mine says "could not connect to pandora. please ensure you have sufficient network coverage and try again" but have UMA at full bar!
    04-30-09 11:35 AM
    Verizion said even on the BB unlimited plan you will be charged for streaming!
    Pretty sure that's wrong!
    04-30-09 11:55 AM
    I'd double check with Verizon if I were you. We have a lot of people using the BB unlimited data plan with no problems. Pandora uses regular HTTP for data transfer, so I don't know why they would have told you it's not covered by the unlimited plan. I'd call again and talk to another person.

Marc @ Pandora
    04-30-09 12:08 PM
    Not working on OS 5.0.0.90, unfortunately. Installed, rebooted, and ran app =

�Error starting pandora $2dradio: Module �pandora $2dradio-1′ attempts to access a secure API.�

This is weird considering 1.02 worked just fine FOR ME on OS 5. Hopefully they will address this incompatibility soon!

Seriously, we need a new leak of OS 5. The fuzzy fonts and multi-app incompatibilities are getting old.
    04-30-09 04:56 PM
    That's just straight up misinformation and you probably misunderstood.
    04-30-09 05:02 PM
    Add my vote for station selection at startup!

+1 for the request below. I wish there was a setting that would say "Play last station on startup: Y/N" where if "N" it will simply start Pandora into the my stations list and wait for station selection.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 10:42 AM

Here also - and Stereo. I'm not giving up, or dumping Slacker until that!
    05-01-09 10:57 AM
    Marc;
    Great, just loaded and using now. I can not adjust volume unless I have Pandora on the screen. Any fixes for that?
    05-01-09 11:39 AM
    Marc;
    Great, just loaded and using now. I can not adjust volume unless I have Pandora on the screen. Any fixes for that?
    Nope - sorry. The "mute" button is the only one that works when the app is running in the background. Believe me - I've tried!

Marc @ Pandora
    05-01-09 01:30 PM
    I can't get Pandora working for the life of me on my Pearl 8100 v4.5.0.124!!

No matter how many bars I've got, I get a message stating, "Could not connect to Pandora. Please ensure you have sufficient network coverage and try again."

I have Pandora 1.0.2 installed. Should I reinstall?
    05-01-09 01:49 PM
    This is weird considering 1.02 worked just fine FOR ME on OS 5.
    Are you sure? Every account I've read so far said that 1.0.2 broke Pandora on 5.0 and users had to revert to 1.0.1 to make it work again. This was easily done though, as the App Store gave 1.0.1 as the latest available version if you went there with 5.0. The Pandora site offered 1.0.2 which seemed not to work for any 5.0 users (including me).

If you really were able to get it working, perhaps there's something that users could do to fix that version and this one too, but I have no idea what it would be. Guess I'll go digging through 5.0 alx files tonight.

05-01-09 02:09 PM
    This really would be nice. Is there a way to choose which stations go in your QuickMix from the mobile version? There didn't seem to be last time I checked using 1.0.1.

05-01-09 02:11 PM
    Are you sure? Every account I've read so far said that 1.0.2 broke Pandora on 5.0 and users had to revert to 1.0.1 to make it work again. This was easily done though, as the App Store gave 1.0.1 as the latest available version if you went there with 5.0. The Pandora site offered 1.0.2 which seemed not to work for any 5.0 users (including me).

If you really were able to get it working, perhaps there's something that users could do to fix that version and this one too, but I have no idea what it would be. Guess I'll go digging through 5.0 alx files tonight.

100% positive. i had it installed on my device while using 4.6.0.266 - in fact, i installed it about a week ago (it being 1.0.2). when i upgraded to OS 5, i simply let the DM do the whole backup/restore and it carried over my apps. and the day that 1.0.3 came out, i downloaded and got the message asking me if i wanted to replace 1.0.2 with 1.0.3. and, yes, i had been using 1.0.2 successfully on OS 5 for at least 3 days with zero problems.

i always download from pandora.com as well, insuring that i would not have recently even had access to 1.0.2.
    05-01-09 02:53 PM
    This really would be nice. Is there a way to choose which stations go in your QuickMix from the mobile version? There didn't seem to be last time I checked using 1.0.1.

Nope - to edit your QuickMix you still need to use the browser-based version of Pandora on a computer.

As for the 5.0 works/doesn't work debate, some people such as yourself have reported that it doesn't work on a certain 5.0 build, whereas I have heard reports of users on "hybrid" 5.0 builds on Storm that do have success with Pandora 1.0.3. So I suspect it has more to do with the "beta/unreleased/still-a-bit-buggy" nature of using a pre-release operating system.

Marc @ Pandora
    05-01-09 05:54 PM
    I can't get Pandora working for the life of me on my Pearl 8100 v4.5.0.124!!

No matter how many bars I've got, I get a message stating, "Could not connect to Pandora. Please ensure you have sufficient network coverage and try again."

I have Pandora 1.0.2 installed. Should I reinstall?
    You should install the latest version, 1.0.3, by going to www.pandora.com on your BlackBerry browser. If you are still getting the same error message, email [email protected] and they will walk you through some troubleshooting steps.

Marc @ Pandora
    05-01-09 05:56 PM
    I just installed Pandora app and everytime I click on Pandora icon it testing different connections ..like wifi and after like 10 second I got this "Could not connect to pandora. Please ensure you have sufficient network coverage and try again"

What I have/did
    T-mobile
    my OS v4.5.0.124
    Pandora v1.0.3
    1) I set up Blackberry wifi with my router
    2) I set up T-mobile TCP for: wap.voicestream.com
    3) I set permissions for pandora to Allow
    3) I can go to any sites using miniOpera browser
    4) I can listen to radio using "m.moodio.fm" without any problems

why I can listen Pandora radio???
    Last edited by hyperx; 05-01-09 at 11:18 PM.
    05-01-09 11:12 PM
    do you have a blackberry data plan? i believe you need one to listen to pandora.
    05-01-09 11:30 PM
    no, I don't have blackberry data plan.
    but I do Wi-Fi(in my home). pandora version 1.0.3 supposed to support wi-fi.
    05-01-09 11:40 PM
    When I go to the site to download, I get a message that says "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" Any ideas?

Sorry if this was already addressed. I didn't look through the thread completely
    05-01-09 11:48 PM
    Go under the options screen (from the station list) and be sure you have WiFi set to "wifi only." It won't access it through a data connection then. That may be what it's trying to do if you don't have it set this way.

That's the only thing I can think of anyway.

05-02-09 12:48 AM
    thanks, I tried that but no go, still got message
    "Could not connect to pandora. Please ensure you have sufficient network coverage and try again"
    05-02-09 01:40 AM
    Normally, you can use Pandora fine over Wi-Fi even when your mobile connection is turned off or not available. However, just today we discovered a flaw that prevents the initial setup of Pandora over "Wi-Fi only". So basically you do need a mobile connection (and data plan) to run Pandora on the BlackBerry for the first time. However, after that it's possible to run it over Wi-Fi only, even after Pandora is shut down and restarted. This will be fixed in our next point release. We have receive a few other reports of this, so you aren't the only one who uses a BlackBerry without a data plan.

When I go to the site to download, I get a message that says "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" Any ideas?

Sorry if this was already addressed. I didn't look through the thread completely
    You may need to change your BlackBerry Browser to run in "BlackBerry" emulation mode. From your web browser select MENU -> Options -> Browser Configuration -> Emulation Mode and make sure it's set to "BlackBerry"

Marc @ Pandora
    05-02-09 02:02 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I do not have a data plan and do use wifi only. I have 1.0.3 but can't run it since the first time you run it you can't set the options.

When it loads I get the message: "Got APN via wifi...testing". But no luck. I can't wait for the new release Marc. I use Pandora from my desktop all the time.

Thanks.
    05-02-09 06:59 AM

You may need to change your BlackBerry Browser to run in "BlackBerry" emulation mode. From your web browser select MENU -> Options -> Browser Configuration -> Emulation Mode and make sure it's set to "BlackBerry"

Marc @ Pandora
    Great. That worked. Someday BB will get smart and use a better browser so this isn't an issue.
    05-02-09 09:54 AM
    thanks Marc for quick responce, can't wait for new release of pandora.
    05-02-09 04:26 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD