HI!

Im kinda new in the BB world (the 9780 is my first BB phone, and i own it since a month more or less).

Well, the objective of this thread is to know, from you, BB Gurus, which are the MUST HAVE BlackBerry Apps (Paid and Free) To take full advantage of the phone!

Currently Apps that i Use:

• BeBuzz
    • Meter Berry
    • Twitter
    • WhatsAPP
    • BBM (of course)

what about you?
    Which apps you consider essential?
    05-18-11 06:39 PM
    I also like mobile data alerter as it breaks down network/wifi usage by day and month so you can monitor what data you are using
    cletus8 likes this.
    05-18-11 07:00 PM
    for a 'kinda new person' to blackberry, i must say you have a nice choice of paid apps
    cletus8 likes this.
    05-18-11 07:08 PM
    Meterberry and Berryweather are my must have paid apps.
    cletus8 likes this.
    05-18-11 07:12 PM
    PAID
    BePopup
    Smart WiFi
    Smart UMA
    Xobni
    QuickLaunch
    iLock
    AddOnIs
    MeterBerry
    Memory Booster - RAM optimzer

FREE
    GoogleMaps
    BB Traffic
    Barcode Assistant
    Network Traffic Control
    Poynt
    BB NewsFeeds
    CrackBerry Launcher

For me that is the ultimate setup. Nothing I cannot do with that setup there. Phone runs fast, get all my alerts, and I just cant be stopped. Let me know if I missed some must haves. I am always on the hunt for some good ones.

*I left off my social network apps, I feel those aren't for everyone and there are so many that I haven't tested that I can't say what is good or not. here is what i use though.. *

FaceBook 2.0
    Twitter 2.0
    SocialFeeds
    BBM 6.0
    cletus8 likes this.
    05-18-11 08:28 PM
    yep very good app recomendations

But.........

Have you played angry farm yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 09:43 PM
    RIM Made
    BlackBerry Wallet
    BlackBerry Protect
    BlackBerry PodCasts

Free
    SugarSync
    GoogleMaps
    WordPress
    LinkedIn

Paid
    Documents To Go Premium
    Fixmo Tools
    ShowMeTheImages
    BeBuzz
    05-18-11 10:38 PM
    How is Angry Farm on the Bold? I would reall enjoy it if it is good. Love to play on Droids. Shhhh... I'll never admit that again. :-/

05-18-11 11:59 PM
    HI!

Im kinda new in the BB world (the 9780 is my first BB phone, and i own it since a month more or less).

Well, the objective of this thread is to know, from you, BB Gurus, which are the MUST HAVE BlackBerry Apps (Paid and Free) To take full advantage of the phone!

Currently Apps that i Use:

• BeBuzz
    • Meter Berry
    • Twitter
    • WhatsAPP
    • BBM (of course)

what about you?
    Which apps you consider essential?
    Good selection of apps.

Here's a list of mine that you might consider.

PAID:
    MeterBerry
    BeBuzz
    BerryWeather
    QuickLaunch

PAID but there are FREE copies of these:
    ScreenShot
    Flashlight Pro
    TuneIn Radio Pro

BETA:
    Facebook 2.0
    Twitter 2.0
    BBM 6.0

Quicklaunch though is really a MUST HAVE APP.
    05-19-11 12:24 AM
    FREE:
    SocialScope (for Facebook / Twitter)
    Seesmic (for Twitter)
    AutoWifi (to turn on/off your WiFi-Connection based on your location)
    BBSSH (If you need SSH, that is )
    BeeTag (QR Code Reader)
    Viigo (for RSS-Feeds)
    LogicMail (For POP/IMAP Mail Access)

PAID:
    BerryBuzz
    05-19-11 01:06 AM
    Do you guys mind if I make a comment here and there?

Flashlight Pro: What exactly does it do? Because really, I can have the 9780 turned into a flash light by opening the video recorder and hitting space... If that's all your app does... erm... Sorry.

Memory Booster: Pretty much every single BB site says these are scam apps that do not do anything but what your device can do on its own (Fixmo Tools has such feature too, and does not even try to hide it).

Long story short: Stay clear of flashlight and memory 'booster' apps.

On top of that, do beware of overlapping features. You don't want to buy an app that does X when you already have an app that does X, Y and Z.

PS: Angry Farm on the 9780 is not bad!! I was surprised at how much 'not bad' it is! The lack of a touchscreen hurts it but not enough to make it not enjoyable. Could be my performance-tuned berry, but I only noticed a lack in speed when pulling the slingshot to aim.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-19-11 at 11:14 AM.
    05-19-11 11:12 AM
    Whenever I search for meterberry on my phone it comes up with bebuzz
    05-19-11 02:28 PM
    Whenever I search for meterberry on my phone it comes up with bebuzz
    Search for BeBuzz instead then

05-19-11 02:39 PM
    Yea I still only got BeBuzz and BeMail weird. Oh well.
    05-19-11 02:47 PM
    Don't have a Bold but ShortCutMe is a must have app for all BBs. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. A lot of people compare it to QuickLaunch, which I also love but I don't think they even compare. ShortCutMe is a true shortcut app where as QuickLaunch is just a neat way to organize things.

Personally, I love them both and actually have my left convenience key set to ShortCutMe and my right convenience key set to QuickLaunch.

Those too combined with an app called Extra Keys, which turns your mute button and volume buttons into shortcut keys when the media player is not in use, make a MEAN setup. My homescreen is completely obsolete.

05-19-11 05:04 PM
    Do you guys mind if I make a comment here and there?

Flashlight Pro: What exactly does it do? Because really, I can have the 9780 turned into a flash light by opening the video recorder and hitting space... If that's all your app does... erm... Sorry.

Memory Booster: Pretty much every single BB site says these are scam apps that do not do anything but what your device can do on its own (Fixmo Tools has such feature too, and does not even try to hide it).

Long story short: Stay clear of flashlight and memory 'booster' apps.

On top of that, do beware of overlapping features. You don't want to buy an app that does X when you already have an app that does X, Y and Z.

PS: Angry Farm on the 9780 is not bad!! I was surprised at how much 'not bad' it is! The lack of a touchscreen hurts it but not enough to make it not enjoyable. Could be my performance-tuned berry, but I only noticed a lack in speed when pulling the slingshot to aim.
    Don't know about Flashlight Pro but Brio Camera Light is an excellent app. Sure you can just turn on you camera or video camera but they turn off automatically after 30 seconds or so. With, Brio Camera Light, the light will not turn off until you close the app. Big difference.

As far as memory enhancers, meterberry does this so any other app will be redundant but the Flashlight app, at least the one I use I would highly recommend.
    05-19-11 05:18 PM
    If you get QuickLaunch of FixMo tools you will have muiltiple 'tools' like flashlights and toggles, and things. I would never get a 'one tool app', not when so many apps offer multiple tools.
    05-19-11 05:27 PM
    Could be my performance-tuned berry, but I only noticed a lack in speed when pulling the slingshot to aim.
    Nope, its not just you. Im using .546 right now, and i feel it a bit laggy too when pulling the slingshot
    05-19-11 09:52 PM
    Sure you can just turn on you camera or video camera but they turn off automatically after 30 seconds or so
    Point taken. There are plenty of free flashlight apps thou. So still no need to buy one.
    05-19-11 10:23 PM
    Point taken. There are plenty of free flashlight apps thou. So still no need to buy one.
    Mobihand gave me $25 worth of free software so... meh. Needed a flashlight, got a flashlight . But certainly not a "must have."
    05-19-11 11:14 PM
    Mobihand gave me $25 worth of free software so... meh. Needed a flashlight, got a flashlight . But certainly not a "must have."
    Do share the secret! I could use $25 worth in apps!
    05-20-11 09:13 AM
    Quicklaunch, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, Pandora, Poynt and Scoremobile.

05-20-11 09:31 AM
    Do share the secret! I could use $25 worth in apps!
    Well I bought Tether for $50. A few days later it went on sale for half off. I asked Mobihand if I could be refunded $25. They weren't willing to give up any money but they told me I could have $25 worth of software. I think I actually got like $32 worth and was willing to pay the difference but they said don't worry about it. Pretty sweet considering I was willing and satisfied paying $50 for Tether in the first place.
    05-20-11 10:45 AM
    Heh! Nice move!
    05-20-11 10:51 AM
    MUST HAVE

Paid: Documents to Go Premium

Free: DropBox (My best/favorite and most used app)
    Score Mobile
    Accuweather
    Poynt
    Audible
    05-20-11 09:13 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD