Ok so this is my first blackberry and I'm still learning the ropes, and I noticed that I can't view a lot of websites, even simple ones and I was wondering if there any other browsers foR blackberry that you can view most websites on, I had skyfire on my old htc and that worked really good so if there is anything similar please help me out
    08-07-09 08:37 AM
    Bolt Browser works nice.
    08-07-09 10:07 AM
    Bolt: Bolt Browser

Opera Mini: http://mini.opera.com/

i use both as well as the BlackBerry browser. To download, click on those links from your BB browser. Make sure your emulation mode is set to BlackBerry under browser options.
    08-07-09 10:10 AM
    i downloaded Opera mini Monday. so far so good. I'm doing Bolt now.
    08-07-09 10:17 AM
    My tour has a drop down menu to pick blackberry, internet explorer of firefox. What is that about? I wish the manual was a little more informative.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 10:20 AM
    Those is just your emulation choices. Meaning how the pages will be rendered (ie what they load/look like). You aren't really using those as a browser. Bolt and OM are the only browsers that i know of at this time.
    08-07-09 10:23 AM
    My tour has a drop down menu to pick blackberry, internet explorer of firefox. What is that about? I wish the manual was a little more informative.

Your want to leave that setting at Blackberry for most uses. There are a number of sites that if this is not the default setting you will be unable to download content. Hope this helps. I am using opera mini and love it the download link is in an above post.
    08-07-09 10:27 AM
    Great, thanks for the replies/info.

08-07-09 10:28 AM
    Your want to leave that setting at Blackberry for most uses. There are a number of sites that if this is not the default setting you will be unable to download content. Hope this helps. I am using opera mini and love it the download link is in an above post.
    That's an excellent point! Thanks for bringing it up! i leave my BlackBerry browser emulation set to BlackBerry as well!
    08-07-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD