Love the 9700! I am on OS .296 so obviously there are updates available. Question: If I update, will I need to re-install my 3rd party apps?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, you folks are the greatest!
    01-20-10 12:15 PM
    Have a read here... http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    01-20-10 12:20 PM
    if all go's well you wont need to use your backup of third party apps but if something go's wrong you will need a backup
    01-20-10 12:24 PM
    Love the 9700! I am on OS .296 so obviously there are updates available. Question: If I update, will I need to re-install my 3rd party apps?

Welcome aboard. Nice quality first post.
    01-20-10 12:27 PM

After you install the OS on your PC. Do a back up of your BB thru DM. After this close it out; navigate to and launch: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ loader.exe. This will do a back up along with 3rd party apps. Then it will install everything along with 3rd party apps. The only thing that sucks is you have to active any apps that had an activation code to use the app... Other than that it should be this easy, as I install all OS this way....
    01-20-10 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD