This problem is very annoying. It's a feature I use VERY much so you can imagine the frustration.

Here is what and how it happens......

I take a pic
    I click the BB button and choose "Send..."
    I choose "Facebook" (running the latest v1.9)
    I successfully add a caption, tag the photo and upload
    At this point the phone freezes and I'm stuck on that Facebook upload screen.
    I CAN hold the BB button and see everything running in the background.
    I see the pictures icon, Facebook, camera, and the usual others you can't close like the browser, home screen, etc. but nothing else.
    I can choose the "Home" icon and am taken home but can't open anything.
    If I try to open the camera, pictures app or Facebook, nothing happens. It just sits there. I'm forced to do the "alt>caps-lock>del" to force a reboot.

VERY frustrated! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    11-20-10 10:26 AM
    I forgot to mention the picture DOES actually upload to Facebook correctly.
    11-20-10 10:27 AM
    have you tried timing how long it will remain in "frozen" status?
    11-20-10 10:41 AM
    Did you download FB from AppWorld?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 03:26 PM
    mine does that too!
    but it only recently start doing this after installing the new facebook.....
    i'm currently running .337 on a 9800
    11-20-10 10:32 PM
    I have not tried to time how long it sits frozen but it's a long time.

I did install Facebook from Appworld.
    11-21-10 09:17 AM
    I have a 9100 and it's doing the same thing - driving me MENTAL! ... I have to pull the battery out to get it to go back to normal. Any tips/help!?
    11-22-10 01:36 AM
    I am having the same problem and came here looking for a solution. Soooo - nothing? I am taking the pic, choosing to upload to Facebook, caption the pic, then nothing...... FROZEN. Yes, the pic does upload, but I have to battery pull to reboot.

I use this ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!! Sooooooo frustrating!
    11-22-10 08:30 AM
    This problem is very annoying. It's a feature I use VERY much so you can imagine the frustration.

Here is what and how it happens......

I take a pic
    I click the BB button and choose "Send..."
    I choose "Facebook" (running the latest v1.9)
    I successfully add a caption, tag the photo and upload
    At this point the phone freezes and I'm stuck on that Facebook upload screen.
    I CAN hold the BB button and see everything running in the background.
    I see the pictures icon, Facebook, camera, and the usual others you can't close like the browser, home screen, etc. but nothing else.
    I can choose the "Home" icon and am taken home but can't open anything.
    If I try to open the camera, pictures app or Facebook, nothing happens. It just sits there. I'm forced to do the "alt>caps-lock>del" to force a reboot.

VERY frustrated! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

i noticed this problem even before i upgraded to OS6. i thought it was the Facebook App issue...
    11-22-10 07:55 PM
    This is still happening to me with the OS6 v380 leak.
    12-13-10 02:07 PM
    mine does that too!
    but it only recently start doing this after installing the new facebook.....
    i'm currently running .337 on a 9800
    Ditto mine too! Torch on .337
    12-13-10 02:42 PM
    Yup same problem here, i upload a photo and it shows the connection sign that it is uploading but everything freezes and i reset my BB, sometimes it says an error and tells me to reset (with a background and reset button)

and the thing is that it uploads the photo successfully but remains frozen until i reset ...
    If there's a solution for this i will be grateful otherwise going to uninstall and put back the older version
    12-13-10 05:28 PM
    bumping this thread back up... this all of a sudden started happening to me. I'm still running OS5 (5.0.0.975) on a Bold 9650.

pic uploads worked fine until about a week ago. now i'm getting the same symptoms of everyone about.

anyone have a cure?
    12-24-10 12:02 PM
    My 9630 Tour Started doing this last Night! How can I fix it?
    12-25-10 11:39 AM
    New Torch and been happening to me too since I bought it 3 weeks ago. Never had a problem with it happening on my Bold.

Any suggestions where else we can post the bug so it gets addressed? Any solutions?
    Does anyone know if it's a problem with OS6 or Facebook app?

01-03-11 04:48 AM
    Me too! Will be following this post to see if anyone has a solution. Should we uninstall and reinstall FB?
    01-09-11 09:44 AM
    This has been happening to me ever since I upgraded to the Facebook v1.9 app that I got from AppWorld back in late October and I thought maybe, just maybe, it would disappear when I installed OS6 --.280 but nope it is still happening! I too use this a lot but have found myself holding back from taking pics/uploading to FB because of it! Someone suggested uploading pics from the mobile app but it happens there too! I have posted before about this topic and never get a fix but hoping someone out there can resolve it - it obviously is a FB issue, since it is happening on all BB's - not just mine!
    01-10-11 04:26 PM
    Mine does this too probably 60% of the time.

OS5, OS6. happened on both. It must be a fb app issue.

Looking for solutions!
    03-02-11 01:21 PM
    Mine does this too probably 60% of the time.

OS5, OS6. happened on both. It must be a fb app issue.

Looking for solutions!
    03-02-11 01:22 PM
    This is a known bug of FB, upgrade to V 1.9.28 which already fixed thid bug
    http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=facebook

03-02-11 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD