sound completely. There just isn't any lower (audible) volume possible. Is it possible to turn down the gain on the device you have plugged in to your BlackBerry?

Thanks,
    Marc
    07-23-09 12:15 AM
    I'll have a look at the issue with the loud volume after a notification - it sounds like the device is not setting the volume to the correct level after resuming music. Can you let me know what version of the OS you are running on your device, so I can try to replicate it on my Storm?

As for the minimum volume setting being too loud, I'm afraid it's not actually possible to get any quieter than that. As of the 1.1.0 version of Pandora, the minimum volume (1 bar) equates to a volume setting of 5/100 using the BlackBerry audio APIs. Any lower than 5 and the device mutes the sound completely. There just isn't any lower (audible) volume possible. Is it possible to turn down the gain on the device you have plugged in to your BlackBerry?

Thanks,
    Marc
    How does Slacker get it to turn down lower then? And I just use regular ear buds so they have no gain.

As for my Storm, it's nothing special. It's running Verizon's current OS, .148.
    07-23-09 12:35 PM
    Thanks for the share mate !
    07-23-09 12:42 PM
    I keep getting an error when signing in "unexpected http error occurred: 502 while verifying username/password" I press "OK" and it says "signing in" and will just hang there. Any suggestions?
    Any update on this issue by chance? Sometimes it will work but most of the time when i try opening Pandora I get this issue and it will not boot....getting kind of annoying...
    07-23-09 01:47 PM
    Any update on this issue by chance? Sometimes it will work but most of the time when i try opening Pandora I get this issue and it will not boot....getting kind of annoying...
    Yes, we've isolated the problem causing the 502 errors and are working as quickly as possible to test the fix. Rest assured I will update this forum as soon as we release a patch!

Marc
    07-23-09 04:16 PM
    Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply.
    07-23-09 04:47 PM
    good to hear it, i've been wondering why pandora doesn't work on wifi after the update D:
    07-24-09 06:22 PM
    Well today I decided to download both Slacker and Pandora to see which features/sound quality I preferred.

I will just say this.......THERE IS NO COMPARISON WHATSOEVER. I didn't really get into stations, song options, features, etc....

BUT, I willl say this........

Pandora sounds WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better in my vehicle, earphones, home~~!
    07-26-09 06:45 PM
    I have both Slacker and Pandora on my Storm, and I agree that Pandora sounds way better than Slacker. However, many times I am in the car and in areas where I am out of network...the ability to save my stations to my memory card is a great feature for my use. Both are great Applications for the Storm!
    07-26-09 07:41 PM
    I have both Slacker and Pandora on my Storm, and I agree that Pandora sounds way better than Slacker. However, many times I am in the car and in areas where I am out of network...the ability to save my stations to my memory card is a great feature for my use. Both are great Applications for the Storm!
    So the ability to save stations to the memory card is a feature of Slacker I'm guessing? Stupid question, so it saves the stations to your card... does it play the songs when you are out of service range?
    07-27-09 09:51 AM
    has pandora just started putting advertisements on the screen ? or has it always been that way.

I downloaded it a few days ago and I didnt get any ads until just yesterday...kinda annoying.
    07-27-09 10:47 AM
    has pandora just started putting advertisements on the screen ? or has it always been that way.

I downloaded it a few days ago and I didnt get any ads until just yesterday...kinda annoying.
    They may come and go based on the timing of various advertising campaigns. The easiest way to get rid of them for good is to upgrade to Pandora One

Marc
    07-27-09 10:58 AM
    do the errors talked about on this thread happen if you have the pay version of pandora? because as of right now i have been going to slacker because i get the 502 and thump error so much.
    07-28-09 02:17 AM
    do the errors talked about on this thread happen if you have the pay version of pandora? because as of right now i have been going to slacker because i get the 502 and thump error so much.
    No, it is networking related - so changing your account status will not have an effect. If you can hold out a bit longer we should have our fix tested and ready to roll out very soon.

Marc
    07-28-09 02:21 AM
    No, it is networking related - so changing your account status will not have an effect. If you can hold out a bit longer we should have our fix tested and ready to roll out very soon.

Marc
    ok thanks for the fast reply. ive gotten all my friends on pandora so hopefully they fix it.
    07-28-09 09:19 AM
    I haven't been checking up on the news. I just got the new update. Awesome, fixes the problem I had before. Pandora is awesome.
    07-28-09 09:54 AM
    They may come and go based on the timing of various advertising campaigns. The easiest way to get rid of them for good is to upgrade to Pandora One

Marc
    Nice Upselling ! lol

I actually did upgrade yesterday to Pandora One...not only to get rid of the ads, but to get the desktop app and higher quality audio.

Great product !! Thanks Guys.
    07-28-09 12:02 PM
    Nice Upselling ! lol

I actually did upgrade yesterday to Pandora One...not only to get rid of the ads, but to get the desktop app and higher quality audio.

Great product !! Thanks Guys.
    hey i like his honestly though. makes me want to stay with them.
    07-28-09 04:51 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD