Am i the only one that notices palringo is the only application that logs you out of facebook (weither it be the blackberry app getting status updates or the website) to allow you to use the chat.. and then if you log into the website or get status updates from teh blackberry app it logs you out of palringo?
    Also i cant get it to save my username and password... tried their website recommendation to login adn then exit via the menu to save the settings but when i log back in the remember me and remember password box are unchecked so if i sign in it automatically removes my username and password the next time i start it up....

Just wondering if any other apps might not do this cause it gets a little annoying.. but the facebook logout and the not saving username and password...
    04-22-09 07:41 AM
    with it bein the facebook chat its goin to log u out of the site bro cuz its goin to go off the server and also palringo just added facebook so let them work out the stuff with it also they should be some fix's in new version coming

if not go to ebuddy or the beta of beejive from what i hear
    04-22-09 09:46 AM
    I noticed tht JiveTalk also logs you out of Facebook. I am guessing this is so that the FB servers know you can't accept chat conversations anymore.
    04-22-09 09:46 AM
    This is strange though because Ebuddy, Meebo, and some of the others do not log you out of the website.. what i think they are doing is instead of creating a client-server relationship with facebook they are just using the interface of the website and scrapping the information and then displaying the scrapped information.. on ebuddy if you are talking to someone on facebook and you have the facebook website open, when you type on your ebuddy screen and send you actually see your name and the message appear in the chat conversation on facebook... same with meebo

It is more of the issue with teh blackberry app.. if you update information with the new app it will log out of palringo and then you hav eto exit palringo and start it again to connect due to a bug that it wont reconnect...

didn't know palringo JUST got facebook.. makes more sense and i will let them have time to fix the bugs then... thanks for the info
    04-22-09 09:52 AM
    no prob....numus lol and and i had the login prob i created a new account and was fine saved my info so not sure on that
    04-22-09 09:58 AM
    no prob....numus lol and and i had the login prob i created a new account and was fine saved my info so not sure on that
    I will look into making a new login..
    04-22-09 10:02 AM
    also did u try and remove the app and install it again and see if it logs it?
    04-22-09 10:03 AM
    also did u try and remove the app and install it again and see if it logs it?
    Nope.. will try that also
    04-22-09 10:37 AM
    Reinstalled and created a new account.. seems to be saving my login information now... but everytime i connect it sends me the 6 messages from support... not sure if that is a glitch or what but i will deal with that since i dont need to input username and password everytime now... thanks for the tips.. this is a really great facebook message program.. i just like AIM to be seperated out so probably going to keep AIM as is and use this just for facebook and maybe msn
    04-22-09 11:27 AM
    just remove the support contacts lol
    04-22-09 11:28 AM
    Hahaha.. that is so simple.. it might actually work!!!!

Now all they gotta do is make this thing notify you outside the program (and sound) when someone messages you and it is golden..
    04-22-09 12:00 PM
    yea they are workin on adding the profiles with sounds so u can change it from the default option they have of a beep and to turn it off and on, cuz beta tester for them so
    04-22-09 12:04 PM
    Well.. i deleted the contacts.. AND THEY CAME BACK!
    atleast i didnt get the 6 messages from support again..
    04-22-09 12:16 PM
    hmm mine didnt i only had 2 the bot and i cant rem the other and once i removed them i signed out and waited a min closed it program opened it and signed in and they was gone
    04-22-09 12:24 PM
    hmm mine didnt i only had 2 the bot and i cant rem the other and once i removed them i signed out and waited a min closed it program opened it and signed in and they was gone
    Ehh still is saving my username and password so i am not going to attempt to "fix" it again...
    but i am not the only one with the connection lost.. reestablishing and it never reconnects correct?
    04-22-09 01:14 PM
    yea that is a prob for some user's they are working to fix that in next version we hope
    04-22-09 01:26 PM
    yea that is a prob for some user's they are working to fix that in next version we hope
    Any idea when that might be?
    04-22-09 02:30 PM
    Any idea when that might be?
    as soon as a beta gets done i will be testing it and i will post back on if its fixed
    04-22-09 02:53 PM
    mine keeps telling me my login and password are wrong...is the login and password just your email address and password to facebook?
    05-28-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD