Earlier this morning I logged onto PCmag.com and came across the �Top 100 Undiscovered Websites� where this little beauty came up�PageOnce.

Unlike other social dashboards, this site keeps track of your financial transactions too�I know, �there�s no way I�m doing that��I thought the same thing, until did some snooping.

It appears that this site includes 256-bit encryption and the financial transactions are all READ ONLY! So, no worries about someone hacking into the site and wiping your account out. Also, if there are any changes made to your account, an email is sent out to you.

Also � IT�S FREE and it works on the BB!! Go to Pageonce: Personal Productivity Assistant application for iPhone and BlackBerry, mobile online account management, universal login on your desktop to register and set up the accounts. Then got to Pageonce: Personal Productivity Assistant application for iPhone and BlackBerry, mobile online account management, universal login on your BB and download the app.

Currently I have:
    (4) Yahoo! Email accounts
    (2) Gmail accounts
    (2) Hotmail accounts
    MySpace
    eBay
    American Express
    PhotoBucket

All of which I can read email, check the status of an auction, check transactions and upload photos without leaving the app! No need to bounce between web sites either.

All loaded onto one easy-to-manage page. The BB application works and looks great.
    10-31-08 01:00 PM
    i downloaded this earlier, and it seems perfect. but the myspace account, has yours been working? i keep getting an error saying that there's something wrong with that account and theyre "working on it".
    10-31-08 01:12 PM
    I got the same message. I'm sure it will up and running soon because this will be a HUGE selling point for new users. I like the fact that I can look at all of my email in one place.
    10-31-08 01:14 PM
    downloading it for myspace and photobucket
    10-31-08 01:25 PM
    I got the same message. I'm sure it will up and running soon because this will be a HUGE selling point for new users. I like the fact that I can look at all of my email in one place.
    yeah and i definetely dont NEED to see my myspace comments right away, so that definetely didnt make me uninstall. i really wanted it it for the bank/bills stuff...and yay it's free.
    10-31-08 01:33 PM
    turns out i needed it for more than that
    10-31-08 01:47 PM
    Very interesting, I'll give it a whirl...
    10-31-08 02:04 PM
    It appears that this site includes 256-bit encryption and the financial transactions are all READ ONLY! So, no worries about someone hacking into the site and wiping your account out. Also, if there are any changes made to your account, an email is sent out to you.
    I saw the part about it being read only, but that only covers half the issue.

If somebody is able to hack into your PageOnce account, they would not be able to transfer money out of your accounts.

However, what if somebody is able to hack the PageOnce servers, and get access to the underlying account passwords? Then, they'd be able to log into your accounts directly, without going through PageOnce.

A bunch of people have asked this question on the PageOnce forums, and the typical response is that they have tight security. They point out that if somebody hacked their servers they'd be out of business, and so security is their top concern.

Perhaps they are correct, and perhaps their security is tight enough. I don't really know. I do know it makes me uncomfortable to give a site my financial passwords, so I think I'll limit use to non-financial sites, at least for the time being.
    10-31-08 04:23 PM
    I downloaded this the other day when it was featured on CB. It's great. I added AT&T and can check my data and minute usage as well as my bill total etc. I've also added my banking info, photobucket, twitter and a couple other utility companies. So far so good.
    10-31-08 04:32 PM
    Sounds great! I'm going to check this out tonight after work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 04:37 PM
    I used to be able to log into my Verizon Account page using my old LG phone that used Mobile Web 2.0
    Since upgrading to Blackberry, I've been unable to access my site via my blackberry browser. If I wanted to check my minute and text details, I would have to check it via text message. Now I can check my minute and text details using PaceOnce. I've also set it up with other accounts as well. I took the leap and added my credit card account. I can check it to make sure there are no charges that were not made by me. If so, I could notify my card company immediately. My card company is also pretty good at deleting charges that were not made by me.
    10-31-08 05:51 PM
    I saw the part about it being read only, but that only covers half the issue.

If somebody is able to hack into your PageOnce account, they would not be able to transfer money out of your accounts.

However, what if somebody is able to hack the PageOnce servers, and get access to the underlying account passwords? Then, they'd be able to log into your accounts directly, without going through PageOnce.

A bunch of people have asked this question on the PageOnce forums, and the typical response is that they have tight security. They point out that if somebody hacked their servers they'd be out of business, and so security is their top concern.

Perhaps they are correct, and perhaps their security is tight enough. I don't really know. I do know it makes me uncomfortable to give a site my financial passwords, so I think I'll limit use to non-financial sites, at least for the time being.
    You make a very good point. But remember, the 256-bit encryption is very difficult (not impossible) to hack. I'm sure the actual website would be "easier" to hack into.
    10-31-08 07:01 PM
    Not to mention you're more likely to get results with basic stuff like phishing, fake urls, etc, rather than hacking a server...
    10-31-08 08:31 PM
    I downloaded pageonce set everything up on my desktop but I can't log in through my blackberry it just keeps sendin me to the same page. HELP
    10-31-08 10:13 PM
    I keep getting the error message saying that their working on correcting the issue with about 8 out of the 9 accounts I've tried to setup. How long do they normally take to update and correct the issue their having?

10-31-08 10:21 PM
    I recently downloaded pageonce set up everything through my desktop and went to log in through bb and it won't let me log in.
    HELP!
    10-31-08 10:49 PM
    Gonna give this a try. Thx for this awesome piece of info

I'm using 3G for my data service and its weird that i can't connect using that. Only accepts my WIFI/GPRS connections.
    Last edited by tj.bsap; 11-01-08 at 07:12 AM.
    11-01-08 06:40 AM
    I just set up PageOnce and everything is working well except it keeps saying that my citibank userid and password are incorrect (which its not). Also I can't figure out how to add Netflix on! It says I have to do something through the Netflix site to give it permission but I can't find anything on there. Was anyone else able to get Netflix to work?
    11-01-08 11:40 AM
    I tried to set up my TD Canada Trust account & it says no data is available & they're currently experiencing problems with that account. Under that it says not all my financial accounts are listed above (none are actually) because I still have unclassified accounts.
    11-02-08 12:18 AM
    This sounds great thanks for sharing, will check it out tomorrow!
    11-02-08 12:34 AM
    I signed up on the website and set up some accounts. Then I downloaded the BB piece to my handheld and signed into it. The problem is that none of my accounts, which appear fine on the website, show up on my BB. Am I missing some step to make the linlk between the website and the BlackBerry? I'd like to be able to view my accounts on the device. Thanks!

11-02-08 12:42 AM
    This site is still in the beta phase and I'm sure they'll update more as time goes by. As of now, I have 16 accounts and 4 with issues. For those of you who are unable to download the application to the BB, did you download OTA?

11-02-08 10:27 PM
    My accounts aren't updating on Pageone...I really wish they would! I'm also getting my oldest transactions on my BB not my most current!
    11-03-08 01:02 PM
    The MySpace app is up and running...but not well.

Also, as of right now, you are unable to refresh the data on your BB. The updated data will show up after you refresh it on your PC. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    11-04-08 11:26 AM
    So, I am one of those who is still wondering about the security side of things. I have been wondering, my bank is one of those smaller ones that does happen to be on here, would pageonce have had to request permission from these institutions to be linked with this app??? Is it something I can call my banks customer service and ask what they think of the security??? I'll probably end up using it for my bank anyway, just wondering.
    11-07-08 02:00 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD