I recently moved over from a Palm, and generally love my new Curve 8320. I am trying to find replacements for my essential apps I relied on. Here are some that I'm having trouble finding:

SmartlistToGo - or any roll-your-own type of database program (not a checklist program). Even an online equivalent might be good.

Holidays - a birthday and important event reminder program. Again, an online equivalent might be ok.

Tapsmart Keylink - being able to enter large amounts of data on my laptop is much more effective than directly on the device.

Any way to quickly add notes and thoughts to my BB. On the palm I greatly relied on notepad to add things with my own handwriting since the memopad was not fast enough.

Any help and direction is appreciated.
    03-14-09 08:52 AM
    I did find Handbase version for BB.

Still searching for other replacements.
    04-09-09 07:13 AM
    Yep, HanDBase is great.

SplashShopper can help with lists.

Holidays? This may help: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/imp...calender-3631/
    04-09-09 07:34 AM
    When I had a Palm, I purchased a full-sized IR keyboard. Now that I have a full QWERTY keyboard, that is less of a need, but I have flirted with the idea of getting a bluetooth keyboard.

I am not aware of a Taplink alternative for BB, but I am far from infallible.
    04-09-09 07:41 AM
    Found Datepedia for Holidays replacement, a birthday and important event reminder program.

http mobatech dot com Mobatech - Mobile Phone Applications

Still searching for a quick way to enter text in -- the Notepad feature was great as a sticky note type of replacement. I may have to try out the voice to text type of app.
    04-29-09 05:12 PM
    An app that can backup to SD would be nice also! I have two on my Palm TX and they are a lifesaver!!
    04-29-09 05:19 PM
    Backing up to SD, like what's available for the TX, would be very nice, but it seems like an architectural challenge for the BB. Either that, or it's a very difficult thing to do, based on no utilities that do that today.
    04-30-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD