bb 9780 v6.0.0.668 bundel 2949

my 4th bb screen went white.. so got a new bb this time instead of a new screen in the old one.. when downloading/installing the 1b3ke app i too get the unexpected server answer error.. so no luck.. however.. i found an older link as posted with Gmail 1.1.0... that one works fine now, bit old, tiny logo.. but hey it does the trick..

http://boostapps.com/files/gmail11c.jad (download on the device..)

on questions why i need the app.. i'm connected to a BES.. so anyone with the 2.0.7.. please report !
    04-12-13 08:49 AM
    ...Thanks so much. That's sort of working, however, it only lets me sign into one gmail account and I can't really type anything...ack. Thank you tho, its something...Anyone? Anyone?
    04-12-13 11:30 AM
    u'r welcome.. for now i've tested 2.0.5.. 6 and 7.. no working pfff.. this is the only version working for now.. maybe some can check out why the very old version is working ( doesn't even give a signal with new mail grrrr )

you can type and reply, just keep hitting menu-done or menu-clear etc
    04-12-13 02:46 PM
    i also tried 2.06 and 2.0.7 with the same errors. i loaded 1.5 which is a touch better than 1.1 but it still doesn't do 99% of what i need it to do. i'm so miserable right now. WHY did it work on my 9900 yesterday and not today? How can that be? What is causing this unexpected server error? Has anyone resolved it?
    04-12-13 05:22 PM
    please share/upload link for 1.5 ?
    04-13-13 03:22 AM
    I got it from here: http://blog.maisnam.com/archives/000267.php

I think I used swiss army knife to load. Not sure I tried so many things in the last 2 days it is such a blur.

Let's think about this. If it worked on my phone yesterday, that means it can work on BB9900 OS 7. Since the upgrade to 7.1, getting "unexpected server response." Since the revert back to 7, same thing. So...this has to be some communication issue the blackberry is having now allowing the app to communicate to someplace in the cloud, not a functionality over at google. What, oh what pray tell, could the issue be? The apps has all the permissions it needs.

I'm not a coder so I dunno what to do here. . . I will send a pizza to anyone who comes up with a fix for this!
    Last edited by Orlie; 04-13-13 at 06:34 AM.
    04-13-13 06:03 AM
    ...could this be a certificate issue? . . .
    04-13-13 06:58 AM
    I'm going nuts with this Gmail issue on blackberry also. Please help! Does anyone have a solution for the sudden "Unexpected Server Response" following OS upgrade on Blackberry?
    04-15-13 07:56 AM
    As an extra bonus, in addition to killing my gmail app, the upgrade hosed the connection to the bluetooth in my car. I am really starting to hate RIM. Stuffing upgrade buttons in our faces when nothing is wrong with our phones is the darkest form of evil known to techkind. I just downgraded again to get my bluetooth back working and I lost all my settings... @#^@&^!&!!
    04-15-13 09:30 PM
    ...can some bunny with a working GMail app on Tmobile tell the rest of us what APN your phone is using? ...puh-lease. Is under device/advanced system settings. signed, grasping at straws.
    04-15-13 11:10 PM
    And...uh...if anyone with a working gmail app can export the Verisign cert with the sn 70:BA:E4:1D:10: D9:29:34:B6:38:CA:7B:03:CC:BA:BF from their BB thru desktop manager certificates synch app and stick it somewhere for us to download...maybe that would do it. . .~sigh~...this is making me INSANE. I am CERTAIN that a change to the BB will make it work since that's what's made it not work.
    04-16-13 12:29 AM
    HI! I just got my BB "upgraded" by my employee and trusted everything would be copied from the last one... big mistake lost my gmail bb app. The last time I had made a copy from other device and was able to copy 3rd party apps with no problem. (i wish I had done the same this time)

Ive been trying now for almost 2 days with different online JAR, JADs, ALXs and nothing worked (same "no server response"- error) until I found THIS one => GMAIL_8700.zip
    I apologyze Im not able to identify right now where i dowloaded it from (now have millions of Jars... in my download folder from different webpages). It works on my 9300 (OS 6), dont know if it fixes problem with OS7 & upgrade
    Attached Files
    05-18-13 11:43 AM
    ^Thank you! This the the only gmail app so far that works on my BB 9360 Curve!
    06-10-13 10:12 AM
    Yeap, thx Luciana Delmar, that's the only one worked on my bb 9900 os 7.1, without bis/bes, receive mail, but when trying to send mail, i get an error "java.lang.runtimeexception unexpected server response 500 internal server error"
    JC61 likes this.
    06-16-13 04:00 AM
    HI! I just got my BB "upgraded" by my employee and trusted everything would be copied from the last one... big mistake lost my gmail bb app. The last time I had made a copy from other device and was able to copy 3rd party apps with no problem. (i wish I had done the same this time)

Ive been trying now for almost 2 days with different online JAR, JADs, ALXs and nothing worked (same "no server response"- error) until I found THIS one => GMAIL_8700.zip
    I apologyze Im not able to identify right now where i dowloaded it from (now have millions of Jars... in my download folder from different webpages). It works on my 9300 (OS 6), dont know if it fixes problem with OS7 & upgrade

How do you install your attachment? I unzipped it but am unsure as to what comes next. Thanks.
    06-16-13 08:20 PM
    you can simply copy it on your bb-SD (after unzipping, that means copy the 3 files), then with the "file explorer" search the ALX file and double click, it will start installing!
    06-17-13 07:36 AM
    Yeap, thx Luciana Delmar, that's the only one worked on my bb 9900 os 7.1, without bis/bes, receive mail, but when trying to send mail, i get an error "java.lang.runtimeexception unexpected server response 500 internal server error"
    It happens sometimes to me too, haven�t been able to fix it yet, but at least I know when I got mail. I`ll upload a new version if I can fix this.
    Last edited by Luciana Delmar; 08-11-13 at 06:41 PM.
    06-17-13 07:38 AM
    you can simply copy it on your bb-SD (after unzipping, that means copy the 3 files), then with the "file explorer" search the ALX file and double click, it will start installing!
    Thanks for your help. I tried the steps you suggested, however, it did not work on my Curve 9360. I have OS 7.1>
    06-20-13 12:52 PM
    Thanks for your help. I tried the steps you suggested, however, it did not work on my Curve 9360. I have OS 7.1>
    Use BBSAK to install the two CODs (ignore the alx file).

This is an older Gmail app but still functions reasonably well. Shame the new one is broken now.
    07-08-13 10:32 PM
    Too bad Google is so all powerful and is drunk with money! The GMail app for Blackberry is a dead issue and none of these thing work anymore...I would describe the situation to Google as SHAMEFUL! I am not proud that the company is in my home state of Massachusetts. Quite frankly they abandoned us and don't care...as previously stated they are totally drunk and stoned on making big money...why would they care about any of us who have been left out in the cold? Fact is...they don't. Android is garbage and it amazing to me how soooooo many sheep have followed the flock to Google. and for what? Because it is "popular"...certainly not because it is any good...as stated before...it's total garbage...but usual people will buy into what is hip...not because it it good..
    Luciana Delmar likes this.
    07-13-13 06:12 PM
    This is an older Gmail app but still functions reasonably well.
    Miracle - it does indeed install. I've tried a whole range of Gmail apps - v2.0.6, 2.0.7, a few of the old ones lurking around - and none of them even installs. However...

Getting the "Unexpected server response: 500 Internal Server Error - any known solution?
    07-15-13 11:05 PM
    The whole killing of the gmail app by google was kind of a D**k move. They could have easily left the app up and the registration server and simply stated they were not going to support it anymore instead of killing the ability to reinstall the app.
    07-25-13 12:25 AM
    When I click on .alx I am getting "Unable to display file". My BB is Bold 9650. Please advise.
    08-07-13 07:31 PM
    You can import .alx to the BB Desktop Software and after install from DS
    08-09-13 07:47 PM
    I installed it via BBSAK. The problem is when I am deleting a message it gives me a server error. The message "disappears" however in fact it still in my inbox and after refresh it appears again.
    08-21-13 06:54 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD