Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to Crackberry but I decided to write this short little article to go over how to configure Palringo (and go over what it is)...

Whats Palringo?

It is an IM client where you can connect to MSN, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, GoogleTalk, Jabber and Gadu-Gadu. This is a FREE application!. You dont have to pay like Mundu, IM+, JiveTalk or others.

Where do I get this free software?

Palringo Vocal IM

You are going to need to download the Windows version for your desktop and the mobile version obviously. It will ask you for a mobile # when downloading the mobile version so you can do this OTA (Over the Air).

Ok now what? I'm confused...

Several things need to happen now.
    1)Open an account (which is free and just asks for a user name/password and email) on palringo.com
    2)Obviously, if you haven't done soo yet, download the client for your mobile phone
    3)Configure the client for your mobile device. Just like using opera mini, you need to set up the TCP/APN for your phone. Palringo already set up a forum post (Share you mobile connection settings - Palringo Forums) which allows this program to connect to your mobile carrier (I.E TMobile, Cingular..ect)

When you find the correct connection setting for your device go to

Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP

Go ahead and enter your information as needed there that is shown in the forum post

After that, you should be able to connect on your BlackBerry to Palringo.

I can't add services when I log in on my mobile device

This is currently a bug on some users BlackBerry's, which is solved by downloading the Palringo IM program for windows, logging in there and then adding the services you need on the Windows machine. All changes made in Windows show on your BlackBerry after you log out and log back in...

I know this is long winded, but this is meant for new users to the BlackBerry... and I hope this helps
    05-31-08 08:30 AM
    great info. thank you
    05-31-08 08:37 PM
    Sticky!
    06-02-08 04:07 PM
    Good post. The new version 0.7 of the java application allows you to add services directly from your berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 01:35 PM
    Does anyone know if Palringo supports Wi-Fi?
    06-07-08 01:40 PM
    Has anybody figured out the problem with palringo not connecting? My apn settings are correct and I have web messenger and it works fine, I don't know why this app doesn't work, seems like a nice app
    06-08-08 04:43 PM
    Has anybody figured out the problem with palringo not connecting? My apn settings are correct and I have web messenger and it works fine, I don't know why this app doesn't work, seems like a nice app
    If your on tmobile (like me) you are using wap.voicestreat.com?

If that doesnt work try one of two things

1)send your service books
    2)turn wifi off
    3)...if none of these other work, battery pull it baby

As for Wi-Fi working (the post above).. I was using this application in my house where I have my UMA (Wi-Fi network) set up and it was working fine.

Any other questions post them here.

Thanks
    06-15-08 08:58 AM
    Hi. I'm completely new bberry user and I was just wondering if u can help me. I've downloaded parlingo on my 8900 but every time I put my account name and password it wouldnt let me log in. It just shows ,,logging in'' all the time. cheers for any help at all. my bberry is on orange uk by the way.
    Last edited by mtokarski; 01-09-09 at 04:39 PM.
    01-09-09 04:36 PM
    I don't think wifi works as I have data disabled and palringo refused to work.

---EDIT

Found it. Wifi does indeed NOT work. Though they are working on it.

Wifi?!?! - Palringo Forums
    Last edited by Soloman02; 01-09-09 at 08:32 PM.
    01-09-09 08:14 PM
    does parlingo work with BB Msgr? Can you combine all your IM's to this one app
    05-23-09 11:29 PM
    I downloaded the app for my samsung impression since it was one of the phones listed on the download site and yet when I try to log into it it keeps saying logging in and that is all. any ideas?
    07-08-10 10:46 AM
    hi there, i have got a bb torch, i dont bis ......how can i use palringo.....plz suggest....i dont want to use it with wifi.....i want to use it with gprs
    11-06-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD