Downloaded and installed 1.1.0 and it was working great for about an hour.

I am now getting:

I am on a VZW Storm running .151. Available memory is almost 40MB which is pretty much normal for this software version. Rebooting it now to see if that clears it.

Any thoughts?
    This is a known bug with .151 - I suggest reverting back to .148 or earlier. There's nothing we can do to fix it in our app.

Marc
    07-16-09 11:43 AM
    thanks for the quick reply... I will mull that over as I am really, really happy with 151.

dave
    07-16-09 11:52 AM
    Any idea at all if Pandora will EVER be available to stream in Canada again? I fell in love with the program on my computer years ago before Pandora abruptly cut me off. I would really love to see Pandora here again, you used to be, and I don't understand how Canada's music laws are stricter than USA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 03:02 PM
    Any idea at all if Pandora will EVER be available to stream in Canada again? I fell in love with the program on my computer years ago before Pandora abruptly cut me off. I would really love to see Pandora here again, you used to be, and I don't understand how Canada's music laws are stricter than USA

The one thing that the US has which no other country has is the DMCA, which makes it much easier for Internet Radio companies such as Pandora to pay out royalties without having to negotiate individual deals with every single label. There's a bit more information about this on the FAQ: FAQ
    07-16-09 03:05 PM
    Wonderful app update! I've not run into any problems downloading and using so far. Thanks!!
    07-17-09 05:35 AM
    Great update - I'm also glad to see this version has eliminated the problems that occurred while trying to use Bluetooth headsets. This may be just what moves me away from Slacker. It just seems to take so long to load up. Great job, Pandora!
    07-17-09 05:56 AM
    I had been using both Slacker and Pandora on my curve, one thing that bothered me on my curve was the bluetooth quality in Pandora. So when I went to my storm, bluetooth was much better but the Stereo quality now sucked !!
    I am thrilled to say that this latest version is Super! sound quality ROCKS and the use is easy! thanks for making my Storm that much Better!!
    07-17-09 07:15 AM
    I keep getting the error message saying "Unexpected network error occured: Connection closed while retrieving station list" while on WIFI but when set on the EDGE network, there are no errors. And yes I uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora 1.1.0 and I'm still having the same errors
    I am having these exact issues on my 8900! would love to listen on wifi!

any ideas on a fix for this?
    07-19-09 10:06 PM
    I am having these exact issues on my 8900! would love to listen on wifi!

any ideas on a fix for this?
    We may have a resolution to this soon - I'll update this thread when we do. Thanks for your patience!

Marc
    07-19-09 10:09 PM
    Since upgrading mine now plays noise instead of the music. Static is the best description I can think of for it, but it is different than static. (hard to explain)

Also I have gotten the following message a couple of times as well.

Unexpected http error occurred: 502 while retrieving station list.

BTW,,any way to get a link to the previous version so people with problems can downgrade for now?
    07-20-09 12:44 AM
    Since upgrading mine now plays noise instead of the music. Static is the best description I can think of for it, but it is different than static. (hard to explain)
    We've had a couple of similar reports from other listeners, but both of them were using a Curve 8310. From your post header, it looks like you're using an 8330m - is that correct? Can you let me know what version of the BlackBerry OS you are running?

Thanks,
    Marc
    07-20-09 12:48 AM
    We've had a couple of similar reports from other listeners, but both of them were using a Curve 8310. From your post header, it looks like you're using an 8330m - is that correct? Can you let me know what version of the BlackBerry OS you are running?

Thanks,
    Marc
    yeah it's the 8330m with 4.5.0.138.
    07-20-09 12:52 AM
    When songs first start playing, they're a bit staticy for the first few (maybe 10-20) seconds, then it plays normally. I'm on an 8310 running 4.5.0.161 (254). Any ideas? Other than that, great app!

Edit: *sigh* Sorry, scratch that. Its my speaker. Looks like I need to return my phone to ATT AGAIN. Awesome app man, this is on my #1

Last edited by Entrical; 07-20-09 at 02:09 AM.
    07-20-09 02:01 AM
    The upgraded audio streams sound great, thanks a ton!

Just a couple of feature requests:
    Pausing audio playback when headphones are unplugged.
    The ability to add another artist to my station from the phone, instead of having to go to the site.

Keep up the great work guys, this is by far my most used Blackberry application.
    07-20-09 03:45 AM
    The upgraded audio streams sound great, thanks a ton!

Just a couple of feature requests:
    Pausing audio playback when headphones are unplugged.
    The ability to add another artist to my station from the phone, instead of having to go to the site.

Keep up the great work guys, this is by far my most used Blackberry application.
    Is your 8330 an M model? Since that subtle difference seems to affect OS upgrades, it might have something different that could be affecting this app for me.

I am still having issues even though Marc has been extremely helpful in trouble shooting via emails.
    07-20-09 04:10 AM
    Alright, so I went to the site to download it and install, but when I got there, it said that the pandora server said that my IP address indicated that I was in NORWAY and that they only allow US subscribers to download and use the app. I'm definitely in the US!! WTF?

07-20-09 07:38 AM
    I have a Bold on OS .266. I DL'd the program fine. All exceptions are on "allow", but when I open it, it sticks on the Pandora Internet Radio page and when I click the BB Menu button or trackball. My only options are close/shutdown Pandora. I have DL's 2 or 3 times with the same results and have done multiple batt pulls. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Blacklac; 07-20-09 at 08:43 AM.
    07-20-09 08:16 AM
    Worked fine for a day. Now when I launch it I get:
    Unexpected network error occurred: Failed to open UDP socket while checking licensing
    Have to bat. pull to get it to launch again.

Other than that, I love it!
    07-20-09 11:10 AM
    the pandora server said that my IP address indicated that I was in NORWAY and that they only allow US subscribers to download and use the app. I'm definitely in the US!! WTF?
    I bet you were using Opera Mini for download. It operates through a proxy in Europe. Try the internal browser and it'll download just fine.

07-20-09 11:49 AM
    Just wanted to let you guys know that we're testing a fix for some of the hanging or other networking-related issues. I'll post an update once I have more information. Thanks for your patience!

Marc
    07-20-09 12:20 PM
    Just wanted to let you guys know that we're testing a fix for some of the hanging or other networking-related issues. I'll post an update once I have more information. Thanks for your patience!

Marc
    Great, Thanks Marc!
    07-20-09 12:42 PM
    I got the sound recorded my 8330 is making, for anyone else that may be experiencing this as well.

http://passtheax.com/8330noise.wav

Just for added info, in case anyone can suggest anything.

Slacker Radio, Sprint TV or anything else I try plays fine. The only thing that causes this is Pandora and a test audio clip Marc sent me. The volume of the noise remains constant, regardless of device volume level. It also comes through the speaker and headphones. (don't have a way to test bluetooth) and I am not using wifi.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome, I miss Pandora.
    07-20-09 02:20 PM
    One quick update on the networking issues - for those of you with Wi-Fi BlackBerries having problems -- try turning off Wi-Fi to see if that solves your problem. If it does, please send me the make and model number of your router. We've found at least one model of router (a Netopia) that is causing "connection closed" problems.

Marc
    07-20-09 05:21 PM
    Ok, scratch my last comment. The crackling sound only happens when using pandora with the speaker. With headphones its perfect, and my speaker doesn't make any crackling sounds when listening to iheartradio, mp3's on my sd card or ringtones. What could be the problem?

4.5.0.254 8310, 28mb free

07-20-09 07:36 PM
    Thanks for the update...I LOVE Pandora!!!
    07-20-09 09:05 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD