I'm thinking about getting some paid apps for my tour but before I do I want to know if the apps are tied to the phone they are purchased on. For example, if I buy berry buzz pro on this tour but I end up having to return the phone due to warranty and get a refurb, will I get to use my paid version of berry buzz on my new refurb phone or is it tied to the older tour?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 04:15 PM
    no most apps are not. some of the messaging oriented apps and others you may find are pin oriented. if you replace the device you can transfer the paid apps to the new phone through bbdm.
    01-16-10 04:22 PM
    What is bbdm if i may ask?
    01-16-10 04:26 PM
    Blackberry Desktop Manager

If you get it thru crackberry store you can go change your PIN and just resend the invoice to your phone and download it again.. if not just contact support and they will usually give you another activation code.
    01-16-10 04:34 PM
    not as far as I'm concerned...
    01-16-10 04:46 PM
    Many paid apps are not PIN keyed. For those that are, you can change your PIN at CB store and automatically see new codes for all your keyed apps, and after so many PIN changes they start making you contact them. App World you have to contact each time, they let you do it a reasonable number of times but are reluctant to do it too many times.
    01-16-10 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD