Hey crackberry friends. I know a thread like this already exists, but I thought I'd make one just for blackberry 8100 devices. This is going to be a list of all of our favorite apps to download for the 8100. I will try to include links as best I can so go ahead and post up your favorite apps and I'll continue to edit this first post whenever new ones get posted up. Hopefully this will be good for new people with 8100's to learn to love the phone. If nobody participates, we'll just let this thread die out, but hopefully we'll get some good ideas in here.

Beyond411:
    Description: An excellent app for searching phone numbers and address from you bb in seconds
    Price: $0.00
    DL LINK
    OTA

Opera Mini:
    Description: An HTML browser for your bb mobile device that runs exceptionally well on GSM devices. This browser displays full web pages and allows you to "zoom" in on specified areas. You can also synch this browser with the opera browser for your computer.
    Note: This browser does not run java
    DL LINK
    OTA

Bolt:
    Description: Another HTML web browser that allows you to surf the web quickly. This browser does not display the full page to zoom in on but rather displays the page zoomed in and allows you to navigate across the screen at higher speeds
    DL LINK
    OTA

Capture It:
    Description: An app that allows you to take screen shots of your blackberry. The screen shot is stored as a picture in your phone's memory and can be used to describe certian issues to others or to provide examples on what problems you are having.
    DL LINK
    OTA

Flickr
    Descrition: A fun photosharing app that allows you to upload photos straight from your handset.
    Snap a picture, choose the right photoset, tag it, and even adjust its size. Then post it with just a few quick clicks.
    Note: Geotagging will not be accurately available on 8100 non GPS model pearls.
    DL LINK
    OTA

GOOGLE APPS
    GMAIL
    Description: Google mail (gmail) on the go
    OTA

Google Calendar
    Descrition: You can sync information in Google Calendar with your BlackBerry calendar, so whether you add new appointments from your phone or from your computer, you always have access to your up-to-date schedule.
    OTA

Google Contacts
    Description:Google Sync also now offers two-way synchronization between your BlackBerry's built-in address book and your Google Apps contacts automatically over the air.
    OTA

Goole Talk
    Description:There's a handy Google Talk application that lets you see who's online and instant message with contacts from your BlackBerry.
    OTA

Google Docs
    Description: To access your documents and spreadsheets when you're not at a computer, you can sign in to Google Docs from your BlackBerry web browser. Just visit docs.google.com/a/example.com, but remember to replace "example.com" in this address with your actual domain name.
    No OTA link as this is more of a weblink than an actual app.

Google Maps:
    Description: A navigation app powered by google maps. This app allows for directions, street views, and is very compatible with addresses stored in bb contacts.
    DL LINK
    OTA

And of course we can't forget....
    Blackberry App World
    Description: An application provided by RIM. This application is strictly made to surf and find hundreds of new applications. While BB App World is a free download, some apps offered by the App World will be free and some will not be.
    This list is not done and please list up as many of your favorite apps as you can.
    OTA

ExtraLight
    Description: A nifty Application that turns your status LED into a flashlight.
    Note: Please note this only turns the status led light into a flash light and does not affect your flash led
    DL LINK
    OTA

BBFileScout
    Description: This great little program lets you delete/move/rename/email/zip pretty much any file on the phone, even the hidden stuff. You can delete the oem pics and music/ringtones/samples you don't like and free up some serious space on the phone's internal memory.
    DL Link
    OTA

BerryUnitConverter
    Description: A unite converter for your BB
    DL LINK
    OTA

BlingBall
    Description: An application to bring the blingball back to the newer OS
    DL LINK
    OTA

QuickPull
    Description: An application that quickly simulates a battery pull without actually having to pull your battery.
    OTA

MobiHand AppStore (CrackBerry)
    OTA

Youmail
    Description: A handy little app that supports Visual Voicemail to your BB.
    Price: $0
    DL LINK
    OTA

Pandora
    Description: An application that allows you to stream your own customized music channels straight to your blackberry device
    Note: You must have BB App World in order to dl this app
    OTA

Facebook
    Description: An app that allows you to access your facebook right from you phone. You can send messages, upload photos, and more.
    OTA

Twitterberry
    description: Twitter is a program to let your friends know what your up to, send messages to each other, and keep caught up. Now you can twitter from your BB.
    OTA

Myspace
    Description: The power to access myspace anytime anywhere, now you can upload photos, share comments, and check your messages all from you blackberry.
    DL LINK
    OTA

Navita Translator
    Decription: An app that allows you to translate languages right on your blackberry wether it be a manual input, or straight from an email.
    OTA

World Clock
    Description: See what time it is anywhere in the world and display up to 4 different cities at once.
    OTA small version

As mjneid posted, here is a link to the general BB discussion section which contains a thread full of downloads for all blackberries created by Adam Zeis. Please do not bring random apps from this thread, only apps that apply well to the pearl.
    Massive BB App thread
    If you find any apps in the above thread that you like, please feel free to post them in here. I will research them and post links for dl, OTA, and a description of the App for others

Thanks for your additions mjneid and Pete6

Edit* As somebody else mentioned, some of our favorite apps may not be free, so I have added prices to them.
    Last edited by austinkli; 05-04-09 at 10:19 AM.
    04-28-09 02:06 PM
    Note, for the most part I would like free apps, but if you find one that has charges that you must post, go ahead. If there is a charge, please post the charge as well so that I can include that in the description.
    04-28-09 03:06 PM
    Sorry to bust your bubble....but....... i will say thanks for putting that list together.....now on to the sarcasim.....

But you gotta admit, mine looks good.
    04-29-09 11:24 AM
    alot more apps can be found here
    Source
    Last edited by mjneid; 04-29-09 at 11:59 AM.
    04-29-09 11:31 AM
    Gotta be said. This subject has been covered many, many times. I am not sure about the title either. The OP say it is "Our Favorite Apps" but then goes on to say that he prefers free apps and he will edit. This does not sound very "ours" to me.
    04-29-09 11:38 AM
    04-29-09 01:04 PM
    Gotta be said. This subject has been covered many, many times. I am not sure about the title either. The OP say it is "Our Favorite Apps" but then goes on to say that he prefers free apps and he will edit. This does not sound very "ours" to me.
    I searched in didn't see one in the 8100 section. Just thought it'd be nice for us to have our own nice clean and easy to use thread for the 8100 series.

thanks for the list below, I'll add them soon.
    04-29-09 02:49 PM
    updated 04-29-09
    Last edited by austinkli; 04-29-09 at 03:23 PM.
    04-29-09 02:51 PM
    austinkli:, Hope you don't mind but I took out the quote
    marks from Pete6's post in your update so that your post would
    maintain it's flow.
    04-29-09 07:06 PM
    updated... 6 new apps added
    05-01-09 02:20 PM
    Here's another one.

WorldClock. Display multiple world city times on-screen at once.

World Clock - A Free J2ME Mobile Phone Application
    05-02-09 11:38 AM
    just wondering if theres an app that lets you control if you want the keyboard light to be on or off (so the trackball could be the color i selected by using blingball)
    05-02-09 11:41 AM
    Here's another one.

WorldClock. Display multiple world city times on-screen at once.

World Clock - A Free J2ME Mobile Phone Application
    added

Evolancer, I will check for you.
    05-04-09 10:20 AM
    I appreciate the effort that was done to provide these links and apps to those of us with the 8100. I am a newbie who just acquired this device. I mean it was free because I won it!

I just installed the 4.5 o.s. that Big Bad Wolf provided so I have learned a lot so far and you experts out there who give us folks a hand is commendable!

Thanks.
    10-23-09 05:35 PM
    just wondering if theres an app that lets you control if you want the keyboard light to be on or off (so the trackball could be the color i selected by using blingball)
    I don't know about a way to keep the keyboard light off, but on there's a great app for:

10-23-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD