Does anyone know why some apps that have been free on other devices (particularly iPhone and Android) based handsets, are paid apps on Blackberry devices?
    One that caught my attention recently is Shazam. It's free Android but paid on Blackberry. There have been others I've seen but nothing else comes to mind at this time.
    Last edited by kehanra99; 04-15-10 at 09:03 AM.
    04-15-10 08:55 AM
    Because it is actually hard to create apps for the blackberry and its all upon the developer. I believe that iphones and android apps are good but how good are they bc I know to get most of those apps you have to have a jailbroken iphone or a rooted android. Most apps for both platforms are cracked by hackers for BB this isn't easy. Less developers more cost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by hitman52; 04-15-10 at 06:02 PM.
    04-15-10 03:06 PM
    Shazam for the BlackBerry is (or was, at least as of a few months ago) has a free version, I got mine from AppWorld.

The free version limits the number of tags per month, off the top of my head, but otherwise does work 'forever' without buying.
    04-15-10 03:25 PM
    Ahh, I thought that tag limit was total until purchase. It said I had 9 remaining after my first one, so maybe it's not that different after all...
    04-16-10 01:18 PM
    Yeah I think the full-version unlimited Shazam is paid on the iPhone and Android too, unless they're getting money direct from Apple and/or Google to supply it for free.

There are apps that are the other way around too. The new Kik Chat is free for BB and 99 for iPhone.

Then a similar app, Whatsapp, is also 99 for iPhone but $1.99 per year for BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD